Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO - Android - App always on!
3475 15 2015-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim.erlandsson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18619 ft
Sweden

Hey!! First, I've got Phantom 3 Pro; Firmware v1.3.20, and a Samsung Galaxy S5 with DJI GO App v2.0.2.

The DJI Go app does not close fully when I press back or even use "Advanced Task Killer". (The recent app menu does not work either)
I can only shut it down with "Force shutdown" in "App handler". This is annoying, my battery drains alot with DJI running in background! More than 50% in half a day in background!!

Because of the app running in background I sometimes hear the speaker shouting out "Welcome to your aircraft, please check your aircraft status before taking off" (something like that).
This happens even when the app is not running, or connected with Remote Control, with the phone in sleepmode aswell (screen off). Woke me last night when I was asleep!

And a question at last, is there any setting in the app to change the streaming quality to the phone (live video feed), cause sometimes it is a bit laggy!? (especially on my surfpad, Galaxy Tab 3, but sometimes on the S5 aswell)

/thanks in advance!

2015-8-24
Use props
steve.hajewski
New

United States

No solution, but I have the same issue with my Galaxy S5 since installing this app.
2015-8-24
Use props
kotanali
lvl.1

United States

I also have a GS 5.  You should be able to see which apps you have used recently by pressing the button to the left of the home button.  From there you can close individual apps by pressing the X in the upper right corner of each app the is open or close all by pressing the button in the lower right of the screen. Hope this helps.
2015-8-24
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

Two taps on the right soft buttom on your device and the app will be stop.
Download Video quality to device if your use P3 can't be changed
2015-8-24
Use props
kmonson
New

United States

EYE in the SKY
I also have the same problem with a G S5. Could you better explain what you mean by the "right soft buttom".     Thanks    KM
2015-8-25
Use props
tim.erlandsson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18619 ft
Sweden

kotanali Posted at 2015-8-25 10:05
I also have a GS 5.  You should be able to see which apps you have used recently by pressing the but ...

I´ve tried that to... force shutdown is the only way that works for me, but it is a bit annoying.
Right soft button must be the "Back" button (on SGS5 it´s on the right side of homebutton) may be diffrerent on other devices.
2015-8-25
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

kmonson Posted at 2015-8-25 20:54
EYE in the SKY
I also have the same problem with a G S5. Could you better explain what you mean by t ...

At the bottom of the screen if you slide your finger from the bootom to the center of the screen You can see 3 icons . So the right icon  seems (arrow to the left) is the target  Click it 2times fast as you can and the app will be stoped and closed
2015-8-25
Use props
Sheldy
lvl.1

New Zealand

same issue here, randomly starts going off lol rather annoying even when the whole app process is killed. hope there is a fix for it soon! Samsung Galaxy S5 also
2015-8-25
Use props
LarryBanks
lvl.1

Canada

Sheldy Posted at 2015-8-26 02:42
same issue here, randomly starts going off lol rather annoying even when the whole app process is ki ...

Same issue, Nexus 6.

All kinds of other problems with the app too:
- Random crashes
- Random video corruption
- Failure to connect
2015-8-30
Use props
martinunrue
lvl.1

United States

I don't have the problem with battery drain, but I do get the voice announcements at odd times. Even when the app is not running. Really annoying when its the middle of the night. I'm running the app on a Samsung Note 4.
2015-9-1
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same issue Samsung Tab 4 - 7 ,  wondered where the muffled voice was coming from ? app was closed but could hear a muffled voice
"The home point has been updated please check it on the map"  got some funny look in Maccy D's lol
2015-9-1
Use props
lookc111
lvl.1

Malaysia

N5 also same issue
2015-9-6
Use props
Gelith
New

Norway

"Welcome to your aircraft, please check your aircraft status before taking off"

As a owner of P3 Pro, I also got waked up by this, and It's starting at just without me touching the app.
I've noticed that the app is thining that i connected to a P3 Standard, which I don't own at all.
2015-9-8
Use props
biglewey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3530 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here
2015-9-12
Use props
biglewey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3530 ft
United Kingdom

Oh and app seems to start for no good reason even if I'm not using it. This has left me with a flat battery a couple of times. Any help please
2015-9-12
Use props
Quax
lvl.1

Germany

biglewey Posted at 2015-9-12 16:19
Oh and app seems to start for no good reason even if I'm not using it. This has left me with a flat  ...

Any news on this?
When i stop DJI GO (Android) it starts up again within minutes.
What is the need this app is permantely up?
What is XGPushService doing?
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules