File corruption
721 16 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhotoTJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144062 ft
United States

A couple of times on longer flights, I've had something wrong with the mp4.  Seems to be, for want of a better term, 'unopenable'.  Funny thing, I had it happen once on my Mini and once (today), on my Mini 3 Pro.

Suggestions? Ideas?  Am I an idiot?  (Never wanna rule out operator error.)
2023-5-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you stop the recording before you switched the drone off?
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, PhotoTJ. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such concerns. We need to verify more details. Where do you playback the videos which cannot be opened? If possible, kindly post a screenshot of the error when you try to access them. Also, what specific SD card model are you using? We'll be waiting for your update.
2023-5-8
Use props
Halloween1969
lvl.2
Ireland

Yes, as below try turning off recording before drone lands / goes off, same thing happened to me, got that advice here!
2023-5-8
Use props
PhotoTJ
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-6 14:43
Did you stop the recording before you switched the drone off?

Interesting question, to be honest, I don't recall.  I'll put that in my landing checklist and see if it happens again.  Given that it has only happened twice, I'm inclined to think that could be the problem.  

Thanks!
2023-5-8
Use props
PhotoTJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-8 00:32
Hi, PhotoTJ. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such concerns. We need to verify more details. Where do you playback the videos which cannot be opened? If possible, kindly post a screenshot of the error when you try to access them. Also, what specific SD card model are you using? We'll be waiting for your update.

I tried opening in both Quicktime and Final Cut X, I am going to do a couple of experiments to see if it is a shutdown before stopping recording issue.  If I am unable to duplicate it while following a new landing checklist, I am going to assume it was operator error, and the new procedure has alleviated the issue.  Thanks!
2023-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhotoTJ Posted at 5-8 09:53
Interesting question, to be honest, I don't recall.  I'll put that in my landing checklist and see if it happens again.  Given that it has only happened twice, I'm inclined to think that could be the problem.

If you do that, the fix that sometimes works is to switch the drone on again, let it boot and then, if you want, switch the drone off again.
I usually remember I haven't stopped the recording just as soon as the drone starts to shut down.
2023-5-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

PhotoTJ Posted at 5-8 09:57
I tried opening in both Quicktime and Final Cut X, I am going to do a couple of experiments to see if it is a shutdown before stopping recording issue.  If I am unable to duplicate it while following a new landing checklist, I am going to assume it was operator error, and the new procedure has alleviated the issue.  Thanks!

Try putting the sd card back in. Restart the drone, start a new video then stop it. When you turn off the drone before stopping the recording, it doesn't close properly. Starting a new one and stopping it properly closes all the previous recordings.
2023-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-8 10:01
Try putting the sd card back in. Restart the drone, start a new video then stop it. When you turn off the drone before stopping the recording, it doesn't close properly. Starting a new one and stopping it properly closes all the previous recordings.

Beat ya to it by milli seconds lol
2023-5-8
Use props
PhotoTJ
lvl.1
United States

Try putting the sd card back in. Restart the drone, start a new video then stop it. When you turn off the drone before stopping the recording, it doesn't close properly. Starting a new one and stopping it properly closes all the previous recordings.

Excellent, thanks for the tip!  Will give it a shot!
2023-5-8
Use props
PhotoTJ
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-8 10:01
If you do that, the fix that sometimes works is to switch the drone on again, let it boot and then, if you want, switch the drone off again.
I usually remember I haven't stopped the recording just as soon as the drone starts to shut down.

I'll try it in a few, Thanks!
2023-5-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-8 10:03
Beat ya to it by milli seconds lol

You know I hate you?
2023-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-8 12:16
You know I hate you?

S.W.A.L.K or is that out dated now lol.
2023-5-8
Use props
PhotoTJ
lvl.1
United States

Well, gave it a try, the new vids are fine, the old one still won't open.
2023-5-8
Use props
PhotoTJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-8 00:32

It literally just says QuickTime Player can't open "DJI_0337.MP4",
and I'm using a SanDisk Extreme 128GB Micro SD V30 XC1 U3 A2
2023-5-8
Use props
Theynine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67215 ft
United States

My DJI mini pro has just started doing the same thing bandicam 2023-05-11 03-37-27-803.png You can only view in an RLV viewer.  Windows media wont play it,  and Cyberlink powerdirector cant
open it either.   I tried decorrupting software,  and THAT viewer can show the video.  But even after
'repair'  you still cant open the file on basic viewers.
2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PhotoTJ Posted at 5-8 09:57

Thanks for the update. We can see that the new recorded videos are working fine, but the old one still cannot be opened. Kindly share a copy of the original video here and the resolution used. Thank you.
2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules