Storage? Not sure I'm understanding what's going on...
582 11 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Princy557
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50446 ft
United Kingdom

HI,
I'm getting a little confused about the AIR2S storage and the  SD cards.

In the drone/craft, I have 128G Sandisk.
In the Smart Controller, I have 128GB  Lexar (slower but manageable).
Then I'm told there is internal storage of 8GB.

I had been under the impression that the SD card on the Smart Controller was internal storage.

OK, so I have the two SD cards (Craft & Smart Controller). Can I just format the two of them for a clean start?

I currently remove the card from the craft and download it with an SD holder on the PC. I assume that's the best way?

If the internal memory is not on the Smart Controller SD card, then how do I tidy up the internal memory so that I can start afresh?

Any suggestions or explanations (simple ones for an oldun) please!

Regards
Princy557
2023-5-1
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295961 ft
United Kingdom

Another newbie here, but sure… format the cards in the pc/mac. Maybe somebody knows how to format them in situ, but I don't. For the Air2s internal storage, either delete the pics manually or plug the whole thing into the pc/mac and download/ delete. I've got the RC-N1 which uses a phone, and doesn't have any storage, but I've ordered a "proper" RC and waiting for it to arrive. Does the "proper" RC have internal storage? I would assume not, but I don't know.
2023-5-1
Use props
Princy557
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi The Mantis,
Thanks for the response.
Does'nt really answer the whole question, but does about formatting the two SD cards.
I think  the internal storage information might also givie me the ability to restart the numbering. (I'd like to start over)
2023-5-1
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Princy557 Posted at 5-1 07:55
Hi The Mantis,
Thanks for the response.
Does'nt really answer the whole question, but does about formatting the two SD cards.

Ah right, never realised what you meant by starting afresh. Wouldn’t bother me at all, tbh although I know I can do it on my “proper” camera or wait for 9999 images to come around
I saw you had no responses and thought I might prompt a bit of debate especially if I was talking rubbish.
2023-5-1
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

The 8GB internal storage is in the drone itself. To get to it, you have 2 options:
  • Use the transfer function in the Album section of the DJI Fly App.
  • Plug your drone into your computer with USB and retrieve the photos/videos same as you would when you plug your SD card into your computer.

The only time that the photos/videos will be saved to any storage on your controller is if your SD card is either full or not available AND the 8GB internal on the drone is full.
2023-5-1
Use props
Princy557
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi The Mantis:
OK,  Great to have your answer after seeing the lonly one ha ha.
On the file system I have noticed that there are numerous sub folder and wondered How to make the Internal storage 'as new'.

Hi Blue_Canyon21:
Thanks for the input. I had no thoughts that the internal was in the drone. But now I think about it, it's the obvious place.
(See above also)

LIght might be dawning on me.... Maybe there is a method of resetting the drone itself to factory state. I'll have a look and see.

Thanks for the input from you both.
Regards
2023-5-1
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Princy557 Posted at 5-1 10:33
Hi The Mantis:
OK,  Great to have your answer after seeing the lonly one ha ha.
On the file system I have noticed that there are numerous sub folder and wondered How to make the Internal storage 'as new'.

Unfortunately, the question has been asked many times before and the answer is that it isn't possible to factory reset the drone.

I guess it goes through a sort of pseudo-reset when it is connected to somebodies account but that's about it.
2023-5-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Make sure that the drone and RC BOTH have storage set to the SD card instead of internal. You will find the RC under Fly/profile/Settings/Storage. For the drone - Go Fly/settings/Camera/SD Card.
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Princy557. Thanks for reaching out. To format both the drone's internal storage and external SD card, you may open the DJI Fly app>Settings>Camera.

As for formatting the external SD card for the DJI Smart Controller, go to the RC's Settings, Storage, and an option to format will be there.
Alternatively, you may also proceed with formatting them through a computer.
We hope this helps. Have a nice day!
2023-5-1
Use props
Princy557
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all
Thanks for you input(s). Just  had a couple of days in bed so was not able to answer.
I think I now understand it a lot better than I did.
Only one answer missing and that was how to change the serial number?
But I suppose  in reality it does not really matter.
So thanks all for you great answers.
Regards
2023-5-5
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RE: Storage? Not sure I'm understanding what's going on...

blue_canyon21 Posted at 5-1 09:49The only time that the photos/videos will be saved to any storage on your controller is if your SD card is either full or not available AND the 8GB internal on the drone is full.

Thanks for that. So far, the only use I’ve had for the sd card on the RC was to make a screen  movie for the  care service. I suppose if I was on a long trip I could use it as overflow according to what you said. But otherwise I wonder if others have any use for it. Although the cards are cheap anyway.

Which also set me thinking… if you have the RC-N1 (as I did at first), which has no storage afaik, how would you record a screen movie?
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Princy557 Posted at 5-5 11:15
Hi all
Thanks for you input(s). Just  had a couple of days in bed so was not able to answer.
I think I now understand it a lot better than I did.

You are always welcome, Princy. About changing the serial number of the unit, Unfortunately, we cannot change a drone's serial number as every drone that we manufactured has its own unique serial number. If you have other inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules