Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Swapping controllers
1211 6 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

I purchased my mini 3 pro with the RC controller, but I wouldn't mind having an RC-N1 controller for flexibility.
A couple of questions though :

1/  Does the controller bind to the aircraft or aircraft bind to the controller ? so meaning that if I buy a second hand controller will there be a problem connecting it to my drone ?
2/  Is it easy or a pain to swap from one controller and back again when I need to ?

2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. 1. The binding process requires you to do it manually after receiving the package. 2. You can unbind and rebind it though this path: DJI FLY APP- Profile-  Device Management - Account and Device.
2023-5-7
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-7 05:44
Hello, there. 1. The binding process requires you to do it manually after receiving the package. 2. You can unbind and rebind it though this path: DJI FLY APP- Profile-  Device Management - Account and Device.

So does that mean the seller of the controller would need to unbind it before sending it to me ?
2023-5-7
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

The unbind works.
The binding to the RC-N1, in my case, doesn't.
It says the RC-N1 needs a firmware upgrade.... and then it ALWAYS fails.
I have received several error codes...

0x1103a0090012
0x115000100001
and some others

Loggd in and out of the app.
reinstalled App.
tried in another phone (Samsung S22 Ultra and S8)
Tried via Assistant 2 and nothing...
I'm stuck with old firmware on my RC-N1: V04.11.0200

I think I need V04.14.0400 but cannot find HOW to install it.

Any ideas?
Thanks
2023-5-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lieutenant Posted at 5-7 06:02
So does that mean the seller of the controller would need to unbind it before sending it to me ?

The original-owner/seller must log into their account/app and unbind the equipment, the app needs to be connected to the internet for the unbinding to register with whatever records it.
The original-owner/seller DOES NOT need the equipment in their possession to do this, i.e the equipment could be in the UK with the seller in Australia.
2023-5-7
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

OK Thanks for that.
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Lieutenant Posted at 5-7 06:02

Hello, sorry for the late response. Basically, the mechanism works as Sean said below. The original seller needs to unbind the account or remote controller so that the next user can use the drone with a new account or new remote controller. Unbinding can be done without the physical drone by hand while the binding process is not.
2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules