3424 25 2023-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aterry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2746 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Sorry if this is going over old ground or I need to post this somewhere else.  (First time on the forum)

My son and I want to fly the same drone (Mini 3 Pro with the RC Controller).  I use it for Search and Rescue but my son wants it for work.  We both need to keep separate flight logs.  I have registered it in my name, so can my son simply get his own account and we log in/off every time each of us use it ?

Thanks in advance.

2023-5-4
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... why should logging out and logging in again not work?  
That could be a good thing.
It's just a bit awkward, sure, but you know that yourself...
2023-5-4
Use props
Aterry
lvl.1
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 5-4 07:57
... why should logging out and logging in again not work?  
That could be a good thing.
It's just a bit awkward, sure, but you know that yourself...

Thank you.    Cool, will give it a go, just wasn't;t sure if I was going to run into a whole load of pain and misery with "binding" and "unbinding" the drone from the controller.  

Cheers
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If one DJI account has been bound to the remote controller and uses the same remote controller and drone, you can log in to another DJI account to fly it. There will be no prompt for binding/unbinding. If you experience any issues, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-4
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-4 20:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If one DJI account has been bound to the remote controller and uses the same remote controller and drone, you can log in to another DJI account to fly it. There will be no prompt for binding/unbinding. If you experience any issues, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!

Thank you for the confirmation...     
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 5-4 22:10
Thank you for the confirmation...

You are very much welcome, Franky. Wish you have a wonderful day ahead, sir!
2023-5-4
Use props
Aterry
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you both for the swift replies - much appreciated.

I have managed to set up and indeed login with the second account for my son and all works fine.  

Thanks again.
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aterry Posted at 5-5 02:26

I have managed to set up and indeed login with the second account for my son and all works fine.  

Do you have fly away insurance on the drone?
Do you have care refresh insurance on the drone?
Both of the above being bought via your account etc.

If so I would suggest that you check whether that insurance will be valid if you son is using his login/account to fly the drone.

If you have neither fly away insurance nor care refresh insurance then my question is irrelevant.
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-4 20:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If one DJI account has been bound to the remote controller and uses the same remote controller and drone, you can log in to another DJI account to fly it. There will be no prompt for binding/unbinding. If you experience any issues, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!

Could you explain the difference in the scenario of this thread and the situation where :-
Person A buys a drone and binds the equipment such that flyaway insurance is valid and active.
WITHOUT undoing the binding Person A then sells the drone to Person B.
Person B then finds that they can not fly the drone with their (Person B's) account because the equipment is bound?
2023-5-5
Use props
Aterry
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 03:39
Do you have fly away insurance on the drone?
Do you have care refresh insurance on the drone?
Both of the above being bought via your account etc.

Hi.  Thanks, but I don't have those - I have separate insurance but yes I do need to check with the Insurers regarding additional users
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aterry Posted at 5-5 03:51
Hi.  Thanks, but I don't have those - I have separate insurance but yes I do need to check with the Insurers regarding additional users

In that case, and assuming it is the same as the binding I was able to establish with my "insurance-lesslis' mini 2, the binding does nothing..... I thought that a great pity
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One other point, I doubt that your app will see the flights flown under your son's login and vice versa but both sets of logs are stored in the same place and accessible to anyone by computer etc. etc.
2023-5-5
Use props
Aterry
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 03:59
One other point, I doubt that your app will see the flights flown under your son's login and vice versa but both sets of logs are stored in the same place and accessible to anyone by computer etc. etc.

hi sean

It seems to have worked fine.  A test flight under his login showed the flight log (and not mine) and then when I switched back to my account, they just showed my previous logs (and not his).  

fingers crossed it stays that way.  

thanks again for taking the time to reply
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aterry Posted at 5-5 04:03
hi sean

It seems to have worked fine.  A test flight under his login showed the flight log (and not mine) and then when I switched back to my account, they just showed my previous logs (and not his).  

Great but really the point I was making is that, if you happen to look via computer attached the the screen device  (e.g. wanted analysis of a log) then both sets of logs will be simultaneously visible and 'mixed' together.
2023-5-5
Use props
Aterry
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 04:13
Great but really the point I was making is that, if you happen to look via computer attached the the screen device  (e.g. wanted analysis of a log) then both sets of logs will be simultaneously visible and 'mixed' together.

Ah.. I see what you mean. Yes good point, and when I was logged on under my account I could see under the device management that my minutes had increased by the rest flight my son had done.

I haven’t tried to interrogate the logs via a computer hook up ( not sure how yet) but I will need to do it a some point.

Only way round that I suppose is to extract them manually  from the spreadsheet - not ideal

Thanks for bearing with me   Cheers
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh I have never referenced the device management totals so haven't looked at that aspect of things.

I don't have the DJI RC controller but I imagine the easiest way to separate the logs for processing on a computer would be to.
On the controller call up the list of one account's flights and then, whilst simultaneously looking at the complete log list via computer, select, on the computer, the appropriate logs from that complete list and move of copy them to one folder on the computer. Then move or copy the alternate logs to a separate folder on the computer.
I do a similar thing to separate different drones flown using the same app but in my case I ONLY move the logs from the phone to the computer, it reduces the work load some what when selecting the next set of logs.
If I want the logs back on my phone I copy them from the computer back to the phone.
2023-5-5
Use props
Aterry
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 06:01
Ahh I have never referenced the device management totals so haven't looked at that aspect of things.

I don't have the DJI RC controller but I imagine the easiest way to separate the logs for processing on a computer would be to.

Fantastic. Thank you. Will try that over the weekend
2023-5-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Aterry Posted at 5-5 02:26

You are most welcome, Aterry. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 03:47
Could you explain the difference in the scenario of this thread and the situation where :-
Person A buys a drone and binds the equipment such that flyaway insurance is valid and active.

Hello, Sean. We will coordinate this with our team for further clarification. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-8
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355574 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2023-5-5 03:47

Hi Sean,
Did you ever get a good answer for this? It's an interesting question.   I bought a Mini 4 pro combo  (used) for a very compelling price. The RC and drone are paired, but they are also bound to another account. It flies fine, but I was hoping to add my account without  fussing with the binding.  I'm struggling o get the original owner to unbind, so until then I would be satisfied to just add my account.
I just don't want to risk bricking the drone by logging out or accidentally unpairing the equipment.  Basically, I don't want to do anything that would require I enter the original owners' password (for fear of losing access to the drone.) Do you think my fear is warranted?
2-5 10:20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RogerWi1co Posted at 2-5 10:20
Hi Sean,
Did you ever get a good answer for this? It's an interesting question.   I bought a Mini 4 pro combo  (used) for a very compelling price. The RC and drone are paired, but they are also bound to another account. It flies fine, but I was hoping to add my account without  fussing with the binding.  I'm struggling o get the original owner to unbind, so until then I would be satisfied to just add my account.
I just don't want to risk bricking the drone by logging out or accidentally unpairing the equipment.  Basically, I don't want to do anything that would require I enter the original owners' password (for fear of losing access to the drone.) Do you think my fear is warranted?

To be honest I don't remember.

If the controller is bound the drone and the drone is bound to a DJI account and you can still fly the drone then I would have thought that your are using the account that created the bindings. If so then that account should be able to undo the bindings and I would undo any bindings ASAP.

When I experimented with binding my mini 2 drones, they are NOT covered by either care refresh or flyaway insurance, I was able to bind the drones to the account I was using but I was UNABLE to bind the controllers to the drones.

I was subsequently able to fly all the drones, without any warnings or restrictions, using any of the controllers and a DJI FLY app logged into ANY account I chose. I.e. the binding did nothing.
If you are able to fly the drone using an app that IS NOT logged into the account that set up the binding then I suspect that you will find that the controller IS NOT bound to the drone and that what binding has been set up is the 'useless' one, i.e of the same 'strength' that I was able to set up.

If you have been able to fly the drone, without any warnings about binding popping up, and think the controller is bound to the drone then I would suggest that you go to the, I think, device management page in the app and check the binding of the drone to a DJI account AND, more tellingly, the controller to the drone. Screen capture both relevant pages and send photos to one of the mods asking them to confirm the 'strength' of the binding. Then try to undo the bindings whilst still logged into that DJI account.

Note, you may have a limited time remaining before the app does an automatic log out, if you have the 'strong' binding the drone may then be grounded unless you know the log in details for the binding account.

All the original owner needs to do is log into the DJI account that set up the binding, this can be done on a phone etc. but the phone MUST be connected to the internet. Once the person is logged into that account the person can undo the binding and that 'release' will be transmitted to the drone and controller the next time the controller is connected to the internet. The original owner DOES NOT need the equipment in their presence to do this.

I woulkd then
2-5 14:47
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-5 14:47
To be honest I don't remember.

If the controller is bound the drone and the drone is bound to a DJI account and you can still fly the drone then I would have thought that your are using the account that created the bindings. If so then that account should be able to undo the bindings and I would undo any bindings ASAP.

Thank you for the extremely thorough reply!  Those are exactly my concerns, but you articulated them much better than I could!
I am definitely able to fly the drone with the paired controller, unrestricted, by logging into my account from years ago. I see all my flight records from my first mini all the way to the recent flight on the current used mini 4 pro.
As expected, the device manager still, shows the drone bound to an email account, with half of the email address obscured with "****".  Naturally, that email isn't mine.
When I look at Device Management and check the controller , in the value-added Service tab,  I see the Remote Controller serial number with a small , barely legible, note saying "Connect your aircraft  and bind your aircraft to a remote controller or goggles to validate DJI Flyaway Coverage."
I don't have Flyaway Coverage, so I assume binding to my account isn't necessary. And if I'm  understanding all this pairing and binding stuff correctly, it also seems to suggest that the remote controller isn't bound an account already. Which is good new for me... I think...LOL... Is that a reasonable assumption?
Thanks again for your thoughts (even long after your original post) I really appreciate it!
2-6 13:13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RogerWi1co Posted at 2-6 13:13
Thank you for the extremely thorough reply!  Those are exactly my concerns, but you articulated them much better than I could!
I am definitely able to fly the drone with the paired controller, unrestricted, by logging into my account from years ago. I see all my flight records from my first mini all the way to the recent flight on the current used mini 4 pro.
As expected, the device manager still, shows the drone bound to an email account, with half of the email address obscured with "****".  Naturally, that email isn't mine.

"As expected, the device manager still, shows the drone bound to an email account, with half of the email address obscured with "****".  Naturally, that email isn't mine. "
That I remember I saw the same thing when flying a bound mini 2 whilst logged into a/the 'wrong' DJI account.

I don't recollect seeing that but that it suggesting that you 'should' bind the controller to the drone suggests to me that the full strength binding thatcan gfround the drone is not active and that you are 'safe' but I wouldn't guarantee that.

"it also seems to suggest that the remote controller isn't bound an account already." As I understand things, the controller is NEVER bound to a DJI account, the controller is bound to the drone.

"all this pairing and binding stuff correctly," I suggest that you, in your mind, separate "binding " and "bound", which relate to insurance etc., from "pairing"/"linking" which relate to establishing a control and communication connection between the drone and the controller.
2-6 13:30
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-6 13:30
"As expected, the device manager still, shows the drone bound to an email account, with half of the email address obscured with "****".  Naturally, that email isn't mine. "
That I remember I saw the same thing when flying a bound mini 2 whilst logged into a/the 'wrong' DJI account.

Thanks again. I'll fly with guarded comfort, and for good measure continue to hunt down <emailname****>@icloud.com  to see if he would release the binding of the drone.  (I believe DJI is willing to send an email. At least that's a start. and it can't hurt)
Cheers!
2-6 14:00
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

Just to close the loop on this. I was able to work closely with a very thorough, knowledgeable and careful DJI  team to bind the second-hand drone to my account.  By following their instructions for proving purchase, contacting reseller and supplying DJI with documentation, all it set up well with my "new" DJI Mini 4 Pro!  !
3-21 19:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RogerWi1co Posted at 3-21 19:22
Just to close the loop on this. I was able to work closely with a very thorough, knowledgeable and careful DJI  team to bind the second-hand drone to my account.  By following their instructions for proving purchase, contacting reseller and supplying DJI with documentation, all it set up well with my "new" DJI Mini 4 Pro!  !

Hi, RogerWi1co. Great to know that your new Mini 4 Pro is all set up now. Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Have a safe flight always!
3-21 19:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules