Download Maps
1469 18 2023-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6b66f8bd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 794 ft

United States

My new CrystalSky 5.5 does not show any background Maps.  What is the method to download them or, turn that feature on so they show?
DJI Inspire 1 v2 Pro

All Firmware etc is up to date.  CrystalSky is running 3.0.2.0

+++

I have another Inspire 1 and I use an iPhone 13 with the RC.  It has no problem showing maps.  Why should the CRystalSKy have this problem?

Thank you

Jon
  Minnesota
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jon. Thank you for reaching out. We have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-5-8
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

2023-5-9
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

The screen is a pale yellow.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

McBuster Posted at 5-9 06:25

Hi, Jon. Please check our PM. Thank you.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

McBuster Posted at 5-9 06:25

Hi, Jon. Please check our PM for the update. Thank you.
2023-5-30
Use props
TJHOWELL
New
Flight distance : 41033 ft
United States

I'm also having the same issue with my 7.5 ultra bright.. nothing in the maps at all. can't download anything...  
2023-6-7
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

After a number of exchanges, I was told in the Inspire 1 App, the absence of Maps will not be fixed.  That simple ...
2023-6-7
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

TJHOWELL Posted at 6-7 16:55
I'm also having the same issue with my 7.5 ultra bright.. nothing in the maps at all. can't download anything...

After a number of exchanges, I was told in the Inspire 1 App, the absence of Maps will not be fixed.  That simple ...
2023-6-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

McBuster Posted at 6-7 20:21

How can that be when they still cell the Crystal Sky in their refurbished store??

They say;

"Created for outdoor aerial imaging, the CrystalSky monitor features an  ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in sunlight. It is designed  from the ground up to work seamlessly with the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app,  giving camera operators total control."

Additonally;

"A newly designed system removes  unnecessary Android apps and services and is resistant to viruses and  junk software. This ensures that the CrystalSky monitor is able to offer  optimum performance at all times. Its embedded DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app  provides full access to all DJI GO/DJI GO 4 features including aircraft  parameter adjustment, camera control, footage management, and playback.  Using offline maps, maps can be kept available even if going out of  Wi-Fi reach"

Why if they tell us that this is designed for the DJI Go and Go 4 are maps not working??

I have less and less respect for this company.
They have no concept of what customer service is.
DJI, worst in the business!

2023-6-25
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 6-25 12:21
How can that be when they still cell the Crystal Sky in their refurbished store??

They say;

Maps
The company that provides Maps has been changed to another by DJI.  The app for Inspire 2 has been updated.  Inspire 1 has not and will not be updated.  SO, you will get a blank screen for the Inspire 1.  Also, for the Inspire 2, you can import your own maps or use the dialog to choose maps from.  The Inspire 1 has no such dialog.  

"Hi, Jon. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We mentioned that currently, there is no fixed. Since this is a compatibility issue, we suggest to use a mobile phone or tablet instead which will able to do the function you are trying to do. For the Return & Refund Instructions please go to this link: https://store.dji.com/pages/help ... ase%20contact%20our,days%20of%20receiving%20the%20products."

The Warranty page regarding refunds only honors the refund from two weeks of the ship date.  

I was also told to send it in for service and they will load the maps.  I am hesitant to do that as, others have had their stuff 'lost'.

Jon ...
2023-6-25
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Try using Litchi guys. They have support to install Google Maps on the Crystal Sky. I cant believe we got to go to a third party vendor for support with a DJI product. DJI cant even support their own stuff. Thats the reason I stopped buying from them.
2023-6-26
Use props
Rodriguez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361562 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crystalsky 5.5 V03.00.02.00 no map whats up with that?  I just wrote in the first place I went too. It has DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 (801dpadcs).  Dude either let us put what ever software on these tablets or fix the map issues. I use a DJI Mavic 2 PRO and I have no maps either why????
2023-7-4
Use props
zeynox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341086 ft
Germany

Rodriguez Posted at 7-4 15:21
Crystalsky 5.5 V03.00.02.00 no map whats up with that?  I just wrote in the first place I went too. It has DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 (801dpadcs).  Dude either let us put what ever software on these tablets or fix the map issues. I use a DJI Mavic 2 PRO and I have no maps either why????

Unfortunately, that is also the case for me. Such beautiful displays that were so damn expensive. Now no more maps. For me, the selection of regions loads in an infinite loop.

I find it really brazen that this is not fixed for over 3 years. After all, they cost a lot of money. Actually expect a refund! DJI simply has no desire to Update, or how may I understand this?

https://upload.florian-goetze.de/15.07_9qa1VvaN7zvh.mp4

In this sense,
Sad greetings from Germany...
2023-7-15
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

All is okay except, there are no maps for this version of CrstalSKy with DJI Go and my Inspire 1 v2 Pro?  

I contacted DJI Support again.  I gave up and opened a Support Case, sent it in.

Here is what I received today.  

"Dear Customer,
This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined
to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within
3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you.
Thank you for choosing DJI. "

That is quite encouraging.  Will Post again when I receive it back.  And I will not
update the Firmware again.
2023-7-16
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-30 08:09
Hi, Jon. Please check our PM for the update. Thank you.

Here is my Final Eval of Customer Service ...

+++

In the end, it became very clear, Maps are not and will not be supported in Android DJI GO for the CrystalSky 5.5.  Modify your Website Pages and other Information so some other poor sucker does not purchase a product that does not and can not work as advertised.  

What ever DJI product I buy from now on, I will test it thoroughly during the return period.  Here in Minnesota, I do not use drones when it is winter.  I did not do anything with it til spring.  

And ...

Because your advertising is false, you should refund any money paid ...

Or

Fix the problem.  
Which it is clear, you will not do.

Help make me an Ambasador for your products instead of being disappointed.

Jon Dokken
Benson MN
(651) 233-6565

2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_sevXFzRE786h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136496 ft
Germany

do you have a new disk image for the CrystalSky? It is necessary to completely update the outdated android operating system with pre-installed programs. Then there will be no problems with further updates for a while.

It doesn't update for me either. The old one does not load maps, only a yellow screen.
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_sevXFzRE786h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136496 ft
Germany

let's go here:
..../crystalsky/info#downloads

Choose the firmware for your version:

FIRMWARE
CrystalSky Firmware (5.5'') v03.00.02.00
2019-12-16

CrystalSky Firmware (7.85'') v03.00.02.00
2019-12-16

Anleitung zum Aktualisieren der Firmware des CrystalSky
2018-04-13

Install software from Micro SD card.
Options to download through the browser and install from the "Download" folder does not work.
Reinstall again.

If it does not work out. Install the version below:
.../downloads/products/crystalsky
CrystalSky - Firmware (5.5'') v02.06.06.002018-05-25
CrystalSky - Firmware (7.85'') v02.06.06.002018-05-25

then update to the latest.
This is how the map works.
2023-8-17
Use props
McBuster
lvl.2

United States

let's go here:
..../crystalsky/info#downloads

Choose the firmware for your version:
CrystalSky Firmware (5.5'') v03.00.02.00 2019-12-16
Install software from miniSD card.

(I get a FIle with a '.7z' suffix and using the Utility to unpack that, I get 'ZS600A_v3020_20191209.bin')
(I transfer that to a Micro SD Card, put it in the CSky Monitor)
(Settings = Update = Current Version v3.0.2.0)
(There is no 'Update' button) (Nor System Update)

(If I go to Explorer = Click the 'Bin' FIle = I get 'Open As' with Text/Audio/Video/Image' Options)

(So, I am stuck.  )

Options to download through the browser and install from the "Download" folder does not work.
Reinstall again.

(Yep)

If it does not work out. Install the version below:
.../downloads/products/crystalsky
CrystalSky - Firmware (5.5'') v02.06.06.002018-05-25

(In the DJI Instructions for 3.0.2.0, they make it cear not to Install a previous vesion.)
(If you do, it will turn it into a Brick and you will send it back to them for a reload)

(That is what I am dealing with)
(Here is the Official Version from DJI)

("Regarding this issue, we've double confirmed with
our senior engineer, because the DJI GO APP for
CrystalSky is a customised version,
it is not possible to download the APP
from the official website and
install it to crystalsky,
so I am sorry it is unable to solve this problem
by downloading the latest DJI GO APP.")

It is clear they are selling off the inventory for a faulty item and
have no interst to fix anything.  I have read other
Posts from 2018 forward that confirm this.

I will be selling it shortly.  
Look for an iPad Mini.

Thank You

Jon ...
2023-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules