Excellent DJI Service Experience
1479 12 2015-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I know the current style is to rip DJI service, but I have to say that, based on my two interactions to date, they have done very well by me.

The first time I had an issue, it was concerning a long-closed (since 2003) airport downtown Chicago being included in the DJY Phantom 3 no-fly list. Through a couple weeks' of emails, DJI committed to removing this location, and sure enough, with the roll out of 1.2.6, the airport was removed from the P3, and shortly thereafter, from the Inspire's firmware.

More recently, my P3 Pro failed to take any upgrade in firmware. After some frustration with the hardware, then with not being able to reach anybody at DJI California, Tahoe Ed on this forum stepped in, and I was able to contact DJI, and DJI disagnosed my issue as being a defect with the camera. My Phantom 3 Pro was sent out last Tuesday, and amazingly, I just received notification that the repairs were finished and my P3P is on its way back to me via FedEx.

Honestly, this is oustanding service, and has made a happy customer out of me. Now I need to get back in the air.

2015-8-24
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Great to hear. Definitely different from the norm. Could things be getting better in DJI repair land?
2015-8-24
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Meig's Field?
2015-8-24
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

L8gain, yup, when I got my P3P, "Meigs Airport", as it was called on the DJI Pilot App's map,, was on the no-fly list. I realized when I went out to what is now Northerly Island, and the engines wouldn't even start.

It only took DJI a few weeks to understand what I was asking for and to incorporate this into the firmware, which was pretty good, in my opinion.

Jim Cloud, one can hope. I know they are expending a lot of effort to improve things.
2015-8-24
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to hear you got it sorted and will soon be flying again.
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Very good to hear!
2015-8-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
China

I will pass on to DJI LA.
2015-8-24
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

My Phantom 3 Pro is on the FedEx delivery truck, inbound to me, 8 days from the time it left.

Now all I need to do is get it back up in the air.

Thanks again, DJI - seriously.
2015-8-26
Use props
lvl.4

United States

Great to hear.  Glad you are getting it back early.  Not the Norm, by no means with DJI.    I'd go get a lottery ticket some time this week.    Good luck.
2015-8-26
Use props
rolyf
lvl.1

United States

1111 Posted at 2015-8-27 00:05
Great to hear.  Glad you are getting it back early.  Not the Norm, by no means with DJI.    I'd go g ...

I own a business and the saying goes like this:  A happy customer might tell one other person.  An unhappy customer will tell twenty.
I belong to several boards, all for different hobbies or my career.  It is obvious that unhappy people post complaints far more often than happy people post attaboys.  I don't care what it is, sports cars, firearms, cruise ships, Rolex watches or DJI products, the unhappy people post far more often than the attaboy folks. It's human nature I guess.
For the record though, you can list me under the "Extremely Happy" category.
2015-8-26
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

did you have to pay for shipping or did they provide a shipping label?
2015-8-26
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

After witnessing the drama that occured beforehand, we are really glad to hear that you had such a good experience. We are glad we could help you sort it out. Now get back to work!
2015-8-26
Use props
mattervin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1498885 ft
United States

My P3P has been in the "Service Queue" for over 2 weeks and they told me it would take 6-8 before they even look at it.  My P3P had a gimbal overload error and then went tumbling out of control nothing I could do as I watched it fall to its demise.  No warning, nothing, just tumbled off 1200 ft away from me.  Just missed falling into a lake.   Thankfully was able to find it by the flight log map.   It is clear that it was a hardware or software failure of some sort.  I have logs and video that were sent to them.  My hope is that they fix it under warranty but 8 weeks to me is not a reasonable amount of time to have to wait for a repair(TWO MONTHS).  Sorry but that is NOT good customer service.  I love DJI but they have to fix their service and soon.

They did pay to have it shipped to them.

I did order a second P3P for backup and thank goodness I have that.  

Please Hurry DJI
2015-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules