Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 + RC/RC Pro + Goggles 2/Integra? Please VOTE!
6382 37 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI done a good job and released a new firmware to make compatible Goggles2/Integra with Mavic 3 and Mini 3 pro. Most of owners was asking and waiting for that which was a missing ability when comparing with Mavic 2.

DJI Motion 2 also a good upgrade to the motion 1 and a good alternative for controlling to the drone. If you have a goggles, i believe you need one to use it together.

But in a strong daylight it is being harder to use DJI RC/RC Pro even and would be good to be able to use Goggles 2/Integra with traditional remotes. It is not for FPV experience but easier usage in certain conditions.

What do you think about that?
Single SelectVote, Total 73 people participate in voting
0.00% (0)
100.00% (73)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-4-29
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

There’s a YouTube video of someone using the goggles 2 and the Dji RC pro with it.  Very limited in the remote features but this was uploaded just a day or 2 ago and it works.  No motion controller. Not exactly ideal but it’s possible.

https://youtu.be/ouzbW_cSgqg
2023-4-29
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

dronethemoment Posted at 4-29 04:37
There’s a YouTube video of someone using the goggles 2 and the Dji RC pro with it.  Very limited in the remote features but this was uploaded just a day or 2 ago and it works.  No motion controller. Not exactly ideal but it’s possible.

There can always be some primitive solutions but i believe DJI can do better to make it fully compatible. Thanks for sharing.
2023-4-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI has a controller called RC 2 I think it's called (it's the one that came with DJI FPV and DJi Avata). It's not a motion controller , but it's a regular controller with 2 sticks , but designed for FPV crafts. It is compatible with DJI FPV and DJI Avata to fly the classic way with 2 sticks, maybe DJI could make RC 2 available with Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, that would be great imho.

Take care, Mike.
2023-4-29
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

Mzp Posted at 4-29 07:07
DJI has a controller called RC 2 I think it's called (it's the one that came with DJI FPV and DJi Avata). It's not a motion controller , but it's a regular controller with 2 sticks , but designed for FPV crafts. It is compatible with DJI FPV and DJI Avata to fly the classic way with 2 sticks, maybe DJI could make RC 2 available with Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, that would be great imho.

Take care, Mike.

FPV Remote Controller 2 especially design for FPV drones. This doesn't fit with Mavic 3 sure. But already working remotes can be used easily if firmware fixed by DJI.
2023-4-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 4-29 09:10
FPV Remote Controller 2 especially design for FPV drones. This doesn't fit with Mavic 3 sure. But already working remotes can be used easily if firmware fixed by DJI.

Hi KnNLmS,

On the other hand RC Motion controller 2 had never been compatible with non FPV drones, until the recent update. It would be great if DJI could "unlock" DJI RC or DJi RC Pro to be used to fly Mavic 3 / Mini 3 while using Goggles, but having doubts they have plans on this as for that RC Pro or DJi RC would need to be the host and Goggles connected via a cable as a simple display. I would also love to be able to control the drone with RC Pro or DJI RC and using Goggles, but right now the only way is to connect Goggles via cable to the RC Pro controller and fly this way. This is why I thought that enabling at least FPV Remote Controller 2 to be used with Mavic 3 / Mini 3 would be the easiest way for DJI to fit into their concept. Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.
2023-4-29
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

Mzp Posted at 4-29 09:35
Hi KnNLmS,

On the other hand RC Motion controller 2 had never been compatible with non FPV drones, until the recent update. It would be great if DJI could "unlock" DJI RC or DJi RC Pro to be used to fly Mavic 3 / Mini 3 while using Goggles, but having doubts they have plans on this as for that RC Pro or DJi RC would need to be the host and Goggles connected via a cable as a simple display. I would also love to be able to control the drone with RC Pro or DJI RC and using Goggles, but right now the only way is to connect Goggles via cable to the RC Pro controller and fly this way. This is why I thought that enabling at least FPV Remote Controller 2 to be used with Mavic 3 / Mini 3 would be the easiest way for DJI to fit into their concept. Hope this helps.

Motion controller 2 optimized for to be able to control Mavic 3. Because of that motion controller 1 did not implement to be able to use with M3. So there seems 2 options;

1- Release FPV Controller 3
2- Update RC/RC Pro.

Option 1 doesn't seem logical, noone would like to buy another controller for sunny days and carry it as a second controller on the backpack. But Option 2 would be great for everyone.
2023-4-30
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 4-30 01:59
Motion controller 2 optimized for to be able to control Mavic 3. Because of that motion controller 1 did not implement to be able to use with M3. So there seems 2 options;

1- Release FPV Controller 3

If that's the case, I am all for to be able to control the drone with DJI RC or RC Pro , it would be great if DJI could do this for sure.
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi Mike, and KnNLmS. Thanks for sharing your valuable suggestions. We'll have them recorded and forwarded to the designated team for attention. We appreciate your continued support and interest in DJI Products. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2023-4-30
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-30 20:33
Hi Mike, and KnNLmS. Thanks for sharing your valuable suggestions. We'll have them recorded and forwarded to the designated team for attention. We appreciate your continued support and interest in DJI Products. Thank you, and have a nice day!

Thank you Tony.

Best Regards, Mike.
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mzp Posted at 5-4 06:41
Thank you Tony.

Best Regards, Mike.

You're welcome, Mike!
2023-5-6
Use props
fans2124a1b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486936 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-30 20:33

Definitely need to have the ability to use the goggles with regular controller… like an absolute must
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2124a1b5 Posted at 5-6 10:06
Definitely need to have the ability to use the goggles with regular controller… like an absolute must

Thanks for the added suggestions. This will be included and forwarded as well. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-5-8
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI is trying to sell all the Motion 2 Controllers on all of us early adopters BUT have no fear; An update will allow normal controllers at some point.  I owned the Mavic Pro in 2018 and used the og white goggles with it.  The normal controller worked perfectly.  So, knowing that, it will definitely happen.  BUT not until DJI sells some of these new controllers.  lol
2023-5-12
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I did connect the Integra with Mavic 3 and regular RC-N1.   You must turn on only the drone and RC, then take off, and finally turn on the goggles.  The video feed of the cellphone stops and appears a message of no compatility.   But I flew 2km with excelent video image and no interference at all.  The problem is that you CANN'T start/stop recording, nor take photos.   

I saw this tutorial (not with Integra but with DJI Goggles 2) and the guy has video feed in both goggles and RC-Pro.  So I am woundering that it works well with Goggles 2.  

But why did DJI not release this function to allow us fly with regular RC ?  
- Do they want to force us to buy this motion 2 thing ?
- Will they block this workaround in futures firmware ?
2023-5-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

EmilioCid Posted at 5-19 12:36
I did connect the Integra with Mavic 3 and regular RC-N1.   You must turn on only the drone and RC, then take off, and finally turn on the goggles.  The video feed of the cellphone stops and appears a message of no compatility.   But I flew 2km with excelent video image and no interference at all.  The problem is that you CANN'T start/stop recording, nor take photos.   

I saw this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGP-iNLa8S8&t=807s (not with Integra but with DJI Goggles 2) and the guy has video feed in both goggles and RC-Pro.  So I am woundering that it works well with Goggles 2.  

dji is a professional organization; they're not going to release this function that doesn't work smoothly, doesn't work all the time, and takes a million steps to complete.  and to be honest, in my opinion, the attached video tutorial (section testing and until the end) does a horrible job of explaining.  he really should re-record it without all the errors and issues.  give dji time to sort it out and release it when it won't crash your drone if it screws up.  consider dji did us a favor and released this when only the mc2 works well and didn't wait until both mc2 and rc works well.

anyway, dji doesn't care if you buy the mc2. they make very little money overall selling them as an accessory compared to what they make elsewhere.  they include mc2 inside their kits probably 1000 to 1 vs what people buy at dji.com.  anyone at dji who thinks they should block a drone function trying to increase an accessories sale is not very smart; nobody would do that.  to be honest, not often does dji block anything.  i cant remember the last time we enjoyed something good and dji confirmed took it away in future sw but then again, i havent been dji for very long.
2023-5-19
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please DJI, half the way is gone, the compatibility of the Goggles 2 with the Mavic 3 is awesome. Now I need the professional solution for controlling the drone: with sticks!
I will travel to the Alps in late september and will take the Mavic 3 with me to do some awesome footage of our sports cars driving the serpentines. Right now I am limited to the RC Pro, because the Motion Controller 2 is nice but not a good way to control an expensive drone in tricky environment like the mountains.

PLEASE (with sugar on top) put the stick controllers in the game!
2023-5-21
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

SeehawerB Posted at 5-21 01:08
Please DJI, half the way is gone, the compatibility of the Goggles 2 with the Mavic 3 is awesome. Now I need the professional solution for controlling the drone: with sticks!
I will travel to the Alps in late september and will take the Mavic 3 with me to do some awesome footage of our sports cars driving the serpentines. Right now I am limited to the RC Pro, because the Motion Controller 2 is nice but not a good way to control an expensive drone in tricky environment like the mountains.

I strongly believe DJI will release a fix for that soon or completely block the control which is working in some way (shut down glasses, fly via remote, run the glasses).

We'll see.
2023-5-22
Use props
MAVIC BO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3830807 ft
  • >>>
United States

MAVIC 3 WITH goggles WITHOUT motion controller. COME ON DJI! We NEED to fly mavic 3 classic and Pro with the damn goggles! NO MOTION CONTROLLER!
2023-5-27
Use props
fans97881503
lvl.1
Czechia

I just bought Goggles Integra for my Mavic 3 and this incompatibility surprised me, because it's not mentioned anywhere clearly enough, that I actually have to use motion controller 2. I always see "compatible with Goggles Integra and Motion controller 2", there really should be "but only with Motion Controller 2".
However I didn't know until I bought, tried, updated, activated and finally got into a state where RC Pro is showing black screen with warning and goggles are showing the camera view again with warning about incompatibility.
FYI: With RC Pro you can still fully control the camera movement and zoom, you can start making video, you can take pictures, you have all the telemetry data. It's basically fully functional with one small catch that you can't start the motors. It is however otherwise working together very well and it looks like this pairing is just one update away.

So this "hack" when you get into the air first and then turn on the goggles seems to be a relatively safe way to go around this restriction for now. It almost feels like beta testing at your own risk.. Because otherwise I think you can appreciate my frustration after buying brand new goggles and finding out they are basically just paper weight, because of course they are not working with my DJI FPV either... damn.
2023-5-30
Use props
Salty Sea
lvl.1

United States

fans97881503 Posted at 5-30 10:28
I just bought Goggles Integra for my Mavic 3 and this incompatibility surprised me, because it's not mentioned anywhere clearly enough, that I actually have to use motion controller 2. I always see "compatible with Goggles Integra and Motion controller 2", there really should be "but only with Motion Controller 2".
However I didn't know until I bought, tried, updated, activated and finally got into a state where RC Pro is showing black screen with warning and goggles are showing the camera view again with warning about incompatibility.
FYI: With RC Pro you can still fully control the camera movement and zoom, you can start making video, you can take pictures, you have all the telemetry data. It's basically fully functional with one small catch that you can't start the motors. It is however otherwise working together very well and it looks like this pairing is just one update away.

The "hack" does work well on the DJI RC as well with both the Mavic 3 Classic and the Mini 3 Pro.  Obviously when you Beta Test like this you do so at your own risk but I have flown  for over a month in this configuration to test it out.  Where I fly it is super bright and sunny out a lot of the time and I am trying to locate wildlife swimming in the ocean.  Goggles is the best way to solve for these issues.  I really hope they do put out official support for it.  I typically start and stop recording or taking pictures from the joystick on the Goggles Integra.  I also adjust all the camera settings once I am in the goggles.  I always have another person with me to help watch for aircraft etc.  I look forward to when it is fully supported officially. . I can say there are a few kinks in it currently but if you go into it with the mindset that it is a beta situation...then you are prepared for that scenario and you take extra care with everything.  I have tested the return to home multiple times to ensure I know it will act as expected.  The fail safe return to home is full functional.  Oh, as I side note, I'm that guy who always loads the Developer Beta of Apple software on all my stuff the day it comes out too so this is right up my alley.  All of my initial testing was done in a safe, open, unhindered space with little risk to anything but my drone(s).  I am not suggesting that everyone try it but it meets my needs to get the footage I have been wanting to be able to capture for years.
2023-6-9
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

Mavic 3 support was very nice move, but need it to be completed. No response still while everybody asking for that...
2023-6-15
Use props
Gabriel.83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11086 ft
Algeria

Goog morning to everybody
there are some updateds regarding the full comptibilty between the Mavic 3 series and the Goggles 2 + RC N1 and RC pro?
2023-7-5
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

Gabriel.83 Posted at 7-5 10:05
Goog morning to everybody
there are some updateds regarding the full comptibilty between the Mavic 3 series and the Goggles 2 + RC N1 and RC pro?

There is no update as fas as i know.
2023-7-5
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI should note the 100% concurrence on option 2.
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 7-12 00:00
DJI should note the 100% concurrence on option 2.

i dont think you are able to vote for more than one option.  i believe dji should also think about releasing a low cost remote (similar to rc2) so let's call it rc3 so you don't have to worry about the screen taking away from the bandwidth to the goggles, battery life, etc.  i know we love to use equipment that we already have but one day, it's gotta give.  rc3 would be perfect not only for this application but also for the entire dji fpv lineup.
2023-7-12
Use props
MichaelHudson
New
Flight distance : 899 ft
Brazil

dronethemoment Posted at 4-29 04:37

Seria uma excelente opção para quem já tem o DJI Mini 3 Pro usar o Goggles 2/integra...
2023-7-13
Use props
BlackAven
New
Canada

Reviving this thread because I just ordered the goggles standalone and am now finding out I'm going to have difficulties flying my Mini 3 Pro with the RC and the goggles. DJI please fix this asap. I want to fly with a normal controller while wearing the goggles.
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BlackAven Posted at 7-25 21:24
Reviving this thread because I just ordered the goggles standalone and am now finding out I'm going to have difficulties flying my Mini 3 Pro with the RC and the goggles. DJI please fix this asap. I want to fly with a normal controller while wearing the goggles.

Hi there BlackAven. Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured this request has already been raised to our designated team. In the meantime, please check the latest DJI news and updates from the DJI official website at dji.com. We appreciate your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I got the goggles to have a better perspective flying up to rock walls for evaluation as a geologist. It does work better than starting at the tiny screen, or even using a much larger display, like my iPad Pro. The problem with the motion controller 2 is fine control. Using the sticks on the RC work much better to finely control the drones position and also having it hover stationary while I look at the formation via the goggles. It would be. perfect as it stands at the moment, if the silly warning would go away. I usually prefer to transit to and from what I am interested in via the RC or RC Pro, as the perspective for approach and landing is better without the goggles. I just wish it worked on the Mavic 3 Enterprise Thermal as well. One could really use the ability of close inspection with that system. Even the hamstrung version as it sits now.
2023-7-31
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-31 12:45
There is no need for a special remote to use with the Goggles 2/Integra.  DJI just needs to open the system up so you can use the stock controller while using the Goggles 2/Integra.  Clearly this is already feasible since you can use the workaround to do it, albeit you only get video on the Goggles & not on your RC display or device.  The original DJI Goggles always allowed using the original RC, with active display on both devices.  In fact, with drones like the Mavic/Mavic 2, you could pair two RCs & two pair of goggles, all with active displays.

Hi DB. Agree with you, it would be nice to be able to use the regular DJI RC / DJI RC Pro with the Goggles,
especially being able to select HLG color profile on RC Pro as Goggles I think only supports normal color and also being able to fly the drone the "classic" way with 2 sticks.
2023-8-1
Use props
kahu
lvl.1
New Zealand

Yes, a firmware update linking the Remote Controller and Goggle_2 would be a high signal gain and also connecting via USB would eliminate the antennae and wireless pairing.
2023-9-5
Use props
MAVIC BO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3830807 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI NEEDS TO make goggles Integra work THE SAME WAY the original goggles worked Magic 2!!! Seeing thru goggles AND DJI RC BOTH at same time! You can't do waypoints or time lapse the way it is now! I spent $2500 damn dollars, MAKE IT WORK DJI!!  Wish they didn't have such a MONOPOLY cuz someone ELSE WOULD do it and I'd say GOODBYE DJI!!
2023-10-2
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

As far as i know, DJI lost their engineers because of corruption and they fired the brain team. So they started to a new journey with DJI Fly and related quadcopters. They almost catch the previous devices and software quality yet.

This is another one which they didn't understand the necessarity yet. I hope they can understand the point and do it whatever they did already soon.

It is that much easy; Please let Mavic 3 work with "DJI RC/RC PRO and goggles", instead of "motion controller 2 and goggles". That's it.

2023-10-3
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 5-8 01:06
Thanks for the added suggestions. This will be included and forwarded as well. Thanks for your continued support.

Tony,

I fly with the RC Pro, my Mavic 3 and my Mavic 3 Pro and Goggles all the time.

It may be worth while pointing out from DJI that the RC Pro has a HDMI output that works great with the DJI Goggles RE and even the original white Mavic Pro goggles.

You just don't get the head tracking that they support. And as a bonus you get the full range of the RC Pro with the goggles.

2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 10-3 06:43
Tony,

I fly with the RC Pro, my Mavic 3 and my Mavic 3 Pro and Goggles all the time.

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-3
Use props
fansab19e0df
New

Ireland

Dji Tony, any update to allow compatibility for mavic 3 , dji rc and integra goggles? . Most of us do not want or like the motion controller. Just the same functionality as offered with white goggles and mavic 2 . Or just video to the goggles as woks when binded. We need an update asap !!!
1-18 12:21
Use props
fansab19e0df
New

Ireland

Check with the team and report back with proper update with date and time for fix. Thank you
1-18 12:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules