1912 8 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

The other day I finally got my Goggles 2 (from my Avata) and Motion 2 controller working with my Mavic 3.  The manual says you can use the Fn wheel to tilt the camera before launching. Fine. It also says, "Press and hold the FN dial from the FPV view and then scroll up or down to tilt the
Camera. Release the dial to stop the camera tilt."  I cannot get that to work while flying. Is that only before flying? Does that mean that when using the Motion 2 with the goggles you cannot fly forward and look down???  That would be the end of the usefulness of the Motion Controller 2 and Googles 2 with the Mavic for any meaningful videography. It's hard to imagine not being able to program a way to do that but I have yet to find a way to get the gimble to tilt down when I am flying forward. I hope I'm missing something. Flying FPV with the Mav and the battery life is super fun but not being able to film is super depressing. Tell me I'm missing something, please, otherwise it was fun to use it once and I'll rarely ever use it going forward.

2023-5-1
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

The manual answers my question, sadly. It's wording makes it clearer when it says, "DJI RC Motion 2 User Manual10 © 2023 DJI All Rights Reserved. Controlling the camera tilt: before takeoff or during RTH and landing, press and hold the dial from the FPV view and then scroll up or down to tilt the camera. Release the dial to stop the camera tilt." and that tells me I cannot adjust the gimble when in flight. Tooo bad, so sad.
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already cleared your inquiry by checking the user manual. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-2
Use props
jcajhen
New

Slovenia

digibud Posted at 5-1 05:40
The manual answers my question, sadly. It's wording makes it clearer when it says, "DJI RC Motion 2 User Manual10 © 2023 DJI All Rights Reserved. Controlling the camera tilt: before takeoff or during RTH and landing, press and hold the dial from the FPV view and then scroll up or down to tilt the camera. Release the dial to stop the camera tilt." and that tells me I cannot adjust the gimble when in flight. Tooo bad, so sad.

Dear DJI, I've been flying your DJI FPV drone with immense fun and pleasure for over three years now (I am owning also Mavic 2 zoom). I am flying it almost exclusively with a motion controller - it is the freedom to fly with the stick as a bird and explore the surroundings from the air that I enjoy so much the most. Drones with the motion controller are the way to go for this purpose! Yesterday I purchased an Avata drone with Googles 2; the reason for this is your latest development with Google 2 working with DJI FPV drone. Great, thank you!! Avata drone is a nice one, but for my prime objective, exploring the world from above, DJI FPV drone would probably stay the preferred one (flying faster, better in high wind, obstacle sensors). If you could do the functionality upgrade, so that motion controller 2 will work with DJI FPV that would be excellent, looking forward!! My next purchase in short will be Mavic 3 Pro drone; it will be my next exploring drone which I will fly with a motion controller; zoom options on Mavic 3 Pro and the best-in-class cameras are the ones that will enhance my (exploring the world) experiences even further. The main reason why I am writing to you this post is what I found during initial Avata testing - the inability to adjust the camera tilt during the flight with the wheel on the Motion controller. This is an absolute missing feature! On the DJI FPV drone I am adjusting the camera tilt view angle (with motion controller) during each and every flight according to my needs when exploring the ground (different flying speeds, angle of object that I am following on the ground, etc.). Again, this is an absolutely must-have feature! Using the motion controller wheel to adjust cam parameters during flying is a nice feature (could be a second option for using the wheel), but the prime role of the wheel has to be to adjust the camera tilt!! To skip this option is in my humble opinion a big mistake that you have to correct while it drastically reduces the usefulness of the Motion controller for the purpose I mentioned - exploring the world as a bird; I can tell you, there are a lot of people (potential new buyers) who would use drone just for this purpose! I assume this feature is not working on Mavic 3 Pro either (if I found out correctly, you can control with the motion controller wheel the Mavic 3 zoom options during the flight, correct?).    Dear DJI, again, thank you for all of your great products which have brought us so much enjoyment and fun. Looking forward to finding in the near future a small firmware upgrade that will bring this functionality back to the motion controller.  With best regards, Janko Cajhen
2023-8-4
Use props
jcajhen
New

Slovenia

Dear DJI, I wrote to you a separate post on exact the same subject as digbud did in the above's post. Once more, as  I worte in my post, this is a cruical feature missing  you have to correct
2023-8-4
Use props
jcajhen
New

Slovenia

jcajhen Posted at 8-4 21:26
Dear DJI, I've been flying your DJI FPV drone with immense fun and pleasure for over three years now (I am owning also Mavic 2 zoom). I am flying it almost exclusively with a motion controller - it is the freedom to fly with the stick as a bird and explore the surroundings from the air that I enjoy so much the most. Drones with the motion controller are the way to go for this purpose! Yesterday I purchased an Avata drone with Googles 2; the reason for this is your latest development with Google 2 working with DJI FPV drone. Great, thank you!! Avata drone is a nice one, but for my prime objective, exploring the world from above, DJI FPV drone would probably stay the preferred one (flying faster, better in high wind, obstacle sensors). If you could do the functionality upgrade, so that motion controller 2 will work with DJI FPV that would be excellent, looking forward!! My next purchase in short will be Mavic 3 Pro drone; it will be my next exploring drone which I will fly with a motion controller; zoom options on Mavic 3 Pro and the best-in-class cameras are the ones that will enhance my (exploring the world) experiences even further. The main reason why I am writing to you this post is what I found during initial Avata testing - the inability to adjust the camera tilt during the flight with the wheel on the Motion controller. This is an absolute missing feature! On the DJI FPV drone I am adjusting the camera tilt view angle (with motion controller) during each and every flight according to my needs when exploring the ground (different flying speeds, angle of object that I am following on the ground, etc.). Again, this is an absolutely must-have feature! Using the motion controller wheel to adjust cam parameters during flying is a nice feature (could be a second option for using the wheel), but the prime role of the wheel has to be to adjust the camera tilt!! To skip this option is in my humble opinion a big mistake that you have to correct while it drastically reduces the usefulness of the Motion controller for the purpose I mentioned - exploring the world as a bird; I can tell you, there are a lot of people (potential new buyers) who would use drone just for this purpose! I assume this feature is not working on Mavic 3 Pro either (if I found out correctly, you can control with the motion controller wheel the Mavic 3 zoom options during the flight, correct?).    Dear DJI, again, thank you for all of your great products which have brought us so much enjoyment and fun. Looking forward to finding in the near future a small firmware upgrade that will bring this functionality back to the motion controller.  With best regards, Janko Cajhen

Dear DJI, I have tested my new Avata drone further and found out that the Cam tilt adjustment feature works with Motion Controller 2 as it should -  to do this Fn wheel should be pressed and hold pressed and then turn to adjust the cam tilt (my suggestion for you is to add this explanation to the Motion control 2 and Avata manual). Please, accept my sincere apologies for raising the issue before detailed testing and exploring my new drone. This function works great and is perfectly usable! My dream wishes and humbly ask for you is to make the Motion Controller 2 work in the same way also with DJI FPV drone together with  Googles 2 head track feature which also works really great (this, motion controller 2 + head tracking) will be my new default option flying Avata and Mavic3 Pro drone which I will be going to purchase in short. I am sure you can make it with this a substantial upsell of MC2 and new Googles within the existing DJI FPV user base. You should advertise this category -  "exploring the World from above as a bird" feature of Motion Controller2/Googles2  w. Air Pro/Mavic3/Avata drones even more.... With best regards; Janko
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jcajhen Posted at 8-6 03:55
Dear DJI, I have tested my new Avata drone further and found out that the Cam tilt adjustment feature works with Motion Controller 2 as it should -  to do this Fn wheel should be pressed and hold pressed and then turn to adjust the cam tilt (my suggestion for you is to add this explanation to the Motion control 2 and Avata manual). Please, accept my sincere apologies for raising the issue before detailed testing and exploring my new drone. This function works great and is perfectly usable! My dream wishes and humbly ask for you is to make the Motion Controller 2 work in the same way also with DJI FPV drone together with  Googles 2 head track feature which also works really great (this, motion controller 2 + head tracking) will be my new default option flying Avata and Mavic3 Pro drone which I will be going to purchase in short. I am sure you can make it with this a substantial upsell of MC2 and new Googles within the existing DJI FPV user base. You should advertise this category -  "exploring the World from above as a bird" feature of Motion Controller2/Googles2  w. Air Pro/Mavic3/Avata drones even more.... With best regards; Janko

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-21
Use props
djiuser_rUNoCbpAqG0f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462513 ft
United States

I agree. The original motion controller had the ability to tilt the gimbal. This feature is huge to control lighting and fov on the fly. They should give this function to the scroll wheel on the motion controller 2 and move the camera settings into the goggles.
3-7 03:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_rUNoCbpAqG0f Posted at 3-7 03:56
I agree. The original motion controller had the ability to tilt the gimbal. This feature is huge to control lighting and fov on the fly. They should give this function to the scroll wheel on the motion controller 2 and move the camera settings into the goggles.

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
3-8 05:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules