Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery charging strange completion
1015 11 2023-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cniedzi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28327 ft
Poland

Hi,

Yesterday I bought DJI mini 3 Pro N1. Everytime I charge a battery (via drone USB-C), it fully charges a battery but finishes with 3th LED flashing twice a second. When I check the charging level, all 4 LEDS light on. I tried APPLE iPAD 80W charger, SAMSUNG 25W charger and Baseus 18W charger.

Did you face such behaviour? Could you check what way your Mini 3 Pro finishes charging?
2023-5-5
Use props
Joey Bon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 312283 ft
Thailand

From the manual,

2023-5-5
Use props
cniedzi
lvl.1
Poland

I know that, but the issue only happens when battery is fully charged... Do you know how to avoid this?
2023-5-5
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

Do you have another battery you can try in the drone? This sounds like either a battery firmware problem or that battery's overcharge protection circuit is defective.
2023-5-5
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

" I tried APPLE iPAD 80W charger, SAMSUNG 25W charger and Baseus 18W charger."

If you check the chargers again, they should also tell you the voltage output...

Not all portable chargers are Adaptive charger and they are not all the same output either!

DJI recommend to use their own charger, but in reality any charger that has the correct voltage output for the given battery bank (in the case of the mini they are 2S batteries or 9 Volts Max) and around the 2.5-3.0 Amps will be fine..

To give you an idea I got a Samsung charger that only has 9 Volts at 1.67Amp or 5 Volts at 2 Amp. Another Samsung charger I got, has 5 Volts at 3 Amp, 12 Volts at 2.5 Amp and 20 volts at 2.0 Amp.

If you charge your battery too quickly (high wattage output) they will get hot and not last very long.
That's also why DJI recommend their own charger that has a max of 30 Watts only of output for the Mini series...

In your case, it sounds like you are charging the battery too quickly, that's why they are fully charged but also too hot..

2023-5-5
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-5 14:59
" I tried APPLE iPAD 80W charger, SAMSUNG 25W charger and Baseus 18W charger."

If you check the chargers again, they should also tell you the voltage output...

The battery will only use the power it needs and at the correct level too.

Most likely the OP didn't update the batteries when they did the FW updates.

2023-5-5
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cniedzi Posted at 5-5 10:45
I know that, but the issue only happens when battery is fully charged... Do you know how to avoid this?

Hi, if you have more than one battery, did you insert the rest of the batteries after you did the updates? If not, you must insert each battery and run the update again (from the about menu, Aircraft Firmware check update), you have to do this for every battery you have so that it can update the battery firmware too.

If the above is not the case, then there is a possibility that you may have a duff battery.
2023-5-5
Use props
cniedzi
lvl.1
Poland

Hi Guys,

Currently I have only one battery, but I've ordered Fly More kit and DJI charger. I updated the drone with battery installed. The strangest thing is the isssue has gone after few flights and chargings.
PS. Should I update the dron again with every new battery?
2023-5-6
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

cniedzi Posted at 5-6 00:39
Hi Guys,

Currently I have only one battery, but I've ordered Fly More kit and DJI charger. I updated the drone with battery installed. The strangest thing is the isssue has gone after few flights and chargings.

Yeah. Put new batteries in the drone and check for FW updates.

Note: not every drone FW update requires a battery FW update.
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cniedzi. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following steps below:
1. Please unplug the charger, and plug it in again to resume charging.
2. If you are using a third-party charger, please try to use the Recommended Charger (DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers).
3. If the battery level is more than 95%, the battery will not be charged when it is inserted into the battery charging hub or the aircraft. The battery can be charged only when the battery level is lower than 95%.
2023-5-6
Use props
cniedzi
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 23:41
Hi, cniedzi. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following steps below:
1. Please unplug the charger, and plug it in again to resume charging.
2. If you are using a third-party charger, please try to use the Recommended Charger (DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers).

Hi DJI Gamora,

Unfortunately, unplugging and plugging didn't help. But... now, after few flights and chargings the issue has gone...
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

cniedzi Posted at 5-7 01:05
Hi DJI Gamora,

Unfortunately, unplugging and plugging didn't help. But... now, after few flights and chargings the issue has gone...

Hi, cniedzi. Thank you for the update. Glad that it is okay now and thank you for sharing the resolution as well. Have a safe flight always!
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules