Inspire 2 Apple ProRes Light Flicker
715 5 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans93af3118
lvl.1
United States

When filming with my Inspire 2 in Apple ProRes 422, i will get this flicker that i can't quite figure out. This has been going on for months now and has progressively gotten worse. The h.264 file on the sd car does not have the flicker. So i know the issue has to have something to do with the ProRes encoding. When filming in cinema dng, I do not have the issue either. So, again I don't believe the issue has anything to do with my actual SSD cad. I attached a a youtube video that shows the problem. It can be seen at the 10 and 15 second mark. My ISO is fixed, so nothing is changing on my camera settings during flight. It will happen when my drone is stationary and when I'm flying. It will also happen when My gimbal is stationary and when my gimbal is moving so I don't think it's a gimbal issue. It will happen when shooting into the sun and when I'm shooting away from the sun so i don't think it has anything to do with the exposure of my composition. Anyways, let me know if any of you have any idea on what this may be:

https://youtu.be/uHyRhIg2EnQ
2023-5-1
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recommend providing some more info like camera, lens, and settings.
2023-5-1
Use props
fans93af3118
lvl.1
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 5-1 20:27
Recommend providing some more info like camera, lens, and settings.

Thanks.  I was using the zenmuse x5s.  The particular lens on my camera body is an olympus 25mm lens.  The setting for this clip were iso 200.  1/60 shutter speed.  Aperture was at 4.0

I'm not positive if i have the same issue using my standard dji lens.  I don't hardly ever use that lens.  Although i could trouble shoot that tomorrow.  I have the flicker at all apertures and at all shutter speeds.  
2023-5-1
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans93af3118 Posted at 5-1 20:48
Thanks.  I was using the zenmuse x5s.  The particular lens on my camera body is an olympus 25mm lens.  The setting for this clip were iso 200.  1/60 shutter speed.  Aperture was at 4.0

I'm not positive if i have the same issue using my standard dji lens.  I don't hardly ever use that lens.  Although i could trouble shoot that tomorrow.  I have the flicker at all apertures and at all shutter speeds.

My best guess is that it's the camera. Worse case you send in to DJI for a repair estimate after explaining the issue.
2023-5-5
Use props
fans93af3118
lvl.1
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 5-5 09:08
My best guess is that it's the camera. Worse case you send in to DJI for a repair estimate after explaining the issue.

Thanks so much for the response! Do you think it could be the camera if the h.264 and the cinema dng files come out perfectly? It’s only the Apple pro-res file that gets corrupted.
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_TD2nVaU2sYAE
New

Australia

How did you go with a solution for this? I just experienced the exact same issue (prores 422 HQ) and wanted to figure it out!
4-13 02:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules