CAMERA PROBLEM AT LOW LIGHTING CONDITIONS
1096 21 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171250 ft
Greece

There is a lot versions before DJI Fly v1.10.1(1005-official) that i have the following isuue:
When i try to make a video footage in low lighting conditions, such as night, i can't set the EV section. It's not responding at all. When i tried this on a daylight the EV was responding. Does anyone knows why is that happening?

Is it a bug maybe of the app or drone firmware?
Thanks in advance

2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Do you mean you can not adjust the settings or the EV settings does not make any differences?
When i try to make a video footage in low lighting conditions, such as night, i can't set the EV section. It's not responding at all.
2023-4-30
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-30 02:13
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Do you mean you can not adjust the settings or the EV settings does not make any differences?
When i try to make a video footage in low lighting conditions, such as night, i can't set the EV section. It's not responding at all.

Exactly! It doesn't respond!
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 4-30 02:26
Exactly! It doesn't respond!

Sorry but the former scenario or the latter?
2023-4-30
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-30 02:56
Sorry but the former scenario or the latter?

All the settings. I changed the ISO and the EV and there was no difference.
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 4-30 04:45
All the settings. I changed the ISO and the EV and there was no difference.

Did you check the information of pictures and videos?  Are they the same even with different settings?
Would you please give us some videos or pictures to have a look?
2023-5-1
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-1 03:18
Did you check the information of pictures and videos?  Are they the same even with different settings?
Would you please give us some videos or pictures to have a look?

I will try to make a screen recording and send it to you.

2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 5-1 07:45
I will try to make a screen recording and send it to you.

Thank you in advance.
2023-5-2
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-2 07:00
Thank you in advance.

Finally i did it to make a screen recording with this problem. Below youu can find the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=drive_link
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 6-10 00:27
Finally i did it to make a screen recording with this problem. Below youu can find the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRaYWjrgamV2FGqaM509yDfYb6sO9Kyo/view?usp=drive_link

Sorry for the late response. Would you please open the authority to all? I can not access the link.
2023-6-11
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-11 04:12
Sorry for the late response. Would you please open the authority to all? I can not access the link.

Sorry for that! I just did it!
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 6-11 04:42

Thank you so much. I am consulting with our engineers. We will update here if I get the response.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 6-11 04:42

We confirm this issue with our engineers. Here is the response:
To ensure normal operation of metering and a series of functions related to brightness, the brightness of the camera view is different from actual capturing or recording brightness. Due to limitations in frame rate, the setting range of shutter time in Video mode is limited so that EV adjustment only depends on ISO adjustment. In addition, given poor lighting conditions at night, the camera view’s brightness adjustment will not be so obvious as in the daytime. In reality, exposure change does happen on the original photos or videos.
2023-6-12
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-12 06:02
We confirm this issue with our engineers. Here is the response:
To ensure normal operation of metering and a series of functions related to brightness, the brightness of the camera view is different from actual capturing or recording brightness. Due to limitations in frame rate, the setting range of shutter time in Video mode is limited so that EV adjustment only depends on ISO adjustment. In addition, given poor lighting conditions at night, the camera view’s brightness adjustment will not be so obvious as in the daytime. In reality, exposure change does happen on the original photos or videos.

Thanks for your response! Will this fixed in any of the next updates?
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 6-12 10:13
Thanks for your response! Will this fixed in any of the next updates?

Sorry for the inconvenience. We confirmed with our engineers. It is a normal phenomenon and the reason we have explained above. Kindly understand that.
2023-6-14
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-14 01:55
Sorry for the inconvenience. We confirmed with our engineers. It is a normal phenomenon and the reason we have explained above. Kindly understand that.
Sorry but i can't! It cost me a lot to have that drone! I can have night photos but i can't have videos! Do you refer it somewhere on your site?  No! So you have to give me some money back for misinformation  because the drone doesn't do the full job.
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Socrates Gi Posted at 6-14 02:22
Sorry but i can't! It cost me a lot to have that drone! I can have night photos but i can't have videos! Do you refer it somewhere on your site?  No! So you have to give me some money back for misinformation  because the drone doesn't do the full job.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward your advice to our engineers for evaluation.
2023-6-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Socrates Gi Posted at 6-14 02:22
Sorry but i can't! It cost me a lot to have that drone! I can have night photos but i can't have videos! Do you refer it somewhere on your site?  No! So you have to give me some money back for misinformation  because the drone doesn't do the full job.

So you have to give me some money back for misinformation  because the drone doesn't do the full job.
No ... you've not understood what you were told.
You are expecting more than the camera can do because your understanding of basic video concepts is very poor.
2023-6-25
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

Labroides Posted at 6-25 21:36
So you have to give me some money back for misinformation  because the drone doesn't do the full job.
No ... you've not understood what you were told.
You are expecting more than the camera can do because your understanding of basic video concepts is very poor.

Really? So why they give me the option to change the ISO and the EV, if the camera can't do that in video mode?
When a product can't do something you don't have to give the option to the customer.
2023-6-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Socrates Gi Posted at 6-26 07:59
Really? So why they give me the option to change the ISO and the EV, if the camera can't do that in video mode?
When a product can't do something you don't have to give the option to the customer.

As I suggested, you are way out of your depth when it comes to basic video concepts.
There's a limit to what's possible when the light levels are too low.
2023-6-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Have a look at this video:

2023-6-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft