dji 03 air not compatible with the rc controller
3970 12 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans800d34c7
lvl.1

United States

so i reached out to dji and found out that my on board fpv controler that i got with my mini pro 3  will not bind to the new 03 air unit, i like the controler it works good and i dount have mount a phone, but as i can see dji, to me has sold me a product that is inferor to even the 160 dollar controler option, then i want to run 3rd party apps but no they do not allow that either, dji come on with it, why would you lead me to belive that the better rc is is better when it is not, the air unit can be instaled on a hole host of products but, will not work with my rc, this makes the rc inferor to the cheap option, and makes me think i have been taken advantage of, this all came about when i wanted to use the air unit on a home biult quad, the 03 has some very nice features, good transmision will work with ocusink 3, has remote id biult in not only that it also alows me to controll a quad with the other controler, is it just me or has dji took my money and is not willing to fix there inferor product, cost there self sales, and because i use the rc im not as important,
its easy
allow 3rd party apps, allow me to use the rc controler for a rc controler, this will open up new doors, its inferor to other radios that cost far less and this needs to change, it will not only prmote sells of the air unit but more sells of the rc, can someone from dji explain, so what i was told and what i got is far from what it could be  

2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry to tell you that DJI RC is not compatible with DJI O3 Air Unit, and currently, there is no plan for this. And DJI RC only has the DJI Fly app, no other apps can be installed on the DJI RC.
Surely, I will take note of your feedback and forward it to our engineers. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2023-5-2
Use props
fans800d34c7
lvl.1

United States

im sorry but something is not right, why is it we cant use apps on the radio, and both the air unit and the rc are ocosink 3 correct, from my stand point if both were changed would that not promote sails. the remote is android and from speaking with android, they seem to state that dji has broken some laws by limiting the use of the os ,,,, android,,, and has pulled the fly app from goggle play stores, so im under the impression that dji has made android mad and doesn't want there apps on your systems so know both radios are or will be no good you cant get the fly app on phones only certain ones so the older remotes wont work because they rely on android, as the rc controller as well, the rc pro way out there on price, so thats a no go for most, ive seen this pattern before Xair, stopped making consumer drones, and started only selling enterprise drones and went under, eaugle tree is another, so is dji set to kill the consumer drones by limiting key features, apple it seems is not happy with dji either, also im on adroid 10 when will dji uprade the os to 11
2023-5-2
Use props
fans800d34c7
lvl.1

United States

sorry i forgot to inform you that people are instaling apps on the rc despite dji, so its already in motion, and soon it wont matter
2023-5-2
Use props
fans800d34c7
lvl.1

United States

last but not least dji tried this approach with the naza light after no updates and the naza light became a naza v2 over knight
2023-5-2
Use props
fans800d34c7
lvl.1

United States

i guess im just wanting to have a little more fun with my stuff, it wont matter anyway as soon as remote id comes in no one will be able to fly anywere,The mini 3 and Pro are on the list that have RemoteID built in. From what I get out of it is will not be able to fly anywhere.
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, we will forward your feedback to our relevant team and see how we can do better.
Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
Thank you for your understanding again.
2023-5-3
Use props
Jaywhoop
lvl.1
United States

Excellent point, the RC is totally capable of working with the DJI RC controller, please provide software update so we can do this.  Thanks!
2023-6-15
Use props
Jaywhoop
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 5-2 02:39
Hi, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry to tell you that DJI RC is not compatible with DJI O3 Air Unit, and currently, there is no plan for this. And DJI RC only has the DJI Fly app, no other apps can be installed on the DJI RC.
Surely, I will take note of your feedback and forward it to our engineers. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Can we have an air unit capable of working with the DJI RC?
2023-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jaywhoop Posted at 6-15 18:05
Can we have an air unit capable of working with the DJI RC?

Hi, Jaywhoop. The suggestion has been forwarded by DJI Susan already but please note that this is not guaranteed as it depends on the evaluation of our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-15
Use props
djiuser_ikAwEf8ZMCHp
New

United Kingdom

Any updates on this? I recently got my 03 air unit and had to manually remove the rc link to get mine to work. It would be so much easier If I could use my dji rc remote from my mavic 3 to use the dji radio link. I don't already own a v2 remote and so I would literally have to buy old equipment to make this work. Also, if I can get the rc link, surely I could relay my image from the 03 fpv camera to the dji rc remote too (like the mavic 3 pro i have) and even control settings? The goggles are pretty fiddly to go through settings sometimes and one remote for both systems would be perfect.
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_ikAwEf8ZMCHp Posted at 7-28 10:33
Any updates on this? I recently got my 03 air unit and had to manually remove the rc link to get mine to work. It would be so much easier If I could use my dji rc remote from my mavic 3 to use the dji radio link. I don't already own a v2 remote and so I would literally have to buy old equipment to make this work. Also, if I can get the rc link, surely I could relay my image from the 03 fpv camera to the dji rc remote too (like the mavic 3 pro i have) and even control settings? The goggles are pretty fiddly to go through settings sometimes and one remote for both systems would be perfect.

Hi there, we are sorry to tell you that DJI RC currently only supports DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mini 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3, and DJI Air 2S. But we will forward your feedback and request to the corresponding team.
2023-7-29
Use props
Andy591960
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107060 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I just found out the the Mini 4 Pro, which uses ocusync 4, works with the rc pro... If true there must have been a recent update to the rc pro... and therefore if true, it should also work with the air 3

By the way I have an RC Pro and RC N2 I have the mini 3 pro, air 3 and mavic 3 classic... and yes I will soon have the mini 4 pro and will likely sell my mini 3 pro.
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules