851 15 2023-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OllyP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65348 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

So, for several years I flew model helicopters and enjoyed it but as life progressed I found less and less time to spend at the heli club so I stopped. Back in December, I got hold of the mini 3 pro and last week took it with me to Italy on a quick escape with the wife and managed to grab a couple of flights. Thoroughly enjoyed it but have so much to learn and practise with regards to flight craft. Prior to this trip, I'd only managed a few familiarisation flights but after the trip, I see why this is rated so highly for travel...it's pretty rock solid in all scenarios so far.

One thing I still struggle with is gimal control - I always see to move too fast. Will try tuning it down a bit more in the controller. Oh and grading, exposure, composition...

Thanks for looking!
2023-4-30
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Damn. That's some nice stuff, there.   When you are circling around some objects, do you use mastershots or just doing it manually?
2023-4-30
Use props
OllyP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Zoooom Posted at 4-30 07:18
Damn. That's some nice stuff, there.   When you are circling around some objects, do you use mastershots or just doing it manually?

Thanks!

The whole flight was manual, I’ve not quite reached the comfort zone of letting go
2023-4-30
Use props
OllyP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Zoooom Posted at 4-30 07:18

Thanks!

The whole flight was manual, I’ve not quite reached the comfort zone of letting go
2023-4-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spectacular results. Great work.
2023-4-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

agreed that is truly a beautiful video (in a beautiful place); well done!  hate to see what something like a mavic 3 you can do with.  obviously not your first time with post production, right?

you did well manually.  everybody wants it (mastershots, waypoints, etc) but i see very few super nice videos that actually use it.  with these advanced drones today, for recreational use....you don't need it.
2023-4-30
Use props
OllyP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 4-30 11:29
agreed that is truly a beautiful video (in a beautiful place); well done!  hate to see what something like a mavic 3 you can do with.  obviously not your first time with post production, right?

you did well manually.  everybody wants it (mastershots, waypoints, etc) but i see very few super nice videos that actually use it.  with these advanced drones today, for recreational use....you don't need it.

Thank you!  This was my first time grading a video. I made a short GoPro video forever ago of my kids on holiday but I just used the Quik app that came with the camera.

To grade this I just hit up a load of YouTube videos (my dirty secret). I read loads about LUTS but that just added to my confusion as I just didn’t get where they sit in the whole process so I stuck to manually processing it in Resolve.

I did try to be methodical with my workflow but ultimately ended up doing stuff all over the place…grading was so much harder than I thought it would be.
2023-4-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

OllyP Posted at 4-30 11:42
Thank you!  This was my first time grading a video. I made a short GoPro video forever ago of my kids on holiday but I just used the Quik app that came with the camera.

To grade this I just hit up a load of YouTube videos (my dirty secret). I read loads about LUTS but that just added to my confusion as I just didn’t get where they sit in the whole process so I stuck to manually processing it in Resolve.

i think you made the right choice sticking with davinci resolve, in the long run it will pay off.  you can get help here just like with all the drone stuff, the post production forum is full of experts:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=805

looking at your video, you don't need a lot of help to get started because it is edited so very very well but personally, i recommend casey if you want to take a look:  
2023-4-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely beautiful views.    Excellent work.
2023-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2023-5-6
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

Beautiful!
2023-5-6
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

OllyP Posted at 4-30 11:42
Thank you!  This was my first time grading a video. I made a short GoPro video forever ago of my kids on holiday but I just used the Quik app that came with the camera.

If you have been flying helis before, the MIni 3 Pro will feel like a walk in the park... These things fly themselves, compare to helis...

Very nice video...
2023-5-6
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921604 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very nicely made. Thanks for sharing.
2023-5-7
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Great video of some spectacular footage. Really well done and so smooth. Thanks for sharing
2023-5-7
Use props
OllyP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone...really appreciate the love!
2023-5-9
Use props
acepaul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14757 ft
United States

Looks great! You could spend a solid week compiling footage of that spot.
2023-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules