1309 34 2023-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

360 Pano of the local cricket ground, prepared and ready for the summer fixtures.

2023-5-3
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice church.
2023-5-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's the one with the new weathervane, Depp
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice capture Mr. B.    The cricket field looks exceptionally well maintained.  
2023-5-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 12:32
Very nice capture Mr. B.    The cricket field looks exceptionally well maintained.

I think all the preparations are complete.
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-3 12:42
I think all the preparations are complete.

No doubt about that.  I probably shouldn't say this but I've always found cricket to be a bit boring to watch when compared to soccer and some other sports.  Maybe I just don't understand enough of the game to appreciate it.  
2023-5-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 13:03
No doubt about that.  I probably shouldn't say this but I've always found cricket to be a bit boring to watch when compared to soccer and some other sports.  Maybe I just don't understand enough of the game to appreciate it.

I think I've mentioned before that I consider it to be on a par with watching the grass grow
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-3 13:32
I think I've mentioned before that I consider it to be on a par with watching the grass grow

Yes, now that you gave my memory a jolt it seems you had mentioned that.  

10 reasons I've found online for cricket being so boring.
1 - We don't understand the rules.
2 - Games can last days and it’s only the final day that really matters in the end.
3 - Little player interaction.  
4 - Regular breaks.  In more casual clubs the teams may leave the field to enjoy a tea break or go off to have lunch at one of the nearby pubs.  After all there isn't a game clock.
5 - Frequent weather cancellations.  It can end quickly at the slightest sign of inclement weather.
6 - Doesn't require much athleticism.  Some players are heavy-set while others look skinny and don't appear to be athletic.  Unlike some sports such as American football where most of the players are either big and corded with muscle or lean and muscular.
7 - Not that many people attend the game.  Cricket is that popular and many people just don't have the time for it.  Part of the fun of sports is rooting with your fellow fans.
8 - Bowler takes a long time.   The bowler can throw their pitch when they want.  Remember there is no game clock.
9 - Action stops every 6 bowls. The bowler has six attempts at bowling.  After those six attempts are over, it’s called an over, and a new bowler takes that bowler’s place.  Again, more time consumed.
10 - They don't have a team to root for.   A final reason cricket is boring is that some fans don’t have a team to root for.  Therefore they’re not emotionally invested in anyone.
2023-5-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 13:57
Yes, now that you gave my memory a jolt it seems you had mentioned that.  

10 reasons I've found online for cricket being so boring.

There's a little more fervour about the fans of the game than you intimate, but any game where one team can be thrashing the other out of sight, and then the notoriously fickle weather in the UK can bring rain lasting for days allowing the losing side to claim a draw, is beyond my comprehension
2023-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks nice. On Monday I visited a new bluebell wood and ended up skirting around a cricket ground to get to the woods.  On the return we found them playing
2023-5-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 00:38
Looks nice. On Monday I visited a new bluebell wood and ended up skirting around a cricket ground to get to the woods.  On the return we found them playing

Well I think the season has already begun - not that I follow cricket at all.  Ironically, after wandering about for days looking for bluebells, I came home via a different route to the usual, and spotted a huge clump of them in a garden not 500 metres from here.
2023-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-4 00:46
Well I think the season has already begun - not that I follow cricket at all.  Ironically, after wandering about for days looking for bluebells, I came home via a different route to the usual, and spotted a huge clump of them in a garden not 500 metres from here.

Someone was saying there are good bluebells and bad ones,   Spanish I think and they are quite invasive.
2023-5-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-4 00:08
There's a little more fervour about the fans of the game than you intimate, but any game where one team can be thrashing the other out of sight, and then the notoriously fickle weather in the UK can bring rain lasting for days allowing the losing side to claim a draw, is beyond my comprehension

No doubt about that.  I guess I'm more into action sports.  
2023-5-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 00:59
Someone was saying there are good bluebells and bad ones,   Spanish I think and they are quite invasive.

These were a mix of blue and white in the same patch.

2023-5-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-4 03:18
No doubt about that.  I guess I'm more into action sports.

Certainly more watchable
2023-5-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-4 05:12
Certainly more watchable

It certainly beats watching snails crawl, I mean watching cricket.  
2023-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-4 05:03
These were a mix of blue and white in the same patch.

[view_image]

You seem to have a lot of mutants upon there,  I dont recall seeing any here.
2023-5-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 23:43
You seem to have a lot of mutants upon there,  I dont recall seeing any here.

No white ones in  Bluebell wood, though.
2023-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-5 00:26
No white ones in  Bluebell wood, though.

I thought Id spotted some yesterday so I stopped the car and grabbed a shot only to discover they are three cornered leeks.
2023-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2023-5-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:11
I thought Id spotted some yesterday so I stopped the car and grabbed a shot only to discover they are three cornered leeks.[view_image]

Maybe that's what the white ones are.  And yesterday, I discovered some pink ones.

2023-5-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, yes  
2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-6 21:58
Maybe that's what the white ones are.  And yesterday, I discovered some pink ones.

[view_image]

That means they have been contaminated with the Spanish blue bells.
2023-5-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 23:13
That means they have been contaminated with the Spanish blue bells.

I saw blue, white and pink on the same woodland path yesterday - almost the colours of the Union Flag, on such an auspicious day
2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-6 23:16
I saw blue, white and pink on the same woodland path yesterday - almost the colours of the Union Flag, on such an auspicious day

If the trend continues we might find that blue bells become as rare as the red squirrel.
2023-5-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 23:33
If the trend continues we might find that blue bells become as rare as the red squirrel.

Well. the reds are making a comeback here and there.
2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-6 23:41
Well. the reds are making a comeback here and there.

There was a plan I read about to introduce a disease to the greys that would affect how they would reproduce,    seemed a dangerous idea to me.
2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 00:04
There was a plan I read about to introduce a disease to the greys that would affect how they would reproduce,    seemed a dangerous idea to me.

The study I read about, was to feed the greys with food including a chemical or hormone that would render them infertile. So it wouldn't harm them per se, but would eventually lead to them dwindling in numbers due to no new births.  A bit more humane. And the same stuff apparently doesn't affect the reds.
2023-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-7 00:20
The study I read about, was to feed the greys with food including a chemical or hormone that would render them infertile. So it wouldn't harm them per se, but would eventually lead to them dwindling in numbers due to no new births.  A bit more humane. And the same stuff apparently doesn't affect the reds.

That was is.   For some reason I thought it was a disease,  but I guess I mis remembered that.
2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:19
That was is.   For some reason I thought it was a disease,  but I guess I mis remembered that.

It could take years to achieve the goal, but it appears to be having an effect in the test area.
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-7 23:33
It could take years to achieve the goal, but it appears to be having an effect in the test area.

I hadnt realised it had been tested.  Not sure how I feel about that level of tampering with nature.  
2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:42
I hadnt realised it had been tested.  Not sure how I feel about that level of tampering with nature.

A minefiled it's best we don't stray into. Leave it to the "experts".
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-7 23:56
A minefiled it's best we don't stray into. Leave it to the "experts".

I will certainly be interested to see what happens with it.
2023-5-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 00:04
I will certainly be interested to see what happens with it.

I think I heard about it on Countryfile - so they will probably review it in a year or two.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules