Engine shutdown system after landing "in hand"?
2342 25 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

How to turn off the Mini 3 Pro after landing in your hand? With the previous Mini 3 Pro, I always put both levers down and together (like when starting the engines) and the engines shut off.
Currently, this method does not work for me, I only turn off the engines using the left stick and the down direction.
Not that I don't like this system, but isn't this a bug or is this a change in FW?

2023-5-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

no bug or change. The CSC for motor shut down takes several seconds to take effect. Just keep pulling down.
2023-5-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would only ever use the throttle closed method with a hand catch. The CSC might, whilst active, command full reverse and full sideways, with a Phantom 3 that led to the chance of a flip especially in a breeze.
2023-5-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

if i hand catch my Mini3Pro (or others) is use the autoland way....so the normal way to land a drone by only pushing down the stick.
After it lands in my hand it stops automatically the motors.

cheers
JJB
2023-5-1
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 5-1 09:18
Hi,

if i hand catch my Mini3Pro (or others) is use the autoland way....so the normal way to land a drone by only pushing down the stick.

... the best way, for me too...   
2023-5-1
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

Thanks for the valuable information, I thought the new driver was broken.
2023-5-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use stick down only, once in my hand, i will keep the stick down full until it shuts down. No need for both sticks.
2023-5-1
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I grab it from a hover underneath (not land in hand - i dont want something moving towards my hand).
After grabbing a quick flick of the wrist to flip it past 90 degrees and the motors stop immediately.
2023-5-1
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-1 09:18
Hi,

if i hand catch my Mini3Pro (or others) is use the autoland way....so the normal way to land a drone by only pushing down the stick.

Ditto. The only way I've ever done it.
2023-5-1
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-1 17:59
Ditto. The only way I've ever done it.

I was speaking of *JJB's way.
2023-5-1
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

Quite a few ways to land and shut down the engines.
I always grabbed the Mini by the "butt" of the battery with two fingers under the propellers and pushed the knobs down with the other hand.
As written above, there are far more convenient and better ways, I will adapt.

I grab the DJI Avata from above and turn it over, I have no problem there.
2023-5-2
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921604 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ross14 Posted at 5-2 02:28
Quite a few ways to land and shut down the engines.
I always grabbed the Mini by the "butt" of the battery with two fingers under the propellers and pushed the knobs down with the other hand.
As written above, there are far more convenient and better ways, I will adapt.

Sounds a bit like an acrobatic move - watching the drone, one hand at the drone, and the other pushing two sticks in the correct way ;)

I do it in the same way others already described. Hover the drone, place the hand underneath (approx 50cm), then left stick downwards, grab the drone and keep the left stick pushed until the motors shut down. This way I can keep my eyes on the drone and my surrounding, which is essential for me when landing.

2023-5-2
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

2023-5-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would suggest the "snatch and twist" be kept for emergency use only. It probably stresses the props, their screws and the airframe.
2023-5-2
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

_SoP_ Posted at 5-2 03:54
Sounds a bit like an acrobatic move - watching the drone, one hand at the drone, and the other pushing two sticks in the correct way ;)

I do it in the same way others already described. Hover the drone, place the hand underneath (approx 50cm), then left stick downwards, grab the drone and keep the left stick pushed until the motors shut down. This way I can keep my eyes on the drone and my surrounding, which is essential for me when landing.

Yes, it looks like finger acrobatics, but it didn't even feel like that, I got used to it.
I really like the landing on the hand with one lever!
2023-5-2
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

Ranjan Posted at 5-2 05:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHBP_hN9W34

This is exactly the video I was looking at when looking for "shutdown moves" with RC sticks.
2023-5-2
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-2 08:49
I would suggest the "snatch and twist" be kept for emergency use only. It probably stresses the props, their screws and the airframe.

I fully agree with the proposal! I accept that only one lever is enough for landing.
2023-5-2
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Ross14 Posted at 5-2 12:51
Yes, it looks like finger acrobatics, but it didn't even feel like that, I got used to it.
I really like the landing on the hand with one lever!

Landing on the hand with one stick is also looking kind of "pro" for watchers
2023-5-2
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

_SoP_ Posted at 5-2 21:54
Landing on the hand with one stick is also looking kind of "pro" for watchers

It is true !
2023-5-3
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

RC Motion 2 is due to arrive today, how does it work with landing "on the hand"?
Does anyone already have practical experience?
2023-5-3
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

This video at 0:47: https://www.dji.com/de/rc-motion-2/video
2023-5-3
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

_SoP_ Posted at 5-3 02:29
This video at 0:47: https://www.dji.com/de/rc-motion-2/video

Thank you! This is a video of Avata control, but for the Mini 3 Pro?
Will it be the same?
2023-5-3
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Ross14 Posted at 5-3 03:45
Thank you! This is a video of Avata control, but for the Mini 3 Pro?
Will it be the same?

I strongly think so, since the HW of the RC Motion 2 will not be different. What else could trigger starting and landing?
2023-5-3
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

_SoP_ Posted at 5-3 05:01
I strongly think so, since the HW of the RC Motion 2 will not be different. What else could trigger starting and landing?

Avata is a frightened horse, for more active flying plus an action video in a small space. Mini 3 Pro, on the other hand, is such a calm girl for film and photography work with the need for more space for this activity.
I wonder if the Mini will also sit in the hand with the M2, just like with the RC and turn off the engines.
I already have the M2 at home, all I have to do is go test it
2023-5-3
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

Tested, very unusual ... I fly with Avata with Remote Controller 2 and I used M1 about twice.
So today is almost the premiere with the M2 and Mini 3 Pro controller.
  I have swapped control directions (I have to set them), the range is limited by glasses (perhaps an appearance) RC signal is full, HD transmission on two dashes after 600 meters.
With DJI RC the range is perfect beyond 2.5km, I haven't tried it further.
The landing after holding down the orange button M2 is smooth and lands on the hand even with the engines turned off - cool.
2023-5-3
Use props
Joody
lvl.1

Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 2023-5-1 08:47
no bug or change. The CSC for motor shut down takes several seconds to take effect. Just keep pulling down.

If I want to do multiple take off & landings without shutting off the motors ( touch & go ) is it possible to not have the motors shut off when I land?
3-11 15:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules