Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Home Point 'H' Display no long shows on Avata goggles
1943 16 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eFynreofBUj0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71247 ft
United States

This is my first post.  I have just added the new hand controller 2 to my communications with my dji avata and goggles 2.  I am perplexed on how to get the home point to appear on my viewer after updating the firmware to the latest version as of April 29th, 2023.  I have home point view still selected in the display options and camera view on.  I am requesting exactly what goggle settings allow the 'H' to reappear .  Everything worked earlier.  I cannot fly far without the 'H' in my viewer.  This feedback is appreciated.  Who else has lost the 'H' icon in their goggle view after it was originally working?  Thank you.
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you be able to screen record the image in the DJI Goggles 2 for us?
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_FE4WTGnGoPGs
New

United States

Any luck? I lost the H too
2023-5-21
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Hva you checked the box to displaye home position in the settings?
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_gbjzS8p64x8v
lvl.2

United States

There is a setting under display on the googles to turn on the home point feature in the display.
2023-7-26
Use props
Chris1801
New

United States

I got a new Avata a few days ago. All firmware is latest. First few flights the Home Point was visible in the goggles. Now I don't have a home point even though the GPS shows a value of 29. I checked the display settings to ensure the Home Point was selected.

Any suggestions?
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Chris1801 Posted at 8-10 20:57
I got a new Avata a few days ago. All firmware is latest. First few flights the Home Point was visible in the goggles. Now I don't have a home point even though the GPS shows a value of 29. I checked the display settings to ensure the Home Point was selected.

Any suggestions?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us a screen recording showing the Goggles live feed so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-25
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Chris1801 Posted at 8-10 20:57

Any suggestions?

how far away from the home point did you go?

i flew my avata a couple of times last week and i noticed that the H on the goggles only appears when you are a bit away from the home-point.
I i remember correctly, around 15 meters?
I'll check my recordings.

closer and the H would disappear.
2023-8-28
Use props
rruiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6322 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hello. Same here no H
2023-11-19
Use props
rruiz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Hello all.

I saw that the issue is that de dji Avata takes arround 3 to 4 minutes to detect and stablish the home point position. Meanwhile this happen, there is no H on the screen
2023-11-20
Use props
rruiz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

rruiz Posted at 11-20 17:37
Hello all.

I saw that the issue is that de dji Avata takes arround 3 to 4 minutes to detect and stablish the home point position. Meanwhile this happen, there is no H on the screen

Hello to all
Some news? Someone knows why it takes so much time to register home position ?

Regsrds
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rruiz Posted at 12-15 18:07
Hello to all
Some news? Someone knows why it takes so much time to register home position ?

Hi, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. Make sure to have a strong GPS signal and the flight environment has no interference. Please try the following suggestions:

> Change location into an open area with strong GPS signals.
> Firmware update
> Calibrate the compass.

Kindly keep us posted on the latest information. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-16
Use props
rruiz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Thanks
I did all what you said, and still issues

I can´t have a strong GPS signal since I am at the city in order to create content

Roberto
2023-12-24
Use props
djiuser_eFynreofBUj0
lvl.1
United States

I am the original poster for this thread.  My apologies for a delayed response.  I have since upgraded my Android phone to an S24 ultra.  I want to rule out my old S9+ as being related to the issue.  The attached photos are my current versions, the update of home point and making sure the home point view is on.  The last photo is the review of where I marked the home point.  I had used to seeing an [H with an arrow] pointing to the location that I had marked.  I am unable to get this back.  Please advise.  Thank you.
Screenshot_20240307_171902.jpg
Screenshot_20240307_171529.jpg
Screenshot_20240307_171409.jpg
Screenshot_20240307_171325.jpg
Screenshot_20240307_171300.jpg
3-7 15:51
Use props
fansf240c01f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

djiuser_eFynreofBUj0 Posted at 3-7 15:51
I am the original poster for this thread.  My apologies for a delayed response.  I have since upgraded my Android phone to an S24 ultra.  I want to rule out my old S9+ as being related to the issue.  The attached photos are my current versions, the update of home point and making sure the home point view is on.  The last photo is the review of where I marked the home point.  I had used to seeing an [H with an arrow] pointing to the location that I had marked.  I am unable to get this back.  Please advise.  Thank you.

As BadBert mentioned....the 'H' for the home point will not appear unless the Avata is at least 15 meters (50 feet) away from the home point.
3-7 16:41
Use props
djiuser_eFynreofBUj0
lvl.1
United States

fansf240c01f Posted at 3-7 16:41
As BadBert mentioned....the 'H' for the home point will not appear unless the Avata is at least 15 meters (50 feet) away from the home point.

Non sequiter to the original funtionality.  This functionality works with the H immediately appearing after takeoff.  I have no H appearing even 50 to 100 feet away.  This is a genuine issue and the original functionality needs to be restored.
3-7 18:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_eFynreofBUj0 Posted at 3-7 15:51
I am the original poster for this thread.  My apologies for a delayed response.  I have since upgraded my Android phone to an S24 ultra.  I want to rule out my old S9+ as being related to the issue.  The attached photos are my current versions, the update of home point and making sure the home point view is on.  The last photo is the review of where I marked the home point.  I had used to seeing an [H with an arrow] pointing to the location that I had marked.  I am unable to get this back.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Hi there. Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the trouble. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the DJI Avata, and the DJI Goggles 2 then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted with the result. We appreciate your cooperation.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
3-8 03:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules