4719 9 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soerenb
New
Flight distance : 30472 ft
Germany

Hey Guys from DJI,
your doing a great job taking 360 spherical panoramas to a new level using the DJI Drones.
I'm a owner of the Mini 3 Pro and the stitched JPG's are looking extremely well but there is quite a big problem;
the DNG files! Stitching those files is a mess with tools from the NET! It would be Awesome if you gave us users a tool or the possibilty to import and stitch the finally edited
DNG (or maybe only exported JPG's) to a panoramic image.
You have the perfect algorithm already! Let us users make use of it when we decide taking RAW images from the drones, which is obviously a thing most creatives do.

Best regards,
Soeren
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Soeren. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with DNG files. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What software are you using to stitch as there are quite a few people here that are manually stitching them with great success,   and there was a guide or two in the Tutorials section.
2023-4-30
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

My favourite panorama stitch tool is PTGUI : https://ptgui.com/
It can read RAW and DNG files, but is not free. You can download a trial version to see if you like it.

2023-4-30
Use props
soerenb
New
Flight distance : 30472 ft
Germany

Actually I‘m now on PTGui and it‘s a great tool but the pro version is (for me) a quite big Investment. I will use it as long as my trial period is still active.

I know there are tools but wouldnt it be much easier for users to use it’s existing algorithm for stitching those panos afterwards via App or just a little code tool? Because it‘s there!
I would code it myself (take the stitched DJI Image as a base and apply the dng‘s „on top“) but i cant.
2023-4-30
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

Another alternative is the well regarded Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor), which is free. It can read RAW-files, and has lots of advanced features:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/

I have not tried it myself, but as mentioned it is regarded as one of the best stitching tools. You can download it here:
https://www.downloadcrew.com/art ... osite_editor_64-bit
Microsoft has stopped developing it, but this the latest version 2.0.3
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_fyOwzcDECuwa
New
Flight distance : 13996 ft
United Kingdom

Totally agree, why have the ability to capture DNG (RAW) files, but then no ability to stitch anything other than the JPEGs. Anyone "Pro" in photography will want the level of control the DNG provides. The stitching on the JPEGs is excellent for 360s, colour / exposure control is then rubbish - as you'd expect. Come on DJI - give us the tools!
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_fyOwzcDECuwa
New
Flight distance : 13996 ft
United Kingdom

soerenb Posted at 4-30 01:59
Actually I‘m now on PTGui and it‘s a great tool but the pro version is (for me) a quite big Investment. I will use it as long as my trial period is still active.

I know there are tools but wouldnt it be much easier for users to use it’s existing algorithm for stitching those panos afterwards via App or just a little code tool? Because it‘s there!

I'm using the PTGui Pro version, and it really struggles with the DNGs from the DJI Mini 3 Pro.

Obviously the DJI software knows the sequence and angle of the capture which gives it a huge head start over 3rd party apps. I'm getting obvious seams, missing segments of image etc. It can be fixed with lots of work in Photoshop 3D (although now being discontinued) but why oh why is it not built into the DJI software?
2023-7-24
Use props
Luggruff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147684 ft
Greece

Here to revive this thread. I am using PTGUi but on many spherical panoramas, it is impossible to see which picture should go where due to clear blue skies or water. The drone always takes pictures in the same sequence, so something should be available for the stitching. Maybe DJI could release a Photoshop action or something for repeatability?
2023-10-9
Use props
djiuser_g0aNrGwWK4Ak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 819514 ft
Canada

still waiting on DJI to offer a software which can edit its own DNG panoramas...Seems like a missed opportunity to leave a 3rd party player (PTGUI) as the only viable option at over $350.
4-9 11:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules