546 38 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its that time again for another 1 minute roundup of the month.

2023-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A nice recap on the month's work David.  It all looks a bit darker than I recall, though.
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Despite lots of bad weather the roundup for April is awesome.  Fantastic job DA.    
2023-5-1
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

Very beautiful video, Dafly, you really cover some ground in April, Its  so cool to see that aspect of your work, all the different places.
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-1 20:10
Very beautiful video, Dafly, you really cover some ground in April, Its  so cool to see that aspect of your work, all the different places.

thanks Ms Ivy,  Ive been really enjoying these monthly recaps in under 1 minute.  
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-1 01:44
A nice recap on the month's work David.  It all looks a bit darker than I recall, though.

Dont tell anyone but I messed up the export from FCPX and only realised what went wrong when it was a bit late.
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 14:50
Despite lots of bad weather the roundup for April is awesome.  Fantastic job DA.

Thank you DT.    It certainly reflects my flight distance thats for sure.  
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-1 01:44
A nice recap on the month's work David.  It all looks a bit darker than I recall, though.

I re-uploaded to fix that the colour issue.
2023-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 22:55
Dont tell anyone but I messed up the export from FCPX and only realised what went wrong when it was a bit late.

Your secret is safe with me
2023-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 23:09
I re-uploaded to fix that the colour issue.

I'll take another look then
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 22:58
Thank you DT.    It certainly reflects my flight distance thats for sure.

My pleasure DA.  

Here's hoping May brings better weather and more opportunities to get flights in.  
2023-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 03:31
My pleasure DA.  

Here's hoping May brings better weather and more opportunities to get flights in.

Been out for high tide and it is really windy and nothing happening.
2023-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 04:32
Been out for high tide and it is really windy and nothing happening.

I'm telling you it is time to get a custom made kite to fly, especially with all the windy days you've had.  
2023-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 12:25
I'm telling you it is time to get a custom made kite to fly, especially with all the windy days you've had.

I have a stack of flexifoils but its usually too windy to fly them
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 00:45
I have a stack of flexifoils but its usually too windy to fly them

Too windy for flexifoils and drones so you simply can't win in that situation.  
2023-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 03:10
Too windy for flexifoils and drones so you simply can't win in that situation.

I tried one flexi in strong winds once and I got dragged halfway across the field before I could get control.

Just flew mini 2 and mini 3 back to back in 28mph wind and it’s surprising how the mini 3 flew twice as fast into the wind.   

2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 03:50
I tried one flexi in strong winds once and I got dragged halfway across the field before I could get control.

Just flew mini 2 and mini 3 back to back in 28mph wind and it’s surprising how the mini 3 flew twice as fast into the wind.

I think I would have paid admission to see you being dragged by the flexi.    Sorry, it just sounded like a funny event.

The difference in those 2 drones is more than just a little.  I've found the Mini 3 Pro to be a much more powerful drone, especially when in Sports mode.  
2023-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 12:56
I think I would have paid admission to see you being dragged by the flexi.    Sorry, it just sounded like a funny event.

The difference in those 2 drones is more than just a little.  I've found the Mini 3 Pro to be a much more powerful drone, especially when in Sports mode.

Thanks DT,   I was a mess,  luckily the car I had at the time had leather seats.   Or I would have made a real mess.   
2023-5-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 00:13
Thanks DT,   I was a mess,  luckily the car I had at the time had leather seats.   Or I would have made a real mess.

I think almost every car or truck I've owned has had leather seats.  Much either to keep cleaned and protected.  
2023-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-4 03:21
I think almost every car or truck I've owned has had leather seats.  Much either to keep cleaned and protected.

The trend here for the sports models is to use alcatara and often the option of leather is not available.   Both my current cars have the top spec seats and they are mixture of leather and alcantara,   I was skeptical at first but the material has been easy to keep looking nice.  
2023-5-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 23:44
The trend here for the sports models is to use alcatara and often the option of leather is not available.   Both my current cars have the top spec seats and they are mixture of leather and alcantara,   I was skeptical at first but the material has been easy to keep looking nice.

I was not familiar with alcantara so I googled it and found out the following.

Alcantara is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane, giving increased durability and stain resistance. The appearance and tactile feel of the material is similar to that of suede, and it may be erroneously identified as such.

Some versions are designated as flame retardant in order to meet certain fire standards for both furnishings and automobile applications.

So once again I learned something new.  
2023-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 03:05
I was not familiar with alcantara so I googled it and found out the following.

Alcantara is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane, giving increased durability and stain resistance. The appearance and tactile feel of the material is similar to that of suede, and it may be erroneously identified as such.

It's a very popular material these days in cars,   I was very concerned the first time I had it,  but its proved itself to be good.   
2023-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:31
It's a very popular material these days in cars,   I was very concerned the first time I had it,  but its proved itself to be good.

No doubt it is a viable alternative to leather and much cheaper also.  
2023-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Superb compilation!
2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 06:16
No doubt it is a viable alternative to leather and much cheaper also.

Well they certainly dont sell it much cheaper.  
2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 11:10
Superb compilation!

many thanks Peter.   Im enjoying making these.  
2023-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 23:28

You're welcome.
Keep them coming
2023-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I just released another talking video
Slowly getting more comfortable.
2023-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Well they certainly dont sell it much cheaper.

Hmmm, the listings I saw here were mostly 15-20% cheaper than leather offerings.  
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-7 05:15
Hmmm, the listings I saw here were mostly 15-20% cheaper than leather offerings.

I guess it depends,   a lot of the time we dont get a leather option and the alcantara is the same price the leather option would have been.   
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-7 01:05
You're welcome.
Keep them coming

Ive started the May video already.
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-7 01:05
I just released another talking video
Slowly getting more comfortable.

I will check  it out in a bit.
2023-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 22:58
I guess it depends,   a lot of the time we dont get a leather option and the alcantara is the same price the leather option would have been.

That doesn't seem very reasonable considering the alcantara should be a cheaper option.  
2023-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 02:39
That doesn't seem very reasonable considering the alcantara should be a cheaper option.

Par for the course when buying a new car these days,  the prices have really rocketed.
2023-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 22:53
Par for the course when buying a new car these days,  the prices have really rocketed.

Yeah, when the chip shortage hit and production levels dipped new car dealers were selling cars with a 15% mark-up over MSRP, with some going even higher.  Prices have come down only slightly recently.
2023-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:57
Yeah, when the chip shortage hit and production levels dipped new car dealers were selling cars with a 15% mark-up over MSRP, with some going even higher.  Prices have come down only slightly recently.

They never came down here,  and some of the manufacturers are even stopping making the smaller cheeper cars too.   
2023-5-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 23:56
They never came down here,  and some of the manufacturers are even stopping making the smaller cheeper cars too.

There probably wasn't a good enough profit margin on the smaller, cheaper cars to continue being manufactured.  I think as the battery technology continues to improve we will see more and more EVs being manufactured.  I saw one article recently where you only buy the basic car and your rent the battery.  It is like going to get an oil change and tire rotation.  Once a month you pull in and they change out the battery and the whole evolution only takes 35 minutes - or at least that is what the article claimed.  Each battery is supposedly thoroughly inspect before charging and installing in the next car that comes in.  
2023-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 03:13
There probably wasn't a good enough profit margin on the smaller, cheaper cars to continue being manufactured.  I think as the battery technology continues to improve we will see more and more EVs being manufactured.  I saw one article recently where you only buy the basic car and your rent the battery.  It is like going to get an oil change and tire rotation.  Once a month you pull in and they change out the battery and the whole evolution only takes 35 minutes - or at least that is what the article claimed.  Each battery is supposedly thoroughly inspect before charging and installing in the next car that comes in.

The battery rental thing has been happening here for a few years,     I think the marketing was because people feared the batteries would fail and it would be expensive to resolve.  
2023-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 04:11
The battery rental thing has been happening here for a few years,     I think the marketing was because people feared the batteries would fail and it would be expensive to resolve.

Yeah, like replacing a Tesla battery at a cost of $25,000.  
2023-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules