Mavic 3 MTOW
5249 7 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8967323 ft
Australia

Not that I am interesting in delilvery or carrying large payload. However, most flight approval forms do request for MTOW (max. take off weight) hence I would like to know what it is for Mavic 3, please. This information is interestingly difficult to find, or to find a consistent answer.

The following website suggests max payload capacity is 4.5kg while max take off weight it 2.5kg. Doesn't make sense at all and I am sure they are talking about something else, not the Mavic 3.
https://ts2.space/en/the-dji-mavic-3-and-its-customizable-payload-configurations/#:~:text=For%20starters%2C%20the%20maximum%20take,that%20the%20drone%20can%20carry.

Dji's Mavic 3 enterprise based on the same platform says 1050g max hence about 150g payload capacity.
https://www.dji.com/au/mavic-3-enterprise/specs

The following YouTube video suggests max is about 727g where flight time / performance and altitude must be expected to be drastically reduced.

What is the official MTOW actually? Thanks.
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
The max takeoff weight of DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series is 1050 g and for DJI Mavic 3, it is 895 g.
We hope this information helps.
2023-5-6
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-6 19:58
Hi, there.
The max takeoff weight of DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series is 1050 g and for DJI Mavic 3, it is 895 g.
We hope this information helps.

Hi Natalia,

Thanks heaps for the quick reply! The MTOW of Mavic 3 can't be 895g. If it were, it can't carry anything like lights, prop guards, wide angle filter, etc. some of which are dji genuine parts sold by dji. And, taking Mavic 3E as example, specs on dji site (excerpt below), indicating they can carry more than just the RPA itself.
>
  • Weight (with propellers, without accessories) [1]
  • DJI Mavic 3E: 915 g
    DJI Mavic 3T: 920 g
  • Max Takeoff Weight
  • DJI Mavic 3E: 1,050 g
    DJI Mavic 3T: 1,050 g
>
source: https://enterprise.dji.com/mavic-3-enterprise/specs

D.

2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dwng Posted at 5-6 20:17
Hi Natalia,

Thanks heaps for the quick reply! The MTOW of Mavic 3 can't be 895g. If it were, it can't carry anything like lights, prop guards, wide angle filter, etc. some of which are dji genuine parts sold by dji. And, taking Mavic 3E as example, specs on dji site (excerpt below), indicating they can carry more than just the RPA itself.

Hi, there. Thanks for your reply.
May we know whether you want to add accessories? If yes, may we know more related details so that we can confirm this problem better?
Thank you in advance.
2023-5-7
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Natalia,

As per my original post, I am after the MTOW to fill out standard forms as prescribed by CASA. To be specific, please refer to CASA procedure library Appendix 4 Schedule 1 under RPA operating types, where model, SN, MTOW and other info are required. I am wondering what to enter as the maximum take off weight of Mavic 3, please. There is no specific accessories I am thinking of. Thanks.

And just for the record, this is not a problem and I don't have a problem with the Mavic 3. Absolutely love it.

And in case it helps, here is some information what MTOW means - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_takeoff_weight

D.

2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dwng Posted at 5-7 01:37
Hi Natalia,

As per my original post, I am after the MTOW to fill out standard forms as prescribed by CASA. To be specific, please refer to CASA procedure library Appendix 4 Schedule 1 under RPA operating types, where model, SN, MTOW and other info are required. I am wondering what to enter as the maximum take off weight of Mavic 3, please. There is no specific accessories I am thinking of. Thanks.

Hi there, the max takeoff weight of Mavic 3 is 895 g. If you want to attach any accessories, it depends on the weight of the accessories.
2023-5-8
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Natalia,

Hmm, if max take off weight is 895g, this means any accessories attached to the Mavic 3 will render it illegal or unsafe because it exceeds the max take off weight of the RPA. Interesting. I will check with other sources to confirm and revert back what I learn and feedback given this is dji's position on MTOW rating for Mavic 3. Thank you.

By the way, based on what you said, the MTOW of mini 3 pro will therefore be 249g, right? Thanks again for your help.

D.

2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dwng Posted at 5-8 04:04
Hi Natalia,

Hmm, if max take off weight is 895g, this means any accessories attached to the Mavic 3 will render it illegal or unsafe because it exceeds the max take off weight of the RPA. Interesting. I will check with other sources to confirm and revert back what I learn and feedback given this is dji's position on MTOW rating for Mavic 3. Thank you.

Our camera drone itself is not designed to support loads, so there is no maximum load information. However, according to the existing official accessories, the ND filter is 2.3g, and the propeller guard is 58g*2. These official accessories are affordable for the drone (because the official accessories have been tested, so you can use them with confidence). If you need to add these accessories during the actual flight, it is recommended to fill in with the total weight such as take-off weight + ND filter+ propeller guard. For the other third-party accessories, the performance cannot be guaranteed.
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules