Bernera Barracks, Glenelg, Lochalsh
655 8 2023-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

[size=15.008px]Day 3 of our recent April trip into the Highlands and an eagerley anticipated if long day, along the ‘road to the islands’, through the Ratagan Pass to Glenelg, a visit to the Bernera Barracks, the Glenelg Brochs (2 of them at any rate, footage to come in a forthcoming video), then over the Skye Ferry (more forthcoming footage) through the pass of Kyle Rhea and then over the Skye Bridge - too windy to fly nearby but I did get some fotage of it from a bit further away - and then on to Eilean Donan Castle (footage already posted) before returning to the cottage - a long day through stunning country and with some interestingly changeable weather - along with winds to match!
[size=15.008px]Apologies for the somewhat bumpy footage in places, although it looks warm and sunny, it was about 5C and blowing a gale, so when flying over the barracks I was buffeted by the wind rising over the walls - thats my excuse and I am sticking to it

2023-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lovely castle with a view.   
2023-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a majestic place that must have been, with fantastic views over the water.  Great job in the prevailing wind
2023-5-1
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

2002. Seems even more overgrown than then. Lovely weather, nice moves, not the worst place for a small fpv. Can you enter the building? Looking forward to the broths!
2023-5-1
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-1 02:30
2002. Seems even more overgrown than then. Lovely weather, nice moves, not the worst place for a small fpv. Can you enter the building? Looking forward to the broths!

No access to the building or even to the back of it for photos, unfortunately - I guess the condition it is in means a chance of falling masonry... Shame, it could be much more, like the barracks at Ruthven just off the A9 - although they are much easier to visit...

Brochs will be coming soon, I have a LOT of footage to process, just sorted ones for the next 3 days to upload, Glengary viewpoint, Glencoe Lochan and Rannoch Moor, and starting on another edit now..
2023-5-1
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 5-1 04:38
No access to the building or even to the back of it for photos, unfortunately - I guess the condition it is in means a chance of falling masonry... Shame, it could be much more, like the barracks at Ruthven just off the A9 - although they are much easier to visit...

Brochs will be coming soon, I have a LOT of footage to process, just sorted ones for the next 3 days to upload, Glengary viewpoint, Glencoe Lochan and Rannoch Moor, and starting on another edit now..

Shame - wouldn't want to crash a drone there, then.
Looking forward to the new uploads.
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stunning views.    What a great location for the barracks.  Shame it hasn't been maintained a bit better.  
2023-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Another great location!
2023-5-6
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer