RC-N1 Firmware update not possible
2133 12 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxam7
lvl.1

Greece

Hello, i am running a recently purchased RC-N1 with firmware V02.00.1200 that i can not upgrade to the latest version as i am faced with the following errors:

1) on DJI Assistant v2 (Consumer Drone Series) v2.1.18.8 i am getting two errors. First it says: "Server Exception (2-0)" with the option to Retry and after retry it tells me there are "NO FLIGHT LOGS"....so i cant upgrade
2) on DJI FLy app v 1.10.1 I get the error RC Controller version "N/A" and no option to upgrade...

I have read the forum and elsewhere but have not been able to find a solution, so appreciate your help on this.
ServerException.jpg
noFLightLogs.jpg
DJI_Fly.jpg
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Maxam7. Thanks for getting in touch. First, click on the connection guide in the DJI Fly app. Next, select the corresponding aircraft model. The app will then prompt you to update the RC firmware. After successfully updating the app, reconnect to the DJI Assistant 2 software.  I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-5-6
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 21:05
Hi, Maxam7. Thanks for getting in touch. First, click on the connection guide in the DJI Fly app. Next, select the corresponding aircraft model. The app will then prompt you to update the RC firmware. After successfully updating the app, reconnect to the DJI Assistant 2 software.  I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Doesn't work. At least for me.
2023-5-7
Use props
Maxam7
lvl.1

Greece

Dear Gamora and Natalia thank you for your prompt replies/help! I of course tried that in the app multiple times after i purchased the drone (mini 2). But as you will see from the attached screenshot the RC firmware is not recognised by the Fly app and upon checking the firmware update for the drone i also get an error. In my opinion the problem seem to be that the RC has been shipped with too old version that the Fly app now does not "recognise" (as you can see from the attachment) which also "prohibits" me from binding the RC to the drone for flyaway protection....SO any other alternative option to "force" the RC to upgrade firmware from v2 to v4 will really be appreciated....  
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FTrindade Posted at 5-7 06:15
Doesn't work. At least for me.

Hi, FTrindade. Thank you for joining the thread. Can you please give us more information about the issue that you're experiencing so that we can provide you with further troubleshooting? Also, please provide the devices that you're having issues with. Thank you.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Maxam7 Posted at 5-7 12:21
[view_image]Dear Gamora and Natalia thank you for your prompt replies/help! I of course tried that in the app multiple times after i purchased the drone (mini 2). But as you will see from the attached screenshot the RC firmware is not recognised by the Fly app and upon checking the firmware update for the drone i also get an error. In my opinion the problem seem to be that the RC has been shipped with too old version that the Fly app now does not "recognise" (as you can see from the attachment) which also "prohibits" me from binding the RC to the drone for flyaway protection....SO any other alternative option to "force" the RC to upgrade firmware from v2 to v4 will really be appreciated....

Hi, Maxam7. Thank you for the reply. Since the issue persists, please provide us with the following details below:

1. App version and app log.
How to export app log:
Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, the path for the app log is as follows: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG, and then export the data in the """"LOG"""" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the ""Logs"" folder.

2. App update operation video which can show that you clicked "connection guide" first and then choose the corresponding aircraft model.

3. DA2 log:

We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-5-9
Use props
shaneZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4596 ft
United States

I also have the same problem, App shows the RC version as "N/A", and the windows application can not show available firmware either.
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shaneZhang Posted at 5-12 10:29
I also have the same problem, App shows the RC version as "N/A", and the windows application can not show available firmware either.

Hi, shaneZhang. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Can you confirm if you're using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) version? If yes, and the issue is the same, kindly refer to the suggestions posted by DJI Gamora above (#8). Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-5-13
Use props
shaneZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4596 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 03:08
Hi, shaneZhang. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Can you confirm if you're using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) version? If yes, and the issue is the same, kindly refer to the suggestions posted by DJI Gamora above (#7). Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi, the version of my DJI Assistant 2 is V2.1.18. For the other solution, I also tried, but DJI Fly can not recognize the firmware version of the RC.
2023-5-31
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

FWIW I connected my RC-N1 to my Mac and opened DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and it showed the controller and noted I was up to date with an option to refresh so it's not an issue with the app/controller per se but rather something with your setup. I just mention this fwiw.   I see in your jpg the comment there was a "Server Exception" so I would never expect things to be correct in that circumstance. Any screenshots showing that are expected to be examples that fail.
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shaneZhang Posted at 5-31 12:37
Hi, the version of my DJI Assistant 2 is V2.1.18. For the other solution, I also tried, but DJI Fly can not recognize the firmware version of the RC.

We're sorry to read the issue remains. Please export the data needed for the investigation (see post #8). We'd like to forward to our engineers. Once you have them, kindly send them via PM. Thank you.
2023-6-3
Use props
djiuser_h2eYyUA4vj2j
New
Flight distance : 39 ft

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 6-3 06:33
We're sorry to read the issue remains. Please export the data needed for the investigation (see post #8). We'd like to forward to our engineers. Once you have them, kindly send them via PM. Thank you.

Mine doesn’t work either. Drone updates but N/A for RC. Used desktop app server error and no firmware there. Yes did the connection routine. As of 8/14 I have latest app on iOS (current).
My first time with DJI so frustrating.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_h2eYyUA4vj2j Posted at 8-13 05:58
Mine doesn’t work either. Drone updates but N/A for RC. Used desktop app server error and no firmware there. Yes did the connection routine. As of 8/14 I have latest app on iOS (current).
My first time with DJI so frustrating.

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Just to make sure you're using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones series)? You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep me posted once confirmed. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules