o(^-^)o
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

Hardware:
--DJI Mavic 3
--RC-N1 Controller
--iPhone 13

All firmware is up to date.  HOWEVER:  After powering up I am prompted to update the DJI Flysafe database, and the update fails repeatedly after reaching 40%.  

Otherwise the controller and drone power on and link correctly.  The camera links to the iPhone and the gimbal tilt control on the remote works correctly.

In Preflight Check, in the upper right hand corner in red letters: "Unable to Take Off."  Message underneath says "Aircraft not in flight.  Vision System and obstacle sensing unavailable.  (Code: 180059)."  On the main flight screen, the Sensors Status Indicator in the upper right-hand corner is red, and pressing it brings up the following:
     FWD and BKWD unavailable
     LEfT/RIGHT unavailable
     UP/DOWN unavailable

I cannot command the aircraft to take off, either by using the auto takeoff function or by manually commanding via the control sticks.

I have performed numerous power off/on cycles of the controller and drone to no avail.

Please offer troubleshooting assistance, and let me know if any additional info is needed.

Thanks!
Edit to add:  The drone has never crashed, been mishandled, or gotten wet.

2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

Adding:  I have plenty of ambient light, so the sensors should be getting lots of light.
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

Should I attempt to reflash the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)?  And also to try to get a complete Flysafe update?
2023-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, for error code 180059, please note that the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. As for the 'Unable to Take Off' issue, may I ask did you try to test it outside an open place? Please update the database again to see if the issue still exists. If yes, please provide us with a screenshot or screen recording for further confirmation.
2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

As mentioned in the original post, the Flysafe database will not update.  It repeatedly fails update at 40% complete. This is with a strong WIFI connection.

All attempts at flight have been outdoors with lighting ranging from strong ambient to full mid-day unshaded light.  Available light is not the problem.

Screenshot from the Preflight page is shown.  Edit to add:  I received the same result (minus the Altitude Zone notification) when I attempted to fly in unrestricted airspace.

2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

More info that may help:

I had not used the drone in a few months, and when I powered up I was prompted for a firmware update which I initiated, and the update seemed to install with no issues.  However, as stated above, the Flysafe database will not update.

Also, something new is happening after this firmware update:  After power up and establishing a connection between the drone and the controller, with DJI Fly open, within about a minute I am receiving some kind of odd-sounding, unintelligible verbal prompt or notice.  It is either garbled or in a non-English language. Then a short time later I'll get the standard "home point has been updated" prompt very clearly, as normal.

I'm starting to think that the firmware update was corrupted or interrupted.
2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

Additional reply to Mindy:

Yes, the drone was in open space, free of obstacles and obstructions.
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you very much for your detailed updated information.
If you can not update the Flysafe database successfully, could you please try to switch networks and use wifi or mobile data networks again?
Besides, we noticed you meet some problems after updating the firmware, may we have a related video as well?
Then we can check the details better and offer you related assistance asap.
Thank you again in advance.
2023-5-7
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

Quick update:

I have experienced this issue in two separate geographical areas over two separate networks and ISPs.  The issue is identical in both.

I did utilize DJI Assistant 2 (For Consumer Drone Series) to update the Flysafe database (and it did update successfully) and to refresh the drone firmware.  I also refreshed the controller firmware. The issue persists.
Edit:  Per your suggestion I switched my iPhone off WIFI and to the data network, powered everything up, and the issue persists.

Let me know if there is any additional information that would be helpful.

Thanks.
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg Posted at 5-7 04:47
Quick update:

I have experienced this issue in two separate geographical areas over two separate networks and ISPs.  The issue is identical in both.

Could you please tell us or provide us with a screenshot to check the current app version, firmware version, and database version? Please also provide us with a screenshot of the update fail message.
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

As I mentioned above, I was able to update Flysafe using the DJI Assistant 2 app on my PC.  Here are screenshots of the current firmware/ software versions:

2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg Posted at 5-8 13:56
As I mentioned above, I was able to update Flysafe using the DJI Assistant 2 app on my PC.  Here are screenshots of the current firmware/ software versions:

[view_image]

Hi there, flysafe database version V01.00.01.29 is already the latest version indeed.
May we double confirm the issue you experienced? You have the error of flying in an altitude zone and the altitude is limited, right? May I know the longitude and latitude of your flight location?
Or is it the issue that you received the odd-sounding prompt after starting the drone? Could you please provide a video of this case for better confirmation?

Please let me know if I misunderstand the issue. Thank you.
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

This issue is this:

Even in unrestricted airspace, the drone will not take off.  I cannot command takeoff either by the autotakeoff feature or by manual control with the sticks.  Also, I am getting that strange-sounding prompt or notification within a couple minutes of powering up, which I did not get before upgrading firmware.

In my home area, which is in altitude-restricted controlled airspace, before updating to the latest firmware I was able to take off and fly, and cannot do so any more.

Location 1, unrestricted airspace:  32.881316, -98.496105
Location 2, my "at home" area:      32.718762, -97.419664

I will record a video later this morning.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg Posted at 5-9 04:28
This issue is this:

Even in unrestricted airspace, the drone will not take off.  I cannot command takeoff either by the autotakeoff feature or by manual control with the sticks.  Also, I am getting that strange-sounding prompt or notification within a couple minutes of powering up, which I did not get before upgrading firmware.

Thanks, you can upload the video to Google Drive or Dropbox and then send us the link here. Looking forward to your update.
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE:

After happening upon a thread regarding Remote ID, I updated the DJI Fly app on my iPhone and am now able to fly successfully. After updating the app I was immediately able to power up and fly.  I performed several power cycles and takeoffs and landings, and the drone now appears to be flying as intended.  The current app verson is 1.10.1, the previous version was 1.5.10.

Apparently the issue had something to do with Remote ID; I'm guessing that my latest firmware load was compliant but the app was not, and now is.  In fact, the preflight screen now displays a Remote ID message that did not exist before - shown below.

Thanks to the DJI support team for keeping an eye on this thread.  

2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg Posted at 5-12 15:44
UPDATE:

After happening upon a thread regarding Remote ID, I updated the DJI Fly app on my iPhone and am now able to fly successfully. After updating the app I was immediately able to power up and fly.  I performed several power cycles and takeoffs and landings, and the drone now appears to be flying as intended.  The current app verson is 1.10.1, the previous version was 1.5.10.

Thank you for your update on this case and your feedback about how it is solved in the end. Happy and safe flying.
2023-5-12
Use props
e1cofppx
lvl.1
United States

I have similar problem. Brand new Mavic 3 Pro.  Will not take off.  Red Icon on controller Vision Sensor All stick functions unavailable.  Ready to send back as defective.
3-13 08:19
Use props
djiuser_nYjxbZmvHJEg
lvl.1

United States

e1cofppx Posted at 3-13 08:19
I have similar problem. Brand new Mavic 3 Pro.  Will not take off.  Red Icon on controller Vision Sensor All stick functions unavailable.  Ready to send back as defective.

Make sure that your firmware and your iPhone app are up to date.  
3-13 10:14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

e1cofppx Posted at 3-13 08:19
I have similar problem. Brand new Mavic 3 Pro.  Will not take off.  Red Icon on controller Vision Sensor All stick functions unavailable.  Ready to send back as defective.

Hi, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. When the aircraft firmware is v01.00.04.00 or an earlier version, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please feel free to use them.
However, when the aircraft firmware is v01.00.05.00 or a later version, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please feel free to use them. Thank you.
3-13 10:58
Use props
e1cofppx
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-13 10:58
Hi, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. When the aircraft firmware is v01.00.04.00 or an earlier version, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please feel free to use them.
However, when the aircraft firmware is v01.00.05.00 or a later version, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please feel free to use them. Thank you.

Been there, done that.  Does not work.  
3-13 11:35
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

e1cofppx Posted at 3-13 11:35
Been there, done that.  Does not work.

Thank you for your response. Could you please confirm that the current flight mode is not "S" mode? If not, may we confirm that the APAS function is normally turned on? Also, could you please try to fly the aircraft in a different environment with sufficient brightness?
If the issue still persists, please provide a screen recording video in an environment with sufficient brightness for further checking. Please save it to the shareable link in Dropbox or Google Drive. Thank you for your cooperation.
3-13 16:29
Use props
djiuser_0RQHg9U3kdrI
New
Flight distance : 35246 ft
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2023-5-6 03:00
Hi there, for error code 180059, please note that the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. As for the 'Unable to Take Off' issue, may I ask did you try to test it outside an open place? Please update the database again to see if the issue still exists. If yes, please provide us with a screenshot or screen recording for further confirmation.

Estou com o mesmo problema com meu Mini 4 Pro, só que no meu caso não consigo nem ligar os motores.
yesterday 15:43
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_0RQHg9U3kdrI Posted at 4-24 15:43
Estou com o mesmo problema com meu Mini 4 Pro, só que no meu caso não consigo nem ligar os motores.

Hello, there. May we know if you tried different methods (Combination Stock Command and Take Off in the DJI FLY App)to take off the drone?
Did both methods fail to start the motor or just one of them?
Were there any other error messages?
yesterday 18:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules