Its 4oclock in the morning and its starting to get light.....
12Next >
941 60 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its 4oclock in the morning and its starting to get light.....

Well OK,  it was just gone 6am but still,   it never ceases to amaze me how the SUPers will head out at this time when the tide is out.  

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll reserve my 4am getups for mid-summer
2023-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice capture!
Just saw a supper on the canal close to where we live.
2023-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot DA.    That's some dedicated SUPers to be up at first light.  
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-7 00:33
I'll reserve my 4am getups for mid-summer

That was a quite from a song,  which seemed fitting.
2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:14
That was a quite from a song,  which seemed fitting.

Beverley Craven?  I had to Goggle it.  Not on my radar
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-7 01:17
Nice capture!
Just saw a supper on the canal close to where we live.

Ive seen quite a few since the weather as started to warm up,   with these guys Im wondering how far they are going as they seem to be gone for most of the day.
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-7 03:17
Great shot DA.    That's some dedicated SUPers to be up at first light.

Indeed,    Ive been back that way late afternoon and the vans tend to be still there so Im guessing they are going quite the distance.  
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-7 23:20
Beverley Craven?  I had to Goggle it.  Not on my radar

Yes,   and its been remixed into all sorts of the years.  
2023-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:28
Indeed,    Ive been back that way late afternoon and the vans tend to be still there so Im guessing they are going quite the distance.

It sure sounds like it.  That has to be a really good workout.  
2023-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 02:56
It sure sounds like it.  That has to be a really good workout.

Maybe they take advantage of the tide coming in to bring them back.  
2023-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 23:04
Maybe they take advantage of the tide coming in to bring them back.

That makes total sense.  Kind of like I like to fly out against the wind and return with the wind at the tail of the drone.
2023-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 14:03
That makes total sense.  Kind of like I like to fly out against the wind and return with the wind at the tail of the drone.

Yes,  exactly the same.    I went that way this morning and it was really quite there,   although still 3 campers parked up.
2023-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 00:04
Yes,  exactly the same.    I went that way this morning and it was really quite there,   although still 3 campers parked up.

It appears that is a favorite spot for campers.  Maybe because it is free or the view is good?

2023-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 03:24
It appears that is a favorite spot for campers.  Maybe because it is free or the view is good?

There's an app for campers called park 4 the night.   Since someone added it there its got a lot busier.    The app helps stealth campers find places to park up and details if it's free.   
Theres been an increase here in people converting old work vans into campers,   I think since C19 started and then they go stealth camping,    youtube is awash of people doing it and staying for the night in alsorts of places.  
2023-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 04:12
There's an app for campers called park 4 the night.   Since someone added it there its got a lot busier.    The app helps stealth campers find places to park up and details if it's free.   
Theres been an increase here in people converting old work vans into campers,   I think since C19 started and then they go stealth camping,    youtube is awash of people doing it and staying for the night in alsorts of places.

I'd never heard of an App for that but does sound interesting and helpful.  
2023-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 12:44
I'd never heard of an App for that but does sound interesting and helpful.

I have a peeve for paying for parking on our day trips,   so I use it to find free parking spots.  It seems more accurate than using google.
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 00:22
I have a peeve for paying for parking on our day trips,   so I use it to find free parking spots.  It seems more accurate than using google.

That's a great idea and saves money at the same time.  Was it a paid or free App?  For me Google is one of many tools and NOT the only tool.
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 02:53
That's a great idea and saves money at the same time.  Was it a paid or free App?  For me Google is one of many tools and NOT the only tool.

It was a free app.   They have paid tier like most do but I only need the free access.   

I checked and it doesn't currently cover the USA.
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 02:55
It was a free app.   They have paid tier like most do but I only need the free access.   

I checked and it doesn't currently cover the USA.

No problem but I do appreciate you checking.  I've been commuting more lately via my eBike so parking is always free.  Just have to lock it up properly as eBikes are heavily sought after by thieves.  Once when I returned from eating in a diner I had a shady looking character eyeballing my bike.  He tried to see me putting in the combo on my bike lock so I asked him what was up.  He said he planned to steal a bike.  I told him to make other plans.  He continue to come towards me so I reached behind my back and told him to come no closer or I would unholster my weapon.  He took off running like a jack rabbit.  I reported it to the police and lo and behold they arrested him later that afternoon trying to steal a bike by cutting off the lock.
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 03:24
No problem but I do appreciate you checking.  I've been commuting more lately via my eBike so parking is always free.  Just have to lock it up properly as eBikes are heavily sought after by thieves.  Once when I returned from eating in a diner I had a shady looking character eyeballing my bike.  He tried to see me putting in the combo on my bike lock so I asked him what was up.  He said he planned to steal a bike.  I told him to make other plans.  He continue to come towards me so I reached behind my back and told him to come no closer or I would unholster my weapon.  He took off running like a jack rabbit.  I reported it to the police and lo and behold they arrested him later that afternoon trying to steal a bike by cutting off the lock.

Nice you got him caught,    we need scum like that locked up.   My friend just put on Facebook that her car was stolen overnight,  this is the second car she's lost in about 10 months.  
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 06:11
Nice you got him caught,    we need scum like that locked up.   My friend just put on Facebook that her car was stolen overnight,  this is the second car she's lost in about 10 months.

I gave the guy a chance and obviously he needed a bike to pawn or sale for drug money.  Guess some time in jail will slow him down a bit on drug use.  

I'm not seeing as many car thefts recently but a huge jump in catalytic converters being cut off and stolen.  What the heck is that all about?
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 14:28
I gave the guy a chance and obviously he needed a bike to pawn or sale for drug money.  Guess some time in jail will slow him down a bit on drug use.  

I'm not seeing as many car thefts recently but a huge jump in catalytic converters being cut off and stolen.  What the heck is that all about?

We've had various phases of catalytic converter thefts,    something about the metals platinum, rhodium, and palladium that are valuable.
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 22:56
We've had various phases of catalytic converter thefts,    something about the metals platinum, rhodium, and palladium that are valuable.

Seems like a lot of trouble just for a few rare metals but I guess if you get enough catalytic converters you can amass enough to sell.
2023-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 05:43
Seems like a lot of trouble just for a few rare metals but I guess if you get enough catalytic converters you can amass enough to sell.

Yes,   but from what Ive seen they have it down to a fine art,   although Id like to see them try mine,   I cannot get under the car as its too low,  and you need a special jack to even lift it.   My standard trolley jack wont fit under the car.  
2023-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 05:47
Yes,   but from what Ive seen they have it down to a fine art,   although Id like to see them try mine,   I cannot get under the car as its too low,  and you need a special jack to even lift it.   My standard trolley jack wont fit under the car.

That's a really good deterrent.  They'd have to tow your car off to another location where they had the equipment to get at the converter.
2023-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 06:26
That's a really good deterrent.  They'd have to tow your car off to another location where they had the equipment to get at the converter.

Depending on where it was the tracker would tell me it had moved.       Both the cars have a tracker that reports their location several times a day if still and once they start to move they continuely update their location onto one of my servers as I don't trust the trackers from companies.   You can call me paranoid if you want.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:45
Depending on where it was the tracker would tell me it had moved.       Both the cars have a tracker that reports their location several times a day if still and once they start to move they continuely update their location onto one of my servers as I don't trust the trackers from companies.   You can call me paranoid if you want.

Not paranoid, just well prepared for any attempt to steal your car.  No doubt with your trackers it would be easier for the police to get it back.  Would be even better if you could kill the engine remotely.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:29
Not paranoid, just well prepared for any attempt to steal your car.  No doubt with your trackers it would be easier for the police to get it back.  Would be even better if you could kill the engine remotely.

Mine are just trackers,   I dont think the killing the car remotely is permitted here,   I think theres an allowance to disable the throttle,  so as the car slows it cannot accelerate again,    so eventually it could come to a natural stop.    The biggest concern I have is what they do to the more expensive cars,   which is pick them up and put them inside containers which then block the gps.   My tracker can detect bumps and the car moving when it's not powered on and send alerts for that too.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 23:41
Mine are just trackers,   I dont think the killing the car remotely is permitted here,   I think theres an allowance to disable the throttle,  so as the car slows it cannot accelerate again,    so eventually it could come to a natural stop.    The biggest concern I have is what they do to the more expensive cars,   which is pick them up and put them inside containers which then block the gps.   My tracker can detect bumps and the car moving when it's not powered on and send alerts for that too.

Sounds like some really good trackers.  Many car thieves do something similar here.  The ship them in containers to South America.  The ones that don't get shipped are immediately taken to chop shops where they are parted out.
2023-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 02:58
Sounds like some really good trackers.  Many car thieves do something similar here.  The ship them in containers to South America.  The ones that don't get shipped are immediately taken to chop shops where they are parted out.

Exactly the same happens here.  There's been stories where nice cars are stolen and driven at top speed to that port you saw the other day where they drive into a container and by the time anyone notices its gone its on a ship.   Fortunately the police do catch some of the drivers but rarely the organisers.  
2023-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 21:33
Exactly the same happens here.  There's been stories where nice cars are stolen and driven at top speed to that port you saw the other day where they drive into a container and by the time anyone notices its gone its on a ship.   Fortunately the police do catch some of the drivers but rarely the organisers.

It appears the same here with the organizers that is.  I guess there is quite the lucrative business in auto parts and the black market.  I did run across a site that was selling auto air bags.  I thought that was quite strange.  Not sure where they were getting their stock.  I didn't even think a DIY air bag replacement would be safe to do.
2023-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 03:26
It appears the same here with the organizers that is.  I guess there is quite the lucrative business in auto parts and the black market.  I did run across a site that was selling auto air bags.  I thought that was quite strange.  Not sure where they were getting their stock.  I didn't even think a DIY air bag replacement would be safe to do.

Airbags here are all over eBay,  along with lots of adverts from salvage yards that are breaking specific cars.   I contacted one recently for part and he gave me a price and then removed it from the car and posted it to me.   It worked well and he took copious photos of the removal process for me,  and I didnt even ask for that.
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 23:23
Airbags here are all over eBay,  along with lots of adverts from salvage yards that are breaking specific cars.   I contacted one recently for part and he gave me a price and then removed it from the car and posted it to me.   It worked well and he took copious photos of the removal process for me,  and I didnt even ask for that.

Dang, he provided you service well above expectations then.    No doubt you'll be a repeat buyer from him if you need additional parts in the future.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:26
Dang, he provided you service well above expectations then.    No doubt you'll be a repeat buyer from him if you need additional parts in the future.

Yes,   Id contacted a few of the sellers that list what they are breaking and he was the only one that bothered to respond.
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:25
Yes,   Id contacted a few of the sellers that list what they are breaking and he was the only one that bothered to respond.

I'm guessing the others didn't need your business if they couldn't take the time to reply to your query.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:32
I'm guessing the others didn't need your business if they couldn't take the time to reply to your query.

Had another instance of that the other day,   I asked a seller that Ive used before when their Mexican oregano would be back in stock.   last time she came back really quick and said she had some she could list,  this time no response after a couple of days.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 05:57
Had another instance of that the other day,   I asked a seller that Ive used before when their Mexican oregano would be back in stock.   last time she came back really quick and said she had some she could list,  this time no response after a couple of days.

That's not good and not a way to treat repeat customers. Hopefully, the seller wasn't sick and couldn't reply right away.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:24
That's not good and not a way to treat repeat customers. Hopefully, the seller wasn't sick and couldn't reply right away.

Weird thing is its back in stock but they just failed to respond,  last time they updated the stock and let me know so Im guessing they did the first part and got side tracked.
2023-5-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules