Alert from Play Protect when attempting to install DJI GO app
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rewire1
New

United States

Hello!

I just broke my DJI Phantom 3 Professional out from storage, and am rather unhappy to see that the item is telling me that the DJI Go app (which was not on the play store) should not be installed because Play Protect believes the application is "malicious" and "could be used to track me without my knowledge".

Can someone confirm if my old Drone can no longer be used without opening myself up to some security issues?

I do not want to have to buy a seperate device specifically to fly my drone.

Please let me know how to fly my DJI Phantom 3 Pro with an Android device in 2023!
Thanks!
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Rewire1. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. Thank you for your understanding. Do not be concerned. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain complete updates on the app. The DJI official download link is: (www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp). Please note that all APK files will give you an alert from Play Protect since it has not been downloaded from Google Play. Rest assured that it is safe as long as you download if from our official website.
2023-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules