Inspire 1 gimbal not calibrating after firmware upgrade. Cam works!
843 6 2023-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patriciooholegu
lvl.1

Argentina

Hello people.
So here i´m asking for help.
I already searched all over google and forums to find a solution for this.
Bough a used Inspire 1 v1 (Not pro or raw) a few days ago. Everything worked like a charm (I think the past owner didnt used often).
But the Pilot app was prety bottering about upgrading aircraft and camera to latest firmware...
So i did...
The process was as i expected (Found a video on youtube of a guy showing it and was prety explanatory).
Ended up succesfully (Whit the B----b.b sound). Shuted down and up the aircraft: And the Zenmuse X3 transmitt image and is able to record...But the dam gimbal not.
Actually at powerup the gimbal does make a few noises, shakes a litlle bit (But not spining and turning like before).
The app shows that the camera is working (And it does).
By trying the gimbal calibration suggest to not touch or move and about a few second claims ¨calibration sucesfull¨...
Well, the gimbal does not move at all on this calibration (Like it should) and still dead after it...If i move the camera, at some point the gimbal shakes...It is like a tiny pet angry with me that does not move but wen i touch is face is shaking to reject me i swear!!
Any clue and suggestion about this?
By the way now the app sugest ¨Upgraded!¨on the status page...
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please check the gimbal firmware version? If there is a new firmware version, update the gimbal firmware to the latest version and try again. Check whether it can now perform a self-check. Also, may we confirm whether the gimbal will respond to your command to tilt?
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_6YmeUjblCie8
New

Argentina

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-30 23:54
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please check the gimbal firmware version? If there is a new firmware version, update the gimbal firmware to the latest version and try again. Check whether it can now perform a self-check. Also, may we confirm whether the gimbal will respond to your command to tilt?
This happened with the latest firmware
2023-5-1
Use props
patriciooholegu
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-30 23:54

This happened actually by updating aircraft and camera to the latest version...Because the app was so hurry to do so...
No tilt or pan...Just dead and if i hand move it, does shake a little bit (As i commented before, the camera does function in every way).
The upgrade was done using the stick latest firmware on dji site, by the microsd metod, and run flawlesly...
I already chequed everything posible: Connector, aircraft calibration...
Kind of surprise to be aparently a one in a million on this...
2023-5-1
Use props
patriciooholegu
lvl.1

Argentina

I have read about some problem with the magnets needing yo be re calibrated.
I m a profesional, full time Electronic technician with the propper tools for, so should be possible to do the task...
Anyone have a link to a good guide about this?
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

patriciooholegu Posted at 5-1 04:26
This happened actually by updating aircraft and camera to the latest version...Because the app was so hurry to do so...
No tilt or pan...Just dead and if i hand move it, does shake a little bit (As i commented before, the camera does function in every way).
The upgrade was done using the stick latest firmware on dji site, by the microsd metod, and run flawlesly...

Sorry for the late response. Please screenshot the firmware version for us. We will escalate it to our engineers for further analysis. Thank you.
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

patriciooholegu Posted at 5-1 04:45
I have read about some problem with the magnets needing yo be re calibrated.
I m a profesional, full time Electronic technician with the propper tools for, so should be possible to do the task...
Anyone have a link to a good guide about this?

1. Please check whether the gimbal is installed in place
2. Please check whether the connector between the gimbal and the aircraft was dirty/deformed or missed pins;
3.  If the connector is dirty, please clean it with anhydrous alcohol, wait for the alcohol to evaporate, and then restart the aircraft;
4、If there is no abnormality and it is still the same after wiping with alcohol,it is recommended that the customer replace the gimbal to use.
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules