How to connect DJI controller to PC?
1004 0 2023-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redfabricius
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hello, I need a little help for a beginner. I bought a DJI Mini 2 SE with the RC231 remote controller. I was able to easily connect the drone to the controller and get the drone's image on my tablet, but I haven't flown it yet - I lack the skills. To gain these skills, I purchased a flight simulator on my PC, but I'm having a problem - no matter which PC I connect my controller to, the PC doesn't recognize it.

Initially, I tried to do this on Ubuntu 20, and the controller doesn't show up in the jstest-gtk device list or anywhere else. Only lsusb gives some results (when connected via the bottom port of controller):

Bus 003 Device 015: ID 2ca3:1020 DJI C5

However, Steam and ls /dev/input/ on this Ubuntu system do not detect the controller. I connected it using a USB Type-C cable through the bottom (and then, for testing, the top) port - the device only charges and is displayed as shown above. I tried different cables and ports, turned the PC and controller on and off - it didn't help.

To test it, I tried to work through Windows 10 - DJI Assistant 2 detects the controller when connected through the bottom port of the controller and USB Type-C (the connected devices list displays DJI RC-N1 with the current version of the software), but Steam still ignores it.

On both Ubuntu and Windows, the simulator (FPV Freerider in both cases) and DJIFlightSimulator installed for testing do not detect the controller.

Can someone suggest how to solve the problem of connecting the controller to the PC? I would be grateful for any advice, either for Ubuntu or Windows.

2023-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules