8887 91 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Ernestosi Posted at 5-9 22:23
Your point is crystal clear, you think that no map is better that something blurry...
We rather prefer something to work on even if blurry or unuseful, now the "offline maps" are not downloading at all.
Let me ask you a question, are you still able to download something with new firmware?

You will understand once you get to see the map...
2023-5-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Your point is crystal clear, you think that no map is better that something blurry...
We rather prefer something to work on even if blurry or unuseful, now the "offline maps" are not downloading at all.
Let me ask you a question, are you still able to download something with new firmware?

And to answer your question. I can select the part of the map that I want but I can't download it. It sits on 0%... But we all already knew this! It is the quality of the map that I'm disputing, not the fact that the download is not working....

Correction:

I can actually download parts of Australia but it stops around 30%. When I got 0% I was try to download the Vatican in Italy... I could try again tomorrow when the rest of the world is asleep...

2023-5-10
Use props
xis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359134 ft
Poland

Hello everyone.
I have the same problem with my DJI RC. I've just bought the Mini 3 Pro and tried to download the offline maps. After I selected the area to download it pauses and never starts to actually download anything. I've tried with regions nearby (Poland) and also tested it with different locations such as the UK, Australia etc, with no results. I've tried to refresh the firmware in both RC controller and Mini 3 Pro as well, also made the factory reset on the RC - still no luck.
Also I want to point that my internet connection is more than OK, no problems with other sites or services and of course I've put and initialized the SD card in the RC.
Any help would be appreciated.
2023-5-10
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52720 ft
Luxembourg

xis Posted at 5-10 05:49
Hello everyone.
I have the same problem with my DJI RC. I've just bought the Mini 3 Pro and tried to download the offline maps. After I selected the area to download it pauses and never starts to actually download anything. I've tried with regions nearby (Poland) and also tested it with different locations such as the UK, Australia etc, with no results. I've tried to refresh the firmware in both RC controller and Mini 3 Pro as well, also made the factory reset on the RC - still no luck.
Also I want to point that my internet connection is more than OK, no problems with other sites or services and of course I've put and initialized the SD card in the RC.

We all have the problem since DJI’s last update. Before that guys were lucky! You are doing nothing wrong its on the DJI software so I guess its wait until they first notice this forum post and then arrange for the fix..
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_qL3mC77zn4rh
New

United Kingdom

I also have this issue since the latest update. Heading on safari in 1 month from now and really need offline maps. Please fix this DJI
2023-5-10
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177516 ft
Germany

I don't find the offline maps really useful, but it doesn't work for me either. If you choose an excerpt and start the download, it runs up to about 64 percent, then it's over and nothing happens anymore. Whether it's the server or the software, DJI should be able to find out easily. And fix it!
2023-5-10
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Fulmo Posted at 5-10 08:41
I don't find the offline maps really useful, but it doesn't work for me either. If you choose an excerpt and start the download, it runs up to about 64 percent, then it's over and nothing happens anymore. Whether it's the server or the software, DJI should be able to find out easily. And fix it!

Thanks , good to know..Why do you find them not useful when you cannot download them? I tried and I get 3% so you are getting at least some sort of data.
2023-5-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Fulmo Posted at 5-10 08:41

"I Don't find offline maps really useful". I'm amazed about this statement.  Don't you ever want to know where exactly (above what) your AC is without having to change the camera tilt ? I look at the maps all the time while flying. Even in VLOS it's very difficult above which part of the neighborhood the drone is flying.
2023-5-10
Use props
malbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 617231 ft
United States

Add me to the list of people having offline maps stuck at 0% download.

Equipment:
* Mavic 3 Classic (AC firmware 1.00.0400)
* DJI RC (firmware v1.03.0100)
* DJI Fly App (v1.10.0(1155-dpad))

Network/internet connection is fine.
* WAN is 500mbit up/down, client signal strength is -53dBm, client (RC controller) selected wifi4.
* Remote is using the same wifi config it used to pull down firmware updates, total traffic 1.58GB.
2023-5-10
Use props
GravityRZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71965 ft
Netherlands

malbs Posted at 5-10 10:39
Add me to the list of people having offline maps stuck at 0% download.

Equipment:

i have the same problem

latest controller firmware.
i also have read that the downloaded maps are actually a lot smaller, eg you need to download a lot without knowing if they overlap or not.

is it not a better idea to download them at the location by just opening the map

eg turn controller and drone on and once you have a gps fix goto map and scroll around a lot to make sure the complete area gets downloaded automatically
2023-5-10
Use props
JerryAttrick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 617231 ft
United States

GravityRZ Posted at 5-10 11:19
i have the same problem

latest controller firmware.

That's a great suggestion about downloading them at the location. I'm still very new to this and need to build that habit before each flight.

Unfortunately, I am planning a couple flights where I know I'll have no cell service. Here's to hoping looking at the map from here will store them in cache.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
2023-5-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

PhanFran Posted at 5-10 09:13
"I Don't find offline maps really useful". I'm amazed about this statement.  Don't you ever want to know where exactly (above what) your AC is without having to change the camera tilt ? I look at the maps all the time while flying. Even in VLOS it's very difficult above which part of the neighborhood the drone is flying.

Have you ever used the map on the DJI RC Controller?

I did, and it was useless because it was too blurry to see anything useful...

Lots of people here are trying to download the map, probably for the first time... I hope that the reason why DJI has stop the download it is because they are actually fixing the maps, so that when we open them to use them you can actually see something useful in it... (That is in terrain mode) If all you need to see are streets names, then the current map its fine, once the download will work again...
2023-5-10
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

I agree with ya on the comment you made.. also that user said that he could only download a percentage of a map before it stopped ..so my question was to him .. how do you know if the maps are useless without having one ?? its so important to know where you are flying .. Its not a toy!
2023-5-10
Use props
DJI User077
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292 ft
Philippines

We rather prefer something to work on even if blurry or unuseful, now the "offline maps" are not downloading at all.

I too am having sam issue,  tried everything that I can think of.  weird how it only affects a few people.  anyhow ,  any map is better than map in my opinion.  hopefully a resolution is developed soon.
2023-5-10
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Germany

THE VOICE Posted at 5-10 08:44
Thanks , good to know..Why do you find them not useful when you cannot download them? I tried and I get 3% so you are getting at least some sort of data.

I find the offline maps not accurate and flexible enough in many cases. That's why I use them rather rarely. However, there are situations where I want to download maps for an area for safety's sake. And then it must also work. After reading the post here, I tried it yesterday for one area. Why it does not work at all in some cases and sometimes the download "holds out" a little longer, DJI must analyze. The result is always the same: It does not work and that must not be.
2023-5-10
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Germany

I plan my flights in advance and then look closely at the geography. In Europe, only VLOS is allowed anyway. At least, if you want to fly without official permits obtained for the respective project.

Nevertheless, the function must work if it is offered. There are also (few) situations in which I want to use offline maps after all.
2023-5-10
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Germany

I have now tried the download again for other locations. Sometimes it loads up to 64%, sometimes up to 14%. However, the map is never fully loaded. So as of today, the function is no good at all, whether you find it useful or not.
2023-5-10
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 843 ft
Germany

So, a quick question to those of you who use the RC with the display (and don't use their smartphones to fly) and don't download the maps at home, where there's WiFi - do you then link your remote to a hotspot of your phone while out in the field?  I try to avoid this...
2023-5-10
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Fulmo Posted at 5-10 20:14
I find the offline maps not accurate and flexible enough in many cases. That's why I use them rather rarely. However, there are situations where I want to download maps for an area for safety's sake. And then it must also work. After reading the post here, I tried it yesterday for one area. Why it does not work at all in some cases and sometimes the download "holds out" a little longer, DJI must analyze. The result is always the same: It does not work and that must not be.

Before the latest update it used to work apparently as proven on YouTube explanations so we are now into the third week since the update and DJI Support have not reacted to our messages.. This makes me think that the problem is bigger than I thought and not as easy as winding back to the previous version.
2023-5-10
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

ChrisPro3 Posted at 5-10 22:22
So, a quick question to those of you who use the RC with the display (and don't use their smartphones to fly) and don't download the maps at home, where there's WiFi - do you then link your remote to a hotspot of your phone?  I try to avoid this...

Using home wifi or outside with hotspot from phone the problem is still there and maps cannot be downloaded and stored on the RC sd card. The function to store on the RC controller used to work in the beginning of the year, so if its still in the software why does it not work now?
2023-5-10
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Germany

THE VOICE Posted at 5-10 22:30
Using home wifi or outside with hotspot from phone the problem is still there and maps cannot be downloaded and stored on the RC sd card. The function to store on the RC controller used to work in the beginning of the year, so if its still in the software why does it not work now?

Hi The Voice, my post above was more generally, not directly related to the problem we have.  I was just wondering if most of you have the RC using the hotspot of the smartphone often/always?  
2023-5-10
Use props
Daniele-P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 625085 ft
Italy

add me to those who have problems here in Italy. Maps are useful for me and so I need a quick solution.
2023-5-11
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

ChrisPro3 Posted at 5-10 22:44
Hi The Voice, my post above was more generally, not directly related to the problem we have.  I was just wondering if most of you have the RC using the hotspot of the smartphone often/always?

Sometimes Yes but remember that the RC controller turns off wifi ( and Bluetooth) when in flight, also sometimes one can be in an area were the hotspot from phone is not possible and it also depends on your provider plan. We MUST have map to know exactly what is around and its good to know where you may want to go .. agreed ?
2023-5-11
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Daniele-P Posted at 5-11 00:05
add me to those who have problems here in Italy. Maps are useful for me and so I need a quick solution.

Added .. Keep the fingers crossed
2023-5-11
Use props
GravityRZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71965 ft
Netherlands

just tested it and it is downloading now
i did not change a thing so this also seems to be a dji server problem

when you however go to the downloaded map you see it is much smaller than the area you have selected.

why on earth DJI does not let you download an area the size of which you can fly puzzles me.

2023-5-11
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

GravityRZ Posted at 5-11 01:39
just tested it and it is downloading now
i did not change a thing so this also seems to be a dji server problem

Great News Its working guys … Thanks for your support
2023-5-11
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Works All Ok Thanks for you supporting this Post
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

THE VOICE Posted at 5-8 03:54
Please could you send me the link because the file I downloaded will not open. (plus there are several to choose from and I wish to be sure I download the correct one) Thanks

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. This issue has already been fixed, kindly please check and if ever you encounter the same issue again, please don't hesitate to reach us so we can assist you. Thank you.
2023-5-11
Use props
Reidys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51322 ft
United States

Thanks for the update. Great to hear all.
Will test it later.

Happy and safe flying  
2023-5-11
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Germany

THE VOICE Posted at 5-11 00:32
Sometimes Yes but remember that the RC controller turns off wifi ( and Bluetooth) when in flight, also sometimes one can be in an area were the hotspot from phone is not possible and it also depends on your provider plan. We MUST have map to know exactly what is around and its good to know where you may want to go .. agreed ?

Ah, didn't know the remote switches them off, interesting.   

Update 1: it DOES work now on my DJI app on the phone now, but.. sometimes get stuck at about 55%.
Hitting pause and continue button, it does finish it then. Hm.

Update 2: the downloaded map is indeed only a ver small area and one cannot zoom into it, or move around.
So, DJI, it's NOT fixed yet...
2023-5-11
Use props
xis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359134 ft
Poland

Works for me too, thanks!
2023-5-11
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Germany

xis Posted at 5-11 03:31
Works for me too, thanks!

So, just to be sure - the map you download is the expected size?  Not just a tiny wee fraction of what you were planning to download?
2023-5-11
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 626257 ft
Italy

Now It's working even for me, tried to select a square, 3,2Mb map, downloaded in few seconds then I switched off wifi and went to aircraft connection, the map is there and seems to be the size it's supposed to have.
If you go to profile and downloads, you can see the map in a much smaller size but I think the correct one is under aircraft screen.
Today is raining and I can't do a proper test, hoping for the weekend...
2023-5-11
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Germany

Ernestosi Posted at 5-11 05:18
Now It's working even for me, tried to select a square, 3,2Mb map, downloaded in few seconds then I switched off wifi and went to aircraft connection, the map is there and seems to be the size it's supposed to have.
If you go to profile and downloads, you can see the map in a much smaller size but I think the correct one is under aircraft screen.

It seems to work for me indeed, too.
2023-5-11
Use props
Daniele-P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 625085 ft
Italy

Daniele-P Posted at 5-11 00:05
Now it works for me too. Thx!
2023-5-12
Use props
Reidys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51322 ft
Ireland

Reidys Posted at 5-11 02:18
Thanks for the update. Great to hear all.
Will test it later.

I was able to test the maps today, I can confirm Maps are downloading.
2023-5-12
Use props
fansf6eecb0b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453537 ft
Sweden

I've experienced the same issue. Last flight it seemed to work. But it's still a very blurry sattelite map. Doesn't seems like it's working as it should, still even though I have the latest firmware. When I check the tab for downloaded maps, it's empty even though it downloaded severeal maps just seconds ago. Maybe I need to check for firmware update again?

A suggestions to the developers; Make it easier to select what part of the map I can download, add a drag point to the corner of the rectangle!? If I have a 512gb sd-card, let me use that for map data. Don't show me a blurry nearly unusable sattelite image. Also make sure that downloaded maps are visible in the downloads tab, and make sure downloaded data stays downloaded until I format my card or delete the data manually (maybe it does when it works as intended?). A nice touch would be to select where map data is being stored.
2023-5-13
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Germany

fansf6eecb0b Posted at 5-13 00:50
I've experienced the same issue. Last flight it seemed to work. But it's still a very blurry sattelite map. Doesn't seems like it's working as it should, still even though I have the latest firmware. When I check the tab for downloaded maps, it's empty even though it downloaded severeal maps just seconds ago. Maybe I need to check for firmware update again?

A suggestions to the developers; Make it easier to select what part of the map I can download, add a drag point to the corner of the rectangle!? If I have a 512gb sd-card, let me use that for map data. Don't show me a blurry nearly unusable sattelite image. Also make sure that downloaded maps are visible in the downloads tab, and make sure downloaded data stays downloaded until I format my card or delete the data manually (maybe it does when it works as intended?). A nice touch would be to select where map data is being stored.

I agree that the satellite maps are unusable when zoomed in...  That's the reason ii am only using the standard map.  But yes, that should be fixed/improved.
2023-5-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Ernestosi Posted at 5-11 05:18
If you go to profile and downloads, you can see the map in a much smaller size but I think the correct one is under aircraft screen.

And how do you find the quality of the maps when you zoom in?

Can you use them?
2023-5-13
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 626257 ft
Italy

Burt37 Posted at 5-13 04:00
And how do you find the quality of the maps when you zoom in?

Can you use them?

Sorry for the late answer, here in Italy is still raining, no good weather for tests, I'll let you know ASAP
2023-5-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules