Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

is this anyone here?

i have no comment, please leave your opinions on what you see.

2023-5-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Why don't you leave your opinion first on what you see?
2023-5-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-6 20:41
Why don't you leave your opinion first on what you see?

i really dont have much of an opinion because people fly their drones in different ways.  i mostly fly with a purpose either to get better at something in particular or to improve my skills or gather footage which could later be used in a video.  i guess i prefer not to fly my drone from such an exposed wide-open place where everyone passing by can see me.  i supposed he took his family out on the bridge and wanted to show off his drone.  still, my guess is if he had maintained vlos, this crash would not have happened.
2023-5-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-6 20:57
i really dont have much of an opinion because people fly their drones in different ways.  i mostly fly with a purpose either to get better at something in particular or to improve my skills or gather footage which could later be used in a video.  i guess i prefer not to fly my drone from such an exposed wide-open place where everyone passing by can see me.  i supposed he took his family out on the bridge and wanted to show off his drone.  still, my guess is if he had maintained vlos, this crash would not have happened.

I'm 100% with you on this... I too, like to fly with a purpose and I don't like being watched while I'm flying the drone...

The end of the video is good... The camera seems to be waterproof...

The fisherman fishing under the bridge, probably got the drone now...

2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting how long it recorded for under water.  
2023-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, never knew a Mi3 could film under water.
2023-5-7
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft
United Kingdom

i expected it to hit the bridge  
2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm just glad it wasn't me. I wonder if he was trying out Mastershots. Flying sideways without obstacle avoidance and watching the screen rather than the drone?
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 5-7 01:32
I'm just glad it wasn't me. I wonder if he was trying out Mastershots. Flying sideways without obstacle avoidance and watching the screen rather than the drone?

You can see in the video that he was only using the screen on the Radio to fly... He was also turning around while going forward, making it impossible to see any side obstacles...
2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 01:49
You can see in the video that he was only using the screen on the Radio to fly... He was also turning around while going forward, making it impossible to see any side obstacles...

Yes. Recipe for disaster.
2023-5-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
France

Most certainly a relatively new pilot that much was evident, to be honest, i was expecting a vehicular accident with it, at least there's that...
2023-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sad to see as he turned his Mini 3 into an underwater drone.  I'm really amazed at how long it still filmed while underwater.  Lesson learned by that pilot we can only hope.  
2023-5-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Looks to me like he was relying on OA just a littlw too much!!
2023-5-7
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I owned the mini 3 pro on 2 occasions and wayyyy too many people think "oh, I'm a badass, I got the 'PRO' version"

Well, my previous PEO version was hovering 10ft off the ground once, guess the PEO failed because a tiny and I mean tiny bit of wind was enough for the branch to bitch slap it to the floor.

Luckily I had 2 years care refresh, so had a brand new one back.

So, purposely drove to the most amazing place, no houses, pylons, nowt...Nada.

Took off, after 100ft is disconnected and would not reconnect.

I said to my mate "All Is good, It's a DFI, It will be back any second"

NOT!

After 1 hour waiting (lol) I was like,grrrr you have got to be kidding me!

Sent logs off to DJI, and they said "NOPE," logs show you flew 3,000 m directly into a mountain!!!!

Yeah, OK then, dream on.

At the time though I was going through so much poop I just could not be bothered to argue so, biting my tongue I said "how much will it be if I buy one right now on my card"

Basically, they said they would knock 30% off, so I bout another 'PEO'

Awesome, It's arrived. Grabbed my phone, took lots of pics and SOLD THE HYPED up so-called PRO.

Owned the Standard Mini 3 now for a while, and It is absolutely fantastic, trust me anyone who thinks they 'NEED' the pro, you don't save your money, spend It on the missus, kids, save it, do whatever, but trust me, I'm no expert, but I have a lot of experience and IMHO....buy the pro? JUST SAY NO!

Flyer ID = yes

DJI M600, Mini 2, Mini 3 Pro x 3 Now, my fav' which Is standard mini 3.

My next one is going to be Mavic 3 classic, but no way hozay am I getting rid of my Mini 3 - no way ;-)

Matt

1111.png
ffff.jpg
2023-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice flight, only the end...

But is this footage from the SD card ?  if yes than he has has wet drone back...

At 1.37 in the video you can spot the tree wich won from the drone.

cheers
JJB
2023-5-8
Use props
Sailorboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71227 ft
United States

Yes it has to be from the SD card because radio waves do not travel through the water. Drone had to be recovered for this footage.
2023-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules