697 4 2023-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Liam Oacuteg Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768704 ft
Ireland

Hi there,
My name is Liam and I've had a Mavic 2 Pro since August 2020. I've never had any real technical issues until now.
I've used a Galaxy S10+ since last October. I have used the DJI Go 4 app already with this phone but I haven't used the drone for about 2 months until last week.

For some reason the RC won't link with the DJI go4 app and I've tried for hours and hours to repair that link. The RC is linked to the Mavic and I can fly here alright but I can't see what the camera view so photos and footage are useless.

I've gone through dozens of various threads on the DJI forum, an Irish drone group and Reddit, but all to no avail.

I've deleted and re-downloaded the app directly from the DJI site but it hasn't changed anything.
I've updated the firmware on the drone via DJI Assistant 2.
I've tried to connect the RC to DJI Assistant 2 but my Imac doesn't seem to register the Rc when connecting bu Usb to Usb lead.

I've monitored various videos to try and sort it but I'm at the end of my ideas!!

Can any of you clever folk please help me with this?

2023-5-2
Use props
Liam Oacuteg Drone
lvl.1
Ireland

Anyone?
2023-5-3
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

The first step I would do is try another cable between the phone and RC. The RC can be a bit picky on cables. Also note that some cheap USB cables can only be used for charging, not for data sync and transfer.
Do you connect the phone to the micro-USB port on the upper left of the RC?  If yes, try connecting it to the USB-A port on the bottom of the RC. This is the recommended port for connecting. If this is the port you normally use, try connecting the cable to the other port (requires a different cable).
2023-5-3
Use props
Liam Oacuteg Drone
lvl.1
Ireland

ArcticPhoto Posted at 5-3 02:50
The first step I would do is try another cable between the phone and RC. The RC can be a bit picky on cables. Also note that some cheap USB cables can only be used for charging, not for data sync and transfer.
Do you connect the phone to the micro-USB port on the upper left of the RC?  If yes, try connecting it to the USB-A port on the bottom of the RC. This is the recommended port for connecting. If this is the port you normally use, try connecting the cable to the other port (requires a different cable).

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the time. I normally use the other port connection but I've tried the USB connection a few times since this issue arose. It still didn't register on the app.
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Liam. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly try using other cables as mentioned in the comment above, or if possible, use another mobile device to cross-test. Also, if the current phone is using a phone case, please remove it and try again. Please keep us posted.
2023-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules