928 9 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Folks / DJI,

I was flying yesterday with the new firmware and I noticed that the second tele 7x camera on Mavic 3 now supports 4k 50fps (if I am not mistaken before latest firmware update it was limited to 4k 30fps). Just wanted to share this with everyone as it seems a nice welcomed update. Also wanted to ask if you guys use ND filters for tele 7x camera. I have I think Freewell ND with CPL that I mostly use here around the ocean and it's a ND filter covering both main and tele cameras and I am noticing that it's dimming tele camera too much when it's fine for the main camera and while I can shoot with ISO 100 on the main camera , the tele camera goes up to ISO 1000 with the same ND filter strength. That makes me wonder if maybe tele camera maybe needs a lesser strength ND filter than the main camera. Just wanted to ask around how other folks are handling this.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

P.S. I film with shutter speed double the frame rate, i.e. if filming with 50fps, shutter speed is 100.

2023-4-29
Use props
HankStank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3525850 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hey MIke, Thanks for the heads up! I'll check this out for sure!

For filters i am using the Freewell Split filters. They work great as the 7x filter is not as dark as the lower camera filter.

"The three f-stop strength difference between the two cameras allows the telephoto camera has more light with Split-nd."

https://www.freewellgear.com/dji ... lit-nd-filters.html
2023-4-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HankStank Posted at 4-29 08:56

For filters i am using the Freewell Split filters. They work great as the 7x filter is not as dark as the lower camera filter.

Thanks a lot HankStank, this is exactly what I need, I will also buy this set now!

Thanks again , Mike.
2023-4-29
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

HankStank Posted at 4-29 08:56

Great finding...
Too bad DJI did not think...
Also at Mavic 3 PRO, same issue, same disaster )))
2023-5-2
Use props
HankStank
lvl.3
  • >>>
Thailand

I bought them before i even received my drone. I watched this vid and it made all sense.

PS. I have a set of original DJI Mavic3 filters up for sale haha
2023-5-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-2 04:18
Great finding...
Too bad DJI did not think...
Also at Mavic 3 PRO, same issue, same disaster )))

Hi Geo,

The ND filter that DJI makes for Mavic 3 Pro actually has a lesser strength ND filter for x7 tele camera with smaller aperture. I asked about this on Mavic 3 Pro forum and was confirmed this is the case.

Take care, Mike.
2023-5-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HankStank Posted at 5-2 08:39
I bought them before i even received my drone. I watched this vid and it made all sense.
https://youtu.be/iPJpBSNWmm8

That's a good set for sure. I use it as well now, thank you for this suggestion. The only thing I miss is the CPL part for sunny days and shooting of the water, but I have a separate ND CPL filter that I use for that.

Take care, Mike.
2023-5-2
Use props
HankStank
lvl.3
  • >>>
Thailand

Mzp Posted at 5-2 12:39
Hi Geo,

The ND filter that DJI makes for Mavic 3 Pro actually has a lesser strength ND filter for x7 tele camera with smaller aperture. I asked about this on Mavic 3 Pro forum and was confirmed this is the case.

I tend to disagree somewhat. To me the 2 filters look to be the same strength on the original Mavics!And if so, would DJI/ Hasselblad not mark the filters as Freewell have done? ND8/ND64?

filters (1).jpeg
filters (3).jpeg
filters (2).jpeg
2023-5-2
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Mzp Posted at 5-2 12:39
Hi Geo,

The ND filter that DJI makes for Mavic 3 Pro actually has a lesser strength ND filter for x7 tele camera with smaller aperture. I asked about this on Mavic 3 Pro forum and was confirmed this is the case.

That will be great for future Mavic 3 Pro owners.
I think I remain at my Mavic 3...waiting for Autel MaxN.
2023-5-3
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HankStank Posted at 5-2 21:02
I tend to disagree somewhat. To me the 2 filters look to be the same strength on the original Mavics!And if so, would DJI/ Hasselblad not mark the filters as Freewell have done? ND8/ND64?
[view_image]

Hi HankStank,

I was talking about Mavic 3 Pro filters that DJI makes, not the Mavic 3 filters. For Mavic 3 Pro 3 camera setup, DJI makes a lesser strength ND filter for x7 tele lens. It was confirmed on Mavic 3 Pro forum. I will try to find a link for it. This one: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=289587

Take care, Mike.
2023-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules