Transfer of Mavic 3 waypoint files from iPad to RC-Pro controller
1918 12 2023-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jh_senator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212388 ft
Germany

I have a DJI Mavic 3 with RC-Pro controller. Entering waypoints on the small screen of the RC-Pro is very error-prone and frustrating. Is there any software I can use to enter waypoints on a desktop computer or iPad and then transfer them to the RC-Pro controller? Or is there a way to transfer the waypoint files to the RC-Pro controller from the DJI Fly app on the iPad?
2023-4-30
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love this option also. It sounds like something the Dji cloud would handle like you upload your flights after flying.
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. There is currently no official method of using third-party software to enter the waypoints and transfer them to the DJI RC Pro. Moreover, Waypoints flight missions cannot be exported and uploaded to the server, and can only be called from the DJI Fly app on the mobile device where the missions are saved. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We'll have your feedback forwarded to the related team for attention. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-5-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 5-1 21:00
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. There is currently no official method of using third-party software to enter the waypoints and transfer them to the DJI RC Pro. Moreover, Waypoints flight missions cannot be exported and uploaded to the server, and can only be called from the DJI Fly app on the mobile device where the missions are saved. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We'll have your feedback forwarded to the related team for attention. Thanks for your continued support.

A supplement that has been awaited for a very long time and has been mentioned thousands of times...!   
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 5-1 22:08
A supplement that has been awaited for a very long time and has been mentioned thousands of times...!

We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-5-2
Use props
hmcFxz1u1go7
lvl.1

United States

Can anybody help??  I was told by DJI phone support that there is no way to transfer waypoint path files from one RC/Drone to another one. This is extremely important if I am to use this feature for any serious projects or client assignments. I cannot rely on a multi-year waypoint mission if there is a chance the RC/drone is lost, stolen, or broken. Not to mention, it would help if you had a partner that could return to the jobsite with their drone to fly the same path when you can't be there. Has anybody done this successfully? This needs an update!
2023-12-18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

hmcFxz1u1go7 Posted at 12-18 11:30
Can anybody help??  I was told by DJI phone support that there is no way to transfer waypoint path files from one RC/Drone to another one. This is extremely important if I am to use this feature for any serious projects or client assignments. I cannot rely on a multi-year waypoint mission if there is a chance the RC/drone is lost, stolen, or broken. Not to mention, it would help if you had a partner that could return to the jobsite with their drone to fly the same path when you can't be there. Has anybody done this successfully? This needs an update!

Having this feature would start to blur the line between consumer and Enterprise products. Yes, it could be easily implemented by DJI no doubt. Their current marketing strategy won't allow it. I don't agree with it either so don't shoot the messenger.
2023-12-18
Use props
djiuser_eQBM9LNLhIJa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37464 ft
United States

I agree, DJI support on this is feature very disappointing, actually unacceptable.  I have new Pro Rc and I cant move way points from clients shoots to the new controller from my RC 2. Unbelievable,
1-16 17:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_eQBM9LNLhIJa Posted at 1-16 17:31
I agree, DJI support on this is feature very disappointing, actually unacceptable.  I have new Pro Rc and I cant move way points from clients shoots to the new controller from my RC 2. Unbelievable,

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the flight route mission is saved in the DJI Fly. There is no Transfer or Backup function. If you change to another mobile device or RC controller, the previous flight route mission cannot be used. We will continue to gather such feedback to reach our designated team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
1-16 19:52
Use props
djiuser_eQBM9LNLhIJa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37464 ft
United States

stop gathering info and put a work order in to have this feature added.  This should be an obvious step in work professional features and work flow when upgrading to top of the line DJI control.  Hello..
1-17 15:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_eQBM9LNLhIJa Posted at 1-17 15:19
stop gathering info and put a work order in to have this feature added.  This should be an obvious step in work professional features and work flow when upgrading to top of the line DJI control.  Hello..

Thank you for expressing your feedback regarding this matter. Rest assured that we constantly forwarding relative requests regarding this matter.
1-18 23:45
Use props
SpheredCazual
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1145 ft
Netherlands

have alook at this https://www.waypointmap.com/ maybe of use to you
2-22 07:38
Use props
Kjetil W 9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15050056 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I wonder exactly the same thing? We currently have three Mavic 3 drones with regular rc controllers and iPad minis.  
I can copy the waypoints files from one iPad to another just fine so that we can all fly the same routes.  
I am considering upgrading to Mavic 3 Pro with RC Pro controller.  
But this is out of the question if it is not possible to copy over the waypoint files from a iPad to a new RC Pro controller?
2-24 00:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules