Using HB How to calibrate the Horizon level
968 5 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

How to Calibrate the Horizon level. this is not the Fix for Horizon balance, two different scenarios, D J I  World needs to adjust the parameters on  their camera to  stop the  ever so rolling of the film at the start of some clips, its Randon, using Horizon Balance.   
1. We are not allowed to  reload firmware on, DJI will request a Factor yreset
2. We are not allowed to refresh firmware, DJI will request a factory reset

A) the fix is not to use HB
B) the Resolution  is check for the official website to [;ace on new firmware and keep checking back

2023-5-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

"D J I  World needs to adjust the parameters on  their camera to  stop the  ever so rolling of the film at the start of some clips"
What does this mean? I've never experienced any type of "rolling". I also assume that the horizon calibration was already done at the factory so "ideally" no further calibration is needed. Unfortunately, DJI does not mention why and when such a calibration would be needed and for what occasions.

Also, what does it mean "place it on a flat surface" - based on the instructions on the display? I placed it on a surface with about 10 degrees inclination. But the surface itself fas flat. Not bumpy or curved. The calibration still passed even thought the camera was tilted. After this, my HB recording was still fine. So what's the point of the horizon calibration?

I would love to have DJI provide some sensible answers as opposed to keeping quiet. I've asked this question months ago (I believe) around the time I purchased the camera but didn't get any answers of what's the point of the calibration when it passes even with a tilted camera. Still no answer...

2023-5-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Ever own an Insta 360, you do need to do the calibration  when you first get, or else your video will be "all over the place" that is  the reason for calibration,  to set the gyro back to center
2023-5-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I don't own an Insta but I remember when I bought my Osmo I didn't calibrate it just started shooting and the footage didn't have any issues. I did calibrate it though. Don't want the Osmo catch the flu!
2023-5-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I hear ya, I feel these things do not need to be  in the camera, even temp threshold
2023-5-6
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 5-6 06:44
"D J I  World needs to adjust the parameters on  their camera to  stop the  ever so rolling of the film at the start of some clips"
What does this mean? I've never experienced any type of "rolling". I also assume that the horizon calibration was already done at the factory so "ideally" no further calibration is needed. Unfortunately, DJI does not mention why and when such a calibration would be needed and for what occasions.

The surface must be aligned horizontally!
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules