9947 70 2023-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
florinnitu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526572 ft
Romania

Hi,

I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC controller. I also purchased the Integra goggles and Motion 2 controller. The problem I have is that every time I switch from Motion 2 to RC or from RC to Motion 2 I receive the message "Connected Device Not Bound To Aircraft..." and I have to go through the binding process again in my DJI account. Is there any way that I could have both controllers bound to the same drone in my account so I could get rid of this process. It's also an issue if I'd go to an area with no internet signal and I want to switch controllers.

Thank you!
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The goggles can be regarded as a remote controller. If the aircraft is bound to a standard remote controller (DJI RC, DJI RC PRO, or DJI RC-N1), the goggles will prompt the user to change the bound device. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, and change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly.

Note: Like DJI Avata, a binding relationship is established between the aircraft to the goggles.
2023-5-4
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why are more people not complaining about this?   This is really annoying!   Why can't I have both my RC and my goggles bound to the aircraft?   Having to connect a phone and unbind one device and connect another after a few flights is just ridiculous!
2023-5-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

LeafPeeper Posted at 5-12 16:27
Why are more people not complaining about this?   This is really annoying!   Why can't I have both my RC and my goggles bound to the aircraft?   Having to connect a phone and unbind one device and connect another after a few flights is just ridiculous!

You have actually raised a very valid point...

If my radios are already registered as are the drones on my account, why only allow me to fly 5 times before I'm forced to bind the same radio to the same drone again and again and again...
If you need to switch radio in the field, for what ever reason you may have, with no Internet available, you have no hope...

If the binding was related to a radio frequency lock, I would understand it, but the fact that you are allowed to fly 5 times before the binding become compulsory, it really makes no sense...

Once all the radio and all the drones are bound to one account, what's the purpose of removing the bound every time you switch radio controller, unless the customer chose too?

As the binding seem to be related only to security, please leave it on all the time and allow the option to be turned off, if required...

2023-5-12
Use props
fans3c13b81c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116430 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m finding this frustrating too. Its also not intuitive how exactly you can change binding from rc to goggles. Do I have to connect my telephone again? Then what?
2023-5-16
Use props
djiuser_LFNTh713j2Cs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
Canada

Have a Integra goggles Motion 2 controller with a mini 3 pro.

This error is a pain in the ass. I've been trying to troubleshoot it all evening. Updated firmware, repaired everything. It says the memory 2 controller is bound, but yet I get this message every friggin time. DJI please FIX THIS!

2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_LFNTh713j2Cs Posted at 5-16 15:11
Have a Integra goggles Motion 2 controller with a mini 3 pro.

This error is a pain in the ass. I've been trying to troubleshoot it all evening. Updated firmware, repaired everything. It says the memory 2 controller is bound, but yet I get this message every friggin time. DJI please FIX THIS!

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We need to confirm more details for better understanding. Can you confirm whether the device is already bound but you're still getting an error message? If yes, please attach a screenshot of the error message for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans3c13b81c Posted at 5-16 01:04
I’m finding this frustrating too. Its also not intuitive how exactly you can change binding from rc to goggles. Do I have to connect my telephone again? Then what?

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. To change the bound device, you need to use the DJI Fly app (mobile phone). On the app, go to Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Bind/Unbind RC. Please let us know if you have further inquiries.
2023-5-17
Use props
HGHLNDR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
Canada

fans3c13b81c Posted at 5-16 01:04

I got my integra goggles to bind to my device/account by using my ipad mini with dji fly app and logged into my account..
1. turn on the m3p, goggles and motion2 (NOT the rc1 or rcn1 controller)
2. started dji fly app on ipad, ignored it wanting to view the m3p album.
3. connected my goggles to my ipad with a usb-c cable. dji fly app recognizes the goggles and you can view the info on them in Profile/Device Management.
Keep the goggles connected via the cable to your ipad/phone.
4. At the main screen I clicked "Go Fly" and it transitions to the drone's camera view.
5. The message pops up, about the unbound device and you need to bind it.
6. I forget the 3 choices in the menu that pops up when you choose to bind it, but I chose the top one.
7. It goes to another screen where it prompts you to have the goggles bind, takes about 5 seconds after you say yes, and it comes up with a message "Binding Successful!" and the nag message has gone away when using the goggles and flying in fpv!

Hopefully this can work for you.
2023-5-17
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGHLNDR Posted at 5-17 17:20
I got my integra goggles to bind to my device/account by using my ipad mini with dji fly app and logged into my account..
1. turn on the m3p, goggles and motion2 (NOT the rc1 or rcn1 controller)
2. started dji fly app on ipad, ignored it wanting to view the m3p album.

Yeah.   Now go try to fly with the RC.  Eventually you'll be asked to bind the RC again, which will unbind your FPV goggles and motion controller.   This is by far the STUPIDIST thing I've ever seen out of DJI....and they've done a lot of stupid things.
2023-5-18
Use props
Dschaef51
Second Officer
Flight distance : 960318 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also agree. The process should be similar to the process on the smart controller to change aircraft. I would really like to be able to switch between goggles and the RC controller since you can't do the quick shots and panoramas with the goggles.        
2023-5-18
Use props
florinnitu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526572 ft
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-4 19:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The goggles can be regarded as a remote controller. If the aircraft is bound to a standard remote controller (DJI RC, DJI RC PRO, or DJI RC-N1), the goggles will prompt the user to change the bound device. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, and change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly.

Note: Like DJI Avata, a binding relationship is established between the aircraft to the goggles.

Hi,
There are two VERY BIG issues with this approach:
First one is that you need to go through a tedious process to switch between the goggles and the RC. As they are complementary in functionality, it's obvious that people would want to switch often and this should be a fairly easy process and not the opposite
Second one is what happens when I'm flying in a remote location and I don't have Internet access? In my case, I purchased the goggles to use them with the Mini 3 Pro, but DJI is letting me use them only if I have internet access. This is something that needs to be addressed urgently.
2023-5-18
Use props
djiuser_SdKYDiuaDsWl
lvl.1

United States

florinnitu Posted at 5-18 07:01
Hi,
First one is that you need to go through a tedious process to switch between the goggles and the RC. As they are complementary in functionality, it's obvious that people would want to switch often and this should be a fairly easy process and not the opposite

I agree completely and hope DJI provides a solution to seamlessly move from the RC remote to the Goggle/Motion.  It is too much of a hassle to rebind to make it worth it and I will be returning the goggle/motion controller if a more elegant solution doesn’t come in the next 29 days.
2023-5-18
Use props
mark2025comcast.net
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34987 ft
United States

Agree with the above.. just spent a few hours with my new Integra / MC2 kit trying to get it to bind with the M3P and RC controller... doesnt make sense that you have to unbind the RC controller to use the goggles.  Should bind to both.  Please fix in next firmware.
2023-5-18
Use props
Dschaef51
Second Officer
Flight distance : 960318 ft
  • >>>
United States

And while we are on the subject of Integra goggles, how do you get your flight record into the Flight Data Center?
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

florinnitu Posted at 5-18 07:01
Hi,

We totally understand your concern. No worries, we will record this feedback of yours and forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-19
Use props
Marsman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

i agree with all of the above. Hope they will fix this soon.
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_YddmCbq9Tu0c
lvl.1

Australia

I really hope they give us a way to switch controller to goggles to controller without needing to do the whole binding exercise each swap.

Some places the goggles are great, other not (busy places where one needs full awareness as an example). Needing to take an ipad, then go through the whole unbind/bind process is just too painful. Moreso if you are in a remote place without data!

The drone should be able to be bound to two controllers, depending which is turned on first, or from a menu on either of them. Ultimate would be able to lock the drone in it's flight position and swap while it's flying. But I will settle for being able to do it on the ground.

But I really can't see a valid reason at all to need to go into the fly app on one's iPad and do the whole unbind/rebind process.

2023-5-26
Use props
FlyingFabry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109508 ft
Italy

I am afraid I have the very same problem but with different devices.

I’ve just bought the DJI Goggles 2 Motion Combo to fly my DJI Mini 3 PRO in FPV and hopefully take some good video shots with a slightly more dynamic mood.
Of course I still want to be able to use the DJI RC controller for more traditional shots and of course I am gonna be using the drone in remote locations where the Internet connectivity is far from being guaranteed.
This is my use case, but I believe that it is the use case of many other people around here.
Now, giving these circumstances, how can I use my devices without binding back and forth from Goggles to RC ?
Even if it is unavoidable, how can I do that without internet connectivity ?
I kindly ask you an explanation because otherwise I will be forced to send back the Goggles and forget about FPV altogether.

Thank you.
2023-5-31
Use props
FreeFlyer2017
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue. Mavic mini 3 pro with the DJI RC and then bought the new motion controller so I can fly with my goggles 2. I get this stupid message and only have 4 more flights. What will happend when I run out of "flights"? Will one of these devices stop working? I use these goggles with the Mavic mini 3 pro, 03 and original air units. Are you saying O have to unbind and rebind every time I use a different device? This is a terrible user experience.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FreeFlyer2017 Posted at 6-1 09:58
I have the same issue. Mavic mini 3 pro with the DJI RC and then bought the new motion controller so I can fly with my goggles 2. I get this stupid message and only have 4 more flights. What will happend when I run out of "flights"? Will one of these devices stop working? I use these goggles with the Mavic mini 3 pro, 03 and original air units. Are you saying O have to unbind and rebind every time I use a different device? This is a terrible user experience.

Hi, FreeFlyer2017. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Regretfully, when the aircraft is used with an unbound device, the flight times are also limited to five. Therefore, binding the goggles is necessary. We understand and we appreciate your input. We will relay it to the related team for function optimization. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-6-3
Use props
Marsman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151 ft
Netherlands

Hello again,

After some more experimenting with this binding issue, i discovered it's not as big a problem as i was assuming.

Cause, after you activated/bound all your devices, that is your drone, rc, goggles and your motion controller once to your account, all you have to do to switch from rc to goggles is, on your rc go to Pofile, open Device management (Value-added service Tab) hit the 'unbind device', tap next and then confirm. This will remove the 'Not using bound device' warning from your goggles display as you startup your drone with goggles, and everything works fine.

Then when you want to switch back to your rc  you just fire up rc and drone, switch back to Home screen (Screen with the big blue 'GO FLY' button). there you will see a message like 'Bind remote controler or goggles to aircraft to activate DJI Flyaway coverage Bind Now' tap Bind Now then tap Next and confirm. For both binding and unbinding you do need a wifi connection, but that's just a matter of turning on your Hotspot on your phone.
I never have to rebind the goggles, it's just a matter of unbinding and rebinding your rc. If your rc is the bound device the goggles will not bind, if the rc is unbound the goggles seem to bind automaticly and shows no warnings like 'Not using bound device'.

So to unbind your rc is 3 clicks and to rebind your rc is 3 clicks + turn on hotspot on phone. This takes only a couple of seconds.

2023-6-3
Use props
FlyingFabry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109508 ft
Italy

FlyingFabry Posted at 5-31 12:54
I am afraid I have the very same problem but with different devices.

I’ve just bought the DJI Goggles 2 Motion Combo to fly my DJI Mini 3 PRO in FPV and hopefully take some good video shots with a slightly more dynamic mood.

Can DJI care replying to this comment ? I would like to know if we can expect a solution to this issue anytime soon or if this problem will remain unsolved for a long time … thanks.
2023-6-4
Use props
fans1e42bccd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1879075 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just bought the integra goggles and motion 2 and am also getting this binding issue… what if I don’t want to use the goggles every time or other way round do we have to keep in binding. ?
Something not right
2023-6-5
Use props
fans1e42bccd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1879075 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dji you got to sort this out, have mini 3 pro with the rc. Just bought the integra goggles and motion 2    Keep getting this binding notice warning, I don’t want to use the goggles all the time so does this mean I have to bind and unbind to use different things ? This can’t be right, surly we can connect whatever whenever once registered to account,
2023-6-5
Use props
Phil9000
lvl.1
Canada

Marsman Posted at 6-3 12:20
Hello again,

After some more experimenting with this binding issue, i discovered it's not as big a problem as i was assuming.

Hi Marsman. This process still requires an internet connection to work.

I also join the request to have the binding process automated without an internet connection based on which registered remote device links first to the drone every time the drone is switched on.
2023-6-18
Use props
davee930
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354465 ft
Canada

Same stupid problem with me. No fixes yet??
2023-6-23
Use props
davee930
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354465 ft
Canada

mine keeps giving me error messages when I try to change the bound device! WILL NOT TAKE OFF BUT I CAN SEE AND MOVE THE CAMERA WITH THE CONTROLLER
2023-6-23
Use props
djiuser_afk4EPsLaEU5
New
United Kingdom

Hello, I'm just here cos I bought a Mini 3 Pro with both the RC and the Googles 2 and this process is an undesired effect of a security measure that is drastically decreasing the quality of the experience with your products. I'd appreciate it if I can have both the googles with my Motion controller 2 and the RC bound to the same drone, otherwise, why do you sell them in a pack if you are not supposed to use them together??

Thanks
2023-6-29
Use props
juanitolol
New
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-17 09:18
Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. To change the bound device, you need to use the DJI Fly app (mobile phone). On the app, go to Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Bind/Unbind RC. Please let us know if you have further inquiries.

I don't see the Bind/Unbind RC from my Value Added Service panel, is it because I have the DJI care plan??
2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

juanitolol Posted at 6-29 12:02
I don't see the Bind/Unbind RC from my Value Added Service panel, is it because I have the DJI care plan??

Hi, juanitolol. Apologies for the late response. To bind or unbind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft are connected. The Care Refresh Service plan won't affect the binding/unbinding of the RC.
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_tutusC4nuM8F
New

United States

I just recieved my goggles today, and was not understanding why I was getting the message about binding until reading through this forum. Like some others, I will probably end up returning the goggles and controller if this isnt going to be resolved. I will be taking these on a trip to Alaska and no Internet, so if that is required then this is a non-starter. Seems that I would want to switch between my rc and goggles depending on whether I am flying for fun or cinema.
2023-7-14
Use props
SteveC6R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 495719 ft
United States

This is a PITA. I bought the Mini 3 Pro to use with the goggles and like everyone else, I can’t get the controller to pair regardless of what I try.
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SteveC6R Posted at 7-19 19:43
This is a PITA. I bought the Mini 3 Pro to use with the goggles and like everyone else, I can’t get the controller to pair regardless of what I try.

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you tell me what is the model of the goggles and are you maybe getting any error messages?
2023-7-19
Use props
djiuser_AU8V6Mty4LPA
lvl.2

United States

I was having the same issue as many here and the only way I could fly was by plugging the goggles into my Iphone and then binding/switching. Today, I turn on integra goggles and m2 controller first and then the M3P just like always, it found and bound/switched everything with no problem. Not bound message is gone. Turn everything off and switch controllers turning the RC on first then the drone like always, no problems. Not even a prompt to bind/switch like before with the goggles or rc. I don't know what happened but this is the way it should be.

I hope it stays this way. Pick your gear and then just turn them on in proper sequence. Weird that it just fixed itself. 13 days of irritation is gone....for now.
2023-7-20
Use props
SteveC6R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 495719 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-19 23:55
Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you tell me what is the model of the goggles and are you maybe getting any error messages?

No error messages. Goggles 2 that came with my Avata.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SteveC6R Posted at 7-20 18:24
No error messages. Goggles 2 that came with my Avata.

Hi. Do you mind sharing the video of the operation so we can help you further?
2023-7-20
Use props
rid1m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112238 ft

Indonesia

Please provide a solution, how do I change the account if the old owner of drone is gone?
2023-8-18
Use props
EingeLVF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342598 ft

Uruguay

LeafPeeper Posted at 5-12 16:27
Why are more people not complaining about this?   This is really annoying!   Why can't I have both my RC and my goggles bound to the aircraft?   Having to connect a phone and unbind one device and connect another after a few flights is just ridiculous!

facts!!
2023-8-18
Use props
fans9731e441
lvl.1
United States

Yep for me every time I try to Bind the RC or the goggles I get a "Connect to Network" error!  Both the RC or the goggles are connected to my phone with the DJI app running at that time.  I can still fly but it puts a limit on my flights without a "bound controller" as well as tells me it won't be covered if the drone fly's off unexpectantly!  You guys sell all these controllers for a LOT of money so you should fix this ASAP so we can switch between the FPV and the RC easily!
2023-8-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules