711 5 2023-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9CZqZ7Oy2K47
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2242956 ft
Cyprus

Hi.
wouldn't be possible to change the centre of rotation during pano shots and 360 shots to the camera sensor from the middle of the drone?
this will reduce parallax stiching errors to a minimum

theoretically would be just like rotating around poi but the poi is the camera sensor

software wise i don't believe is very hard to do, the only issue would be if the drone is able to perform such manoeuvring for close poi

2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried that with a normal camera on a tripod?
It's quite tricky and involves testing and adjusting the centre of rotation by cm or mm to get it correct. I very much doubt such accuracy is possible with an airborne camera.
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_9CZqZ7Oy2K47
lvl.1
Cyprus

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 03:19
Have you tried that with a normal camera on a tripod?
It's quite tricky and involves testing and adjusting the centre of rotation by cm or mm to get it correct. I very much doubt such accuracy is possible with an airborne camera.
Well, i said reduce the effect not eliminate it alltogheter. It won t be perfect but will be better than we have now when the rotating center is the mid of the drone. If it s not a big deal to implement it why not have even slightly better results? As i ve started taking lots of 360, 180 and wide angles shots recently, anything that gives better results in stiching is welcome
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My point was, if, with a tripod mounted camera, a few cm or mm of incorrect positioning can introduce parallex error then, it would be impossible to maintain such positioning accuracy with an airborne drone that is subject to wind even if the drone was low enough for VPS to be responsible for position holding.
Remember GPS error is measured in ft or metres not cm or mm. Yes, when considering ONLY the drone, DJI could possibly program the drone to rotate about the nodal point but when the whole drone can be shifted by ft or m ........
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_9CZqZ7Oy2K47
lvl.1
Cyprus

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 07:02
My point was, if, with a tripod mounted camera, a few cm or mm of incorrect positioning can introduce parallex error then, it would be impossible to maintain such positioning accuracy with an airborne drone that is subject to wind even if the drone was low enough for VPS to be responsible for position holding.
Remember GPS error is measured in ft or metres not cm or mm. Yes, when considering ONLY the drone, DJI could possibly program the drone to rotate about the nodal point but when the whole drone can be shifted by ft or m ........

with the rotation centre in the mid the drone is still susceptible to gps drag, wind etc/. they will just introduce a rotation centre offset to the camera and the drone will use the same measurements from gps as before with a constant offset. if the drone had positioning errors before will have the same errors now as the offset is constant. the distance from the camera to the mid won't change. this offset would be applied automatically when the drone is taking pics in pano mode
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules