Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MA2 Zoom
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 925791 ft
United States

I have read and seen online of the MA2 being able to have a zoom mode? However, for some reason I cannot figure out how to get this to work?  I am hoping somebody has the answer?

Rick
2023-5-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

You mean the Air 2? I ask because you posted this in the Mavic 2 Enterprise section.

OK, here is a video explaining the "zoom" function in the Air 2:

It is not a real zoom, it is just cropping the sensor, meaning you use a much smaller part of the sensor to make it look like it is closer. The result is a degraded quality.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd
lvl.1
United States

In addtion, anything I read or watch talks about 4k, 2.7k and 1080regarding the zoom as well as fps, and wide vs regular. I cannot find anyplace I can adjust any of these things?
2023-5-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

He explains it well in the video.
But note that he also says that the zoom function and other features was introduced with a new firmware that came two years ago.
If you never have updated your Air 2, you should do it now. And also the DJI Fly app.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd
lvl.1
United States

Well this is what I have currently?

I have updated the firmware regularly. I have 01.01.1300 firmware in right now. RC 04.11.0200. Yet with the videos I have seen, I am unable to find a way to see Zoom, wide, 4k, 2.7k, 1080 or see the number next to the record button.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd
lvl.1
United States

Fly app is UTD also.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd
lvl.1
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 5-1 14:01
He explains it well in the video.
But note that he also says that the zoom function and other features was introduced with a new firmware that came two years ago.
If you never have updated your Air 2, you should do it now. And also the DJI Fly app.

He click's on the filmstrip and gets an entire menu, (i.e. 4k, 2.7k, 1080 and FPS settings that don't even show up for me?

Rick
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are pertaining to the DJI Mavic Air 2, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does support Zoom. If you still having issues with this feature, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Lastly, please ensure that the current settings support the zoom function, and set the relevant resolution and frame rate.

2x digital zoom when set to 4K 30/25/24 fps.
But 4K WIDE doesn't support Zoom.

2x digital zoom when set to 2.7K 60/50/48/30/25/24

4x digital zoom when set to 1080P 60/50/48/30/25/24 in video mode.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-1 18:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are pertaining to the DJI Mavic Air 2, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does support Zoom. If you still having issues with this feature, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Lastly, please ensure that the current settings support the zoom function, and set the relevant resolution and frame rate.

2x digital zoom when set to 4K 30/25/24 fps.

Well I downloaded the assistant app.  Still nothing.  All the videos I see online, show a menu with way more options then I get my menu doesn’t look any different than the one I had with the mini.

The stuff inside the yellow border doesn’t even show up for me?

See attached photo.
IMG_8569.jpeg
2023-5-2
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd Posted at 5-2 13:19
Well I downloaded the assistant app.  Still nothing.  All the videos I see online, show a menu with way more options then I get my menu doesn’t look any different than the one I had with the mini.

This is because the video is with an old version of the DJI Fly app.

Currently, these options to change between 4K zoom, 4K wide, are down in the right bottom corner.
You click on the quality, for example 4K, and you get a menu with sliders which you can adjust according to your needs.
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd Posted at 5-2 13:19
Well I downloaded the assistant app.  Still nothing.  All the videos I see online, show a menu with way more options then I get my menu doesn’t look any different than the one I had with the mini.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and download it using the link below? After installing the latest version, please refer to the statement of Yaros1 above as he mentioned on where to set the video quality to have the zoom function. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2023-5-4
Use props
djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-4 01:17
Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and download it using the link below? After installing the latest version, please refer to the statement of Yaros1 above as he mentioned on where to set the video quality to have the zoom function. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Deleting the app and redownloading it Gofly, was the key.  Tyvm

Rick
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_o1slqh9iiHLd Posted at 5-4 06:57
Deleting the app and redownloading it Gofly, was the key.  Tyvm

Rick

Perfect! We're glad that it is now working on your end, Rick. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules