Terra software??
2991 8 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric40
lvl.1

United States

I have a brand new laptop with 32g ram and the Intel arc A370m says it's rated to 4g video card. So why does it say I need nivdia graphics, will Tarra only work with their graphics cards??? I even made sure to double-check the specs when I bought the laptop so that had a 4 gig graphics card on it this is super frustrating
2023-5-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

You are right, No Nvidia, No Terra.
I don't know why this compatibility problem persists but it's been like this for a long time, reported to The DJI team many times. Consider switching to Agisoft Metashape or Pix4D for the photogrammetry reconstruction side. It's not more expensive than Terra but much more effective. I use Agisoft and at least the customer service is fine. Not like here.
2023-5-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's more of a CUDA requirement than anything. It's Nvidia's proprietary parallel computing architecture. It's nothing new and plenty of 3D software like Reality Capture and others that have the same requirement. AMD has similar architecture like OpenCL but it's far behind what CUDA offers. Like LV already said Metashape and Pix4D support other compute architectures. Even these programs will run smoother/faster with an Nvidia GPU however.
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Terra cannot be used for mapping without an NVIDIA discrete graphics card. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-7
Use props
Eric40
lvl.1

United States

Well it should say only Nvidia graphics card on the requirements not or 4g graphics card. Maybe I read it wrong but it should say You must have in the  Nvidia video graphics card only in like bold writing! now I had to remove all the stuff off the computer and it is no easy task getting it Unbound. Thank you guys for getting back to me off to Best Buy to get a gaming computer or something better I guess more money geez.
2023-5-8
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eric40 Posted at 5-8 05:30
Well it should say only Nvidia graphics card on the requirements not or 4g graphics card. Maybe I read it wrong but it should say You must have in the  Nvidia video graphics card only in like bold writing!  now I had to remove all the stuff off the computer and it is no easy task getting it Unbound. Thank you guys for getting back to me off to Best Buy to get a gaming computer or something better I guess more money geez.

Looking at the site and requirements, it lists NVIDIA Graphics Cards 4GB...

2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_A2qvJmUtcpJS
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is crazy from a development point of view to only support one manufacturer of card, hopefully DJI sorts this out.
2-27 03:55
Use props
Marvin Villanueva Rondo
New

Peru

Saben si en la siguiente actualización DJI TERRA aceptará tarjetas AMD? tengo una pc con tarjeta grafcia amd similar a RTX 4090 y no puedo usar el software.
3-16 06:31
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marvin Villanueva Rondo Posted at 3-16 06:31
Saben si en la siguiente actualización DJI TERRA aceptará tarjetas AMD? tengo una pc con tarjeta grafcia amd similar a RTX 4090 y no puedo usar el software.

Everyone who has an AMD card and wanting to run Terra should check out ZLUDA https://www.xda-developers.com/nvidia-cuda-amd-zluda/

I haven't tried it myself since I have Nvidia cards but it sounds promising.
3-16 09:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules