Remote ID for older model Mini 2s?
36470 128 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

Has anyone found, purchased, installed a reasonably priced RID module on a mini 2? Reasonably priced as less than $100, self contained battery, and velcro attachment.  Additionally, what placement so as not to interfere with GPS or transmission. I have done a lot of google searches and am unable to draw any conclusions.
1-12 08:16
Use props
djiuser_mI7ThRtCOinI
New

United States

#Quick Reply Here#PURCHASED MY MINI-2 IN NOV-2023 and it is not compliant.  Contacated DJI in Dec-2023 and they stated would be good in Mar-24.  Contacted again in Jan-24 and they stated no support.  GRR.  I have my 107 license and cannot fly.  It has been grounded and is being returned.  Shame on DJI.....now I understand the suspicions of this company.
1-19 02:12
Use props
djiuser_mI7ThRtCOinI
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-12 08:22
The HolyStone RID module is self-contained & runs $89.99.  Can't say how well it works but there are reviews online.

HolyStone RID Module

If it was free and had mass of less then 0.1g could add too mini-2 and fly.

NOPE.  Expensive and now over 250g and has 2nd monster riding the airframe.   GRRR
1-19 02:17
Use props
djiuser_mI7ThRtCOinI
New

United States

djiuser_mf5qTLP4XnGm Posted at 2023-8-24 11:24
I purchased my mini 2 to operate under part 107, in January of 2023. Information at the time sounded as if it would become remote-ID capabable. In order to continue to fly as of September 16, I will either need to de-register it or buy the remote ID module. I have done some night flying with  a light on it, and will no longer be able to without the module. I am disappointed because I could have bought a mini3 for what I have spent on my mini2 plus a remote ID module.

Sad....you got scammed....same as me....and I purchased in Nov-23.  Vehicle should have been FULL RID compliant per FAA
1-19 02:20
Use props
djiuser_mI7ThRtCOinI
New

United States

djiuser_jYZlqzPCGtAV Posted at 2023-6-11 07:45
Thanks for the information, DJI Paladin! I have just completed the registration process and now I'm waiting for confirmation of my application.

One thing I noticed is that when selecting DJI as the UA (Unmanned Aircraft) manufacturer and the Mini 2 as the model, the application page automatically selected/retained the Remote ID Type as "Yes (built-in)." From this, I assume that the Japanese authorities are already aware that the Mini 2 has a built-in RID.

Thank you for this post and diagram.  I am grounded and have 107 license.  FAA did not charge me.....thankfully!
1-19 02:26
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-11 18:00
I guess you have zero reading comprenhension.

As much as I applaud you for attempting to make the intellectual leap into using a four syllable word, you might want to learn how to spell the word *before* you type it.

"comprenhension".
1-19 15:28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

MBSL500 Posted at 1-19 15:28
As much as I applaud you for attempting to make the intellectual leap into using a four syllable word, you might want to learn how to spell the word *before* you type it.

"comprenhension".

Fixed, and you STILL have zero comprehension!! I can easily fix a typo, your problem is a little more difficult!
1-19 15:46
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Atta boy homer. You made it through an entire sentence without misspelling anything.

1-19 21:53
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I am using the same module that I use on my Phantom 4 Pro.  I got a module from Pierce Aerospace.  It works like a charm.  Unfortunately it is expensive, but it works and does the job.
1-20 07:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules