A2 category certificate in Germany
1521 7 2023-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quxxark
New

Germany

I'm living in Germany and want to buy a Mavic 3 pro. But I saw that it's weight more than 900 g and it's categorised as C2 dron. As I understand, it requires A2 permissions. How the procedure looks like? Should I take a practical exam to get all needed certificates?
2023-5-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

The procedure is here : https://www.dipul.de/homepage/de/

You only need the A2 exam if you want to fly the drone in an A2 scenario. Otherwise registration and the A1/A3 exam are sufficient.
EU-Kompetenznachweis | dipul | Digitale Plattform Unbemannte Luftfahrt  | dipul
2023-5-3
Use props
Quxxark
New

Germany

https://www.dipul.de/homepage/en/information/categorizing-drone-operations/open-category/

Sub-categories

Within the ‘open’ category, another distinction is made with regard to the specifications of the drone and the area in which the drone mission is to take place. Drone operations in the ‘open’ category are subdivided into sub-categories A1, A2 and A3 for this purpose.

Sub-category A1 permits pilots who have participated in an online training course and have successfully completed an online examination to operate a UAS of up to 900 g. This sub-category permits overflying of individuals. If the UAS weighs less than 250 g and does not have a sensor able to capture personal data, the obligation to provide a certificate of competency is waived.

Sub-category A2 requires drones to be operated at a safe distance from people. However, this category allows drones with a maximum permissible take-off mass of up to 4 kg to be operated. In addition to the certificate of competency of category A1/A3, the remote pilot must undergo a practical course of self-training and a written theoretical test to obtain the EU remote pilot certificate. A list of recognized testing centers for taking the exam is provided by the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt.

Sub-category A3 allows drone flights with a take-off mass of up to 25 kg. However, a safety distance of at least 150 m from people, populated areas, recreational areas, industrial facilities etc. must be respected for operations in this category in accordance with the geographical zones. In order to qualify, the EU certificate of competency of category A1/A3 (online training and examination) must be completed.

So, as I understand, no, "the remote pilot must undergo a practical course of self-training and a written theoretical test to obtain the EU remote pilot certificate.", because the Mavic3 Pro weight more than 900 g. But how this "practical course of self-training" looks like?
2023-5-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

With the M3 Pro
If you want to fly in open category A1 -> Prohibited
If you want to fly in open category A2 -> Registration + A1/A3 exam + A2 exam + pratical validated
If you want to fly in open category A3 -> Registration + Exam A1/A3

For practical part, here in Latvia you can either go to a CAA-approved training center or make a sworn statement of your competence with reference to your experience with drones.

In order to find a reliable answer to your question, I invite you to contact the German CAA to find out the exact terms.
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the DJI Mavic 3 Pro has been certified as C2, and all versions of drones have received the C2 class identification labels. You may refer to our fellow DJI Pilots on how to get the in your region. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-3
Use props
matthewbennett
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66086 ft
Spain

In Spain, the A2 is an exam + you declare that you have practiced some practical moves and exercises with your drone (there's a list). It's all EASA so in Germany should be pretty similar. There is also another route which is to go straight from A1/A3 to the advanced STS + practical and then AESA recognises that you have done enough to get the intermediate certificate too. If you're going to do some reading and learning, it's not that much more effort to just do the advanced ones.
2023-5-3
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

free A1/A3 course here:
https://learningzone.eurocontrol ... 5839721/description
Candidates who complete the course will receive a certificate from DAC, which they can download under the heading "Remote Pilot Certificates".
good luck
2023-5-3
Use props
inAgitation
lvl.1

United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 5-3 23:14
free A1/A3 course here:
https://learningzone.eurocontrol.int/ilp/pages/description.jsf?menuId=1106#/users/@self/catalogues/8264768/courses/15839721/description
Candidates who complete the course will receive a certificate from DAC, which they can download under the heading "Remote Pilot Certificates".

(Aah - I just posted a new thread about this when I should have looked around a bit first)

I just did the Luxembourgian A1/A3 test and I can do the A2 training there as well for free.
Do you guys have a recommendation for the official A2 exam that can be done online only?
2023-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules