Nearly hit the head of a biker
816 8 2023-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
computermobil
lvl.1
Austria

I almost hit a cyclist's head on that flight.
Be careful not to make the same serious mistakes I did in this video.
It all starts when I set the Air to "track me" mode and stowed the remote in my backpack.
What's supposed to happen.....?

Video is with English and German subtitles

2023-5-5
Use props
skawzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343766 ft
Serbia

Are you real ? 1:00 time. You said you didn't have time to dig the remote control out of a backpack and instead of taking the remote control, you decide to chase the drone with a bicycle.

You had almost 1 minute I guess to take control of your drone.
2023-5-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Do you know that you can set a spot on the map for RTH? In your case, I would set the point up ahead and off the path at a previously picked location. Make sure it's level with no trees or bushes.
2023-5-5
Use props
computermobil
lvl.1
Austria

skawzy Posted at 5-5 10:06
Are you real ? 1:00 time. You said you didn't have time to dig the remote control out of a backpack and instead of taking the remote control, you decide to chase the drone with a bicycle.

You had almost 1 minute I guess to take control of your drone.

YOu are right, thank you. But that was my first try with the tracking mode and i get a bit nervos. Anyway, happy that nobody gets hurt.
2023-5-5
Use props
computermobil
lvl.1
Austria

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-5 10:10
Do you know that you can set a spot on the map for RTH? In your case, I would set the point up ahead and off the path at a previously picked location. Make sure it's level with no trees or bushes.

Thank you, yes, now i know, and the next time i will prepare my flight better!
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A perfect demonstration of why I think putting a controller in a back pack is such a BAD idea.
Also, is it possible to switch low battery RTH off prior to being notified about it and or its happening?
Your RTH height was inappropriate - too low for the local environment, it's perhaps lucky that that rookery(?)  was empty.
Why cycle so far from the home point that the drone reached its range limit?
Since the drone appears to have performed a "precision landing" why take off from the road in the first place?
I would also question the wisdom of tracking at such a low height especially on a road used by others.
2023-5-5
Use props
computermobil
lvl.1
Austria

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 11:48
A perfect demonstration of why I think putting a controller in a back pack is such a BAD idea.
Also, is it possible to switch low battery RTH off prior to being notified about it and or its happening?
Your RTH height was inappropriate - too low for the local environment, it's perhaps lucky that that rookery(?)  was empty.

thanks , You mention a few points that I will do better in the future.
2023-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

computermobil Posted at 5-5 11:53
thanks , You mention a few points that I will do better in the future.

Great, then the flight has not been in vain, btw, nice countryside, very Sound of Music looking.
2023-5-5
Use props
skawzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343766 ft
Serbia

computermobil Posted at 5-5 10:12
YOu are right, thank you. But that was my first try with the tracking mode and i get a bit nervos. Anyway, happy that nobody gets hurt.

Yes, it's a bad idea to put the drone in a backpack.

And sorry for this hard comment, I totally understand you now. You become nervous and panic about what will happen to your drone, whether will it crash or hurt someone. In that situation, it's very hard to think fast and normally.

If you want to drive a bicycle safely with both hands, I suggest to by a holder for the drone controller on the steering wheel so your controller will be close to your hands and you will also have a visual of the drone itself.
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules