Red sky in the morning, is a Sheppards warning....
593 33 2023-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red sky in the morning,  is a Sheppards warning....

Probably trying to warn me of all the rain that is coming,   well if the forecast doesnt change AGAIN!!

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-5-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An encouraging sign for shepherds everywhere
Nice shots.
Unlike Red SKy at Night - the barn's on fire!
2023-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive capture DA.    If I was out to sea and saw that sky I'd be saying red sky in the morning, sailors warning as that sky usually means rain and winds are coming.  Great to see the castle framed against that skyline though.
2023-5-8
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely shot
2023-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 02:30
Very impressive capture DA.    If I was out to sea and saw that sky I'd be saying red sky in the morning, sailors warning as that sky usually means rain and winds are coming.  Great to see the castle framed against that skyline though.

thanks DT,  I think that was the warning of the rain that was coming.
2023-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Depp.     
2023-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 22:53
thanks DT,  I think that was the warning of the rain that was coming.

My pleasure DA.    For sure that was a warning that you at least had a good chance for rain.  
2023-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:58
My pleasure DA.    For sure that was a warning that you at least had a good chance for rain.

Well I can report that the forecast has been terrible recently,   every day this week so far should have been raining and we've only had rain at night.  Handy for me,  but makes planning very hard.
2023-5-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 23:57
Well I can report that the forecast has been terrible recently,   every day this week so far should have been raining and we've only had rain at night.  Handy for me,  but makes planning very hard.

The good news is at least you've been able to have good weather during the day.  

I'm going to try and get in a flight later this morning after my dentist appointment.  This afternoon I am joining two friends to go on a local dive trip.  So I'm hope the weather holds out all day.  Forecast calls for 20% rain so I'm hoping that means 80% chance of no rain.  
2023-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 03:16
The good news is at least you've been able to have good weather during the day.  

I'm going to try and get in a flight later this morning after my dentist appointment.  This afternoon I am joining two friends to go on a local dive trip.  So I'm hope the weather holds out all day.  Forecast calls for 20% rain so I'm hoping that means 80% chance of no rain.

Fingers crossed for you.

This morning the forecast was for train early evening,  now we have thunderstorm alerts again.   Will they not learn.  
2023-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 04:14
Fingers crossed for you.

This morning the forecast was for train early evening,  now we have thunderstorm alerts again.   Will they not learn.

Weather held out for the dive but the rain poured down hard on the drive back. I guess the weather guessers do get lucky sometimes.   
2023-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 12:45
Weather held out for the dive but the rain poured down hard on the drive back. I guess the weather guessers do get lucky sometimes.

At least you got in the dive first.    I spent a chunk of the playing with the CNC machine as I had a commission for a phone/kindle stand as as it was supposed to be thunderstorms it seemed a safe bet,   No storms came just full sun
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 00:24
At least you got in the dive first.    I spent a chunk of the playing with the CNC machine as I had a commission for a phone/kindle stand as as it was supposed to be thunderstorms it seemed a safe bet,   No storms came just full sun

Yes, was great to get the dive in before the thunderstorm and rains blew in.  Nice that you got a little work done on the CNC but sad that you had full sun and weren't out flying. Another strike against the weather guessers.
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 02:55
Yes, was great to get the dive in before the thunderstorm and rains blew in.  Nice that you got a little work done on the CNC but sad that you had full sun and weren't out flying. Another strike against the weather guessers.

I got a flight in this morning which wasnt expected if the forecast could have been believed,    which set the nerves off about the birds again.   
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 02:57
I got a flight in this morning which wasnt expected if the forecast could have been believed,    which set the nerves off about the birds again.

It almost seems as if it is nesting time.  However, I don't think they would be nesting anywhere nearby.  Maybe they are just out for a feeding frenzy.
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 03:25
It almost seems as if it is nesting time.  However, I don't think they would be nesting anywhere nearby.  Maybe they are just out for a feeding frenzy.

I was just reading up on this.   It seems like during mating season birds get more aggressive and protective of their territory.  
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 03:40
I was just reading up on this.   It seems like during mating season birds get more aggressive and protective of their territory.

I must have been reading a similar article.  Probably with summer coming in we will start seeing even more birds.  
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 13:23
I must have been reading a similar article.  Probably with summer coming in we will start seeing even more birds.

Funny thing is the bird that was the issue is a species Ive never had any issues with in the past.   So something seasonal is very possible.  
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 22:40
Funny thing is the bird that was the issue is a species Ive never had any issues with in the past.   So something seasonal is very possible.

I think you are right about it being seasonal.  

Speaking of birds I had an owl come in to roost last night and hooting for over an hour.  I had to blast him with the air horn to get some peace and quiet.  
2023-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 05:26
I think you are right about it being seasonal.  

Speaking of birds I had an owl come in to roost last night and hooting for over an hour.  I had to blast him with the air horn to get some peace and quiet.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.           How could you.     
2023-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 05:32
Nooooooooooooooooooooo.           How could you.

So sorry, but after 45 minutes of incessant who sounds I'd had it.  He can hoot all day long but just not at night.  Unfortunately, the owls around here tend to sleep all day and prowl all night.  
2023-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 06:14
So sorry, but after 45 minutes of incessant who sounds I'd had it.  He can hoot all day long but just not at night.  Unfortunately, the owls around here tend to sleep all day and prowl all night.

Rare to see/hear them in these parts but I do sometimes find an owl pellet or two which I do enjoy opening.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:48
Rare to see/hear them in these parts but I do sometimes find an owl pellet or two which I do enjoy opening.

Maybe I need to send some from here over your way.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:32
Maybe I need to send some from here over your way.

One of the boards in the moorings has a charity or business that rescues rare birds and Ive seen him driving around with an owl being held in the passenger seat,  that does cause a double take.   He also takes them onto the boat occasionally.
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 23:36
One of the boards in the moorings has a charity or business that rescues rare birds and Ive seen him driving around with an owl being held in the passenger seat,  that does cause a double take.   He also takes them onto the boat occasionally.

For sure if I saw that I'd do a double or even a triple take.  
2023-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 02:54
For sure if I saw that I'd do a double or even a triple take.

He even has a plastic owl on his pier which I did send the drone in for a shot but its black and came out terribly. sadly.
2023-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 21:38
He even has a plastic owl on his pier which I did send the drone in for a shot but its black and came out terribly. sadly.

No doubt he is an owl fan.  Shame the drone shot didn't turn out well.
2023-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 03:30
No doubt he is an owl fan.  Shame the drone shot didn't turn out well.

Yes,  just one of those things.   Ill try again sometime
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 23:31
Yes,  just one of those things.   Ill try again sometime

No doubt can't get great results on every shot.
2023-5-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Beautiful yet ominous, if the saying is to be believed.
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot!
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Peter.  
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No problem!
I took some hours to catch up yesterday evening.
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules