After The Fire
783 17 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

March 31 was a crazy windy day and wildfire broke out, burning about 6000 acres.

I returned April 30 to see what became of the burned land.

2023-5-7
Use props
WN1X
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

Really nice video...I especially enjoyed the music
2023-5-7
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Amazing how quickly the earth got green again - mostly. Not entirely sure which footage is which but I guess the landing in lovely sun and green is April 30th.
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We had a big grass fire here last summer and it was amazing how quick the green came back,    about 1 week later and there were big changes.
2023-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does seem to be recovering remarkably quickly TT.  Nice job.
2023-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt those wildfires when fueled by winds can be very devastating.  It's nice to see nature recover so quickly.  Nicely documented Tentoes.  
2023-5-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

WN1X Posted at 5-7 14:32
Really nice video...I especially enjoyed the music

Thanks, WN1X!

I looked for a piece with transitions.
2023-5-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

Depp Posted at 5-7 21:36
Amazing how quickly the earth got green again - mostly. Not entirely sure which footage is which but I guess the landing in lovely sun and green is April 30th.

Yes. The oaks and prairie plants were unharmed. The western red cedars don't fare as well as they are flammable.
2023-5-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:53
We had a big grass fire here last summer and it was amazing how quick the green came back,    about 1 week later and there were big changes.

Had I realized how fast it came, I would have revisited sooner. But then the trees had not leafed out yet and the grass was still dormant when the fire came.
2023-5-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 01:57
No doubt those wildfires when fueled by winds can be very devastating.  It's nice to see nature recover so quickly.  Nicely documented Tentoes.

Thanks, Downtown!

That was a crazy windy day.

I understand there used to be devastating wild fires before they learned to burn the land and not let decades of dry fuel accumulate.
2023-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tentoes Posted at 5-8 04:58
Thanks, Downtown!

That was a crazy windy day.

My pleasure Tentoes.  Years back I used to see those types of controlled burns in several southern states.  Seems like something that California should adopt, especially with all the wildfires they have year after year.
2023-5-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:53

Pretty surprising!
2023-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tentoes Posted at 5-8 04:55
Had I realized how fast it came, I would have revisited sooner. But then the trees had not leafed out yet and the grass was still dormant when the fire came.

I only learned that myself last year,     when you see the damage the gut says thats going to be dead a long time.
2023-5-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 22:56
I only learned that myself last year,     when you see the damage the gut says thats going to be dead a long time.

When I was in High School in the 19mumble mumbles, it rained for 3 years and there were terrible floods.

There was a report that Lake Michigan was too high and would take thousands of years to return to proper levels. Lakefront property would be all eroded away. Cities were doomed and so on.

A couple years later, there was a report that Lake Michigan was terribly low and would take thousands or...

I thought, "Wow, thousands of years go by awful fast!"
2023-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tentoes Posted at 5-9 04:51
When I was in High School in the 19mumble mumbles, it rained for 3 years and there were terrible floods.

There was a report that Lake Michigan was too high and would take thousands of years to return to proper levels. Lakefront property would be all eroded away. Cities were doomed and so on.

It was always taught to me that the 1000 year event is a should be rather than an actual.
2023-5-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Amazing to see!
2023-5-16
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

Thanks, Montfrooij!

I figured the trees would be leafed out, but I did not expect all the grass to be green! I figured I'd find little sprouts of grass among the burned stuff.
2023-5-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tentoes Posted at 5-17 04:55
Thanks, Montfrooij!

I figured the trees would be leafed out, but I did not expect all the grass to be green! I figured I'd find little sprouts of grass among the burned stuff.

Apparently some things are quite fire-resilient
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules