1999 11 2014-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc.hufnagel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2368264 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P2V+ (about 2 months old), always tilts to one side on a full throttle liftoff.   It quickly straightens up after it leaves the ground but seems to always lift one side a moment before the other.

It behaves normally in flight so I don't know whether to suspect a motor or is this just the nature of the beast?   I take off from a small sidewalk leading to our driveway.

I should add it does not tilt nose or tail forward but to the side.    Usually the left side if the cam is pointing away as it does when I launch.
2014-12-6
Use props
alcampbell
lvl.1

New Zealand

My Phantom tilts forward when it lifts off and then corrects itself immediately.  I have tried correcting it on the sticks but that got untidy and I have found it is better to leave the right stck alone and just give a committed amount of throttle to get it off the ground as quickly as possible.
2014-12-6
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has always done that. Some say you can solve it by using ATTI mode. I just correct by pulling back on the stick. Hand launching is always good for me also. I use prop guards also....that saves things if it does lean too far forward.
2014-12-7
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

My phantom seems to tilt back on takeoff. Therefore, I make sure I don't take off too slow - I go 3/4 to full throttle until I get at aprox 3 feet or more.
2014-12-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to calibrate the IMU, using the advanced calibration and be sure to do it when the Phantom id's on a VERY level surface?
2014-12-7
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Mine also tilts back- a slow increase in revs will tip it over so I give full power on lift off, then hold it at 2 metres until I am sure all is settled and stable- then all is good..
2014-12-9
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mine only does this if the ground is not level.
2014-12-9
Use props
MatChen23
lvl.2
China

You can try to calibrate the IMU with software and GPS (compass), and then find a place with better GPS signal to fly with GPS mode. Otherwise, use ATTI mode when GPS signal is not good enough. Hope this would work.
2014-12-10
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

MatChen23 Posted at 2014-12-10 16:32
You can try to calibrate the IMU with software and GPS (compass), and then find a place with better  ...

what does the drone if it's in ATTI mode and the connection to transmitter is lost? Does it try to return home, land or just hovers in one place (as long as it's not pushed by wind or inertia)? Does it matter if it has good GPS reception or not (in this scenario)?
2014-12-10
Use props
MatChen23
lvl.2
China

ciprianboboc@gm Posted at 2014-12-10 17:12
what does the drone if it's in ATTI mode and the connection to transmitter is lost? Does it try to ...

While the drone is in ATTI mode and connection is lost, the drone will only hover at the same place (without other interference). The GPS signal may not make any difference in this situation.
2014-12-10
Use props
tmgrood
lvl.2
United States

Mine tilted back yesterday and the rear props made contact with the sidewalk.
In a  previous post I questioned whether the culprit was the slight wind blowing or was it due to a firmware upgrade on the controller. Now that I think about it, it could have been that I was a little too careful using the throttle during take off and it may have not had enough thrust for a decent take off.
My first flight was perfect, including take off but I noticed before it tipped yesterday the props weren't spinning or whining as loud during take off.
More Thrust Scotty! I may have solved my own issue.
2014-12-10
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

There are landing skid extenders to prevent this I am going to make and 3d print a set. When its done I'll post pictures.
2014-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules