Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downloading maps on DJI RC
123Next >
8716 91 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52720 ft
Luxembourg

Hello Maybe someone can help here  I have a 64GB EVO Samsung Mini SD card , formatted using the softwear on the DJI RC controller, Cannot download any maps WiFi is Very good, I can sellect the map (3,26 MB  (selected map is 3.26MB) Press the download arrow and nothing happens, When I then go on the top of the screen , press Downloads It shows my Region 1 the size of the file with 0%
Makes no differance pressing pause !  Even shows in grey Downloading..but 2 hours later the nothing!
Have tried 3 cards . All the same problem
Controller has latest update.

2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please refresh the firmware of your DJI RC then check if the issue persists? If you still experience the same issue, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue so we can check. You may upload it via Google Drive or Youtube. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-7
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 626257 ft
Italy

Hi, same problem for me, DJI Rc and Mini 3 pro, micro SD card Sandisk 32 Gb, downloaded and installed latest firmare for both DJi RC and drone via dji assistant 2.
Selecting area, download doesn't start, always 0% with controller wi-fi connected.
micro sd switched to a Sandisk 64 gb, nothing changes.
2023-5-8
Use props
Svigge48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12287 ft

Sweden

Same problem here in Sweden with DJI RC.
Impossible to download any map in DJI Fly
2023-5-8
Use props
Svigge48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12287 ft

Sweden

DJI in Sweden support say they never heard of that problem.
It is time to check this problem by the support and come with a way to solve this.
2023-5-8
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Ernestosi Posted at 5-8 01:54
Hi, same problem for me, DJI Rc and Mini 3 pro, micro SD card Sandisk 32 Gb, downloaded and installed latest firmare for both DJi RC and drone via dji assistant 2.
Selecting area, download doesn't start, always 0% with controller wi-fi connected.

Seems we are not the only one's  This is really frustrating I am surprised that DJI have not made an update on the software (or even included GPS in this controller)
2023-5-8
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-7 19:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please refresh the firmware of your DJI RC then check if the issue persists? If you still experience the same issue, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue so we can check. You may upload it via Google Drive or Youtube. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.

Please could you send me the link because the file I downloaded will not open. (plus there are several to choose from and I wish to be sure I download the correct one) Thanks
2023-5-8
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Please could you send me the link because the file I downloaded will not open. (plus there are several to choose from and I wish to be sure I download the correct one) Thanks
2023-5-8
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

THE VOICE Posted at 5-8 03:55
Please could you send me the link because the file I downloaded will not open. (plus there are several to choose from and I wish to be sure I download the correct one) Thanks

This is what you need.
2023-5-8
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

After doing what you instructed and following the procedure Message;  Update failed (1-0-4) after 3%  This is after it confirmed that the controller has the latest update and I pressed refresh The 1st phase V01.03.0100 was completed

Any more thoughts Thanks Bob
2023-5-8
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

I did these tests:
controller DJI RC Factory reset
connect to wi-fi
login to djy fly app on the controller, V1.10.0(1155-dpad)
controller firmware 1.03.0100
still offline maps download fails... even tried with very small maps (160Kb) with no success
2023-5-8
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Yep   Copy /Paste same problem as I have  cannot understand why something so so simple on a YouTube Video can be OK for some and not for others Can only think its due to an update  as the YouTube videos are not the latest. Looking forward to the next ."Can you try this "

2023-5-8
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

I have the same issue!
2023-5-8
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Ernestosi Posted at 5-8 01:54

Same problem here in Canada since the last firmware update.
2023-5-8
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

ssylca44 Posted at 5-8 09:38
Same problem here in Canada since the last firmware update.

Interesting, happy to hear others have this problem just unhappy to hear you too. Hope someone at DJI will take notice of this problem and let us know when they will fix it ?? Fingers crossed
2023-5-8
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

Anyway, this is the first forum where i can see the problem that I'm sharing with you guys.
Videos on youtube are almost 3 or 4 months old, maybe this feature was working back those days...
2023-5-8
Use props
Reidys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51322 ft
Ireland

Hey, Newbie here.

My drone(Mini 3) / RC is not even 48 hours old. the drone is activated and all Drone/RC firmware is up to date.
I am also facing the same issue,(from Ireland)  Thought I was doing something wrong, seems to be a much bigger issue.
2023-5-8
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Reidys Posted at 5-8 11:09
Hey, Newbie here.

My drone(Mini 3) / RC is not even 48 hours old. the drone is activated and all Drone/RC firmware is up to date.

Sorry to hear have the problem as well.. I think its due to the firmware update DJI made in April  V01.03.0100.. I guess with enough pressure from this forum DJI should in all fairness must make another update to correct this mess.
IMG_5851.jpeg
2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208753 ft

Slovenia

Same problem with my DJI RC ...
2023-5-9
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

Add me to the list of users unhappy with DJI's lack of concern over offline maps not working with the RC controller.
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I did managed to download the map on my DJI RC a couple of weeks ago, but it really was a massive disappointment as it is not like google map but just a very blurry picture of the terrain... Street map was ok...

I haven't bothered download any more parts of map since they are useless...
2023-5-9
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

Burt37 Posted at 5-9 02:12
I did managed to download the map on my DJI RC a couple of weeks ago, but it really was a massive disappointment as it is not like google map but just a very blurry picture of the terrain... Street map was ok...

I haven't bothered download any more parts of map since they are useless...

A couple of week ago was before the firmware update... we think the problem is related to dji fly app V1.10.0 or DJI RC controller 1.03.0100.
2023-5-9
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

WN1X Posted at 5-9 01:53
Add me to the list of users unhappy with DJI's lack of concern over offline maps not working with the RC controller.

Yet another disappointed user.. I have a feeling this list is gonna get really big!
2023-5-9
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

Something changed on download page, now dji fly is v 1.10.1
This evening I'll try to connect RC controller and check for updates
2023-5-9
Use props
Reidys
lvl.1
Ireland

Ernestosi Posted at 5-9 04:26
Something changed on download page, now dji fly is v 1.10.1
This evening I'll try to connect RC controller and check for updates
[view_image]

good spot, I have mine RC here.
I will try the new version and respond here.
2023-5-9
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

please let us know
2023-5-9
Use props
Reidys
lvl.1
Ireland

Reidys Posted at 5-9 04:43
good spot, I have mine RC here.
I will try the new version and respond here.

Not sure if the update is available yet for the RC controllers
getting the message firmware is up todate
2023-5-9
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

we have to wait then
2023-5-9
Use props
Reidys
lvl.1
Ireland

Ernestosi Posted at 5-9 05:01
we have to wait then

I am also chatting with someone on DJI support on Twitter.
I will keep you all updated on any deployments

PS: I have also made them aware of this post. that a few more are facing the same issue.
2023-5-9
Use props
Manoel Regis 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254072 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got in touch with DJI support, they don't have a solution for this, they told me to wait for the new update for the control, do you know if there is another way to download the map?
2023-5-9
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

Sorry but no workaround here, I tried almost everything including micro SD brand and size change, still not working for now.
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Ernestosi Posted at 5-9 03:00
A couple of week ago was before the firmware update... we think the problem is related to dji fly app V1.10.0 or DJI RC controller 1.03.0100.

Perhaps you missed my point, in that, even if the map were downloadable, they really are NOT usable in terrain mode. You can see the street name, but that's just about it...

Not the same as Google Map!
2023-5-9
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Reidys Posted at 5-9 05:31
I am also chatting with someone on DJI support on Twitter.
I will keep you all updated on any deployments

Glad to have you on board..We need all the help we can as fast as we can. I started this Post hoping that DJI would respond with a easy fix …but its does not seem so
2023-5-9
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Burt37 Posted at 5-9 11:45
Perhaps you missed my point, in that, even if the map were downloadable, they really are NOT usable in terrain mode. You can see the street name, but that's just about it...

Thats not an excuse.. the maps have to be good ..We all brought this item and the quality of any software that supports, be it Maps or whatever, should be tested and approved before and not for the client to find out after purchase. When downloading a Map one goes to the link that DJI have given in their software. Would you prefer to have good quality maps available?
2023-5-9
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Thats not an excuse.. the maps have to be good ..We all brought this item and the quality of any software that it supports, be it Maps or whatever, should be tested and approved before and not for the client to find out after purchase. When downloading a Map one goes to the link that DJI have given in their software. Would you prefer to have good quality maps available?
The problem remains ..the downloading of maps on the current software does not work.
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

THE VOICE Posted at 5-9 12:22
Thats not an excuse.. the maps have to be good ..We all brought this item and the quality of any software that it supports, be it Maps or whatever, should be tested and approved before and not for the client to find out after purchase. When downloading a Map one goes to the link that DJI have given in their software. Would you prefer to have good quality maps available?
The problem remains ..the downloading of maps on the current software does not work.

Unfortunately they don't use Google map, so they are not that good... Think of a blurry picture and that will be your map. That however was like I said a couple of weeks ago. There are other threads on the forum regarding the quality of the map.. That's why if it has stop working, it is not a big deal for me. If the map were good, then, it would be a different story...

I'm not disputing the fact that you guys can't download them... I'm just saying, don't waste your time...
2023-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2lORZT3qepop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 843 ft
Germany

Well, am glad in a way that I am also not the only one with this problem ... based in Germany.  
I got my drone only about a week or two ago.  Back then some maps started to download, but didn't finished them, more recent maps didn't even start just like the OP.
Am sure they will fix it in an update... and hopefully add terrain mode....
2023-5-9
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

It certainly would be useful to know what map source is used and the format required then one could simply download maps ( like using Garmin, Tom Tom ect) from computer to your card and then insert the card into your controller. The controller then reads the maps in the normal way. This can’t require a degree in rocket science can it ??
2023-5-9
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 843 ft
Germany

The "strange" thing is, it does not work on the RC (I have the one with the display, just to be clear), neither on the app on my phone alone.
So, maybe it's not a bug in the firmware but on their side (map server) ?
Either way, it doesn't work.
2023-5-9
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Italy

Burt37 Posted at 5-9 11:45

Your point is crystal clear, you think that no map is better that something blurry...
We rather prefer something to work on even if blurry or unuseful, now the "offline maps" are not downloading at all.
Let me ask you a question, are you still able to download something with new firmware?
2023-5-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules