Seeking advice please.
730 1 2023-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcterminator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5056 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, I have a Mini 3 Pro, and I am really exited about being able, with the firmware upgrade to use the Motion Controller 2 and Goggles 2.
My question is the Motion 2 Combo is approx £820 but for another £429 I can buy it with the Avata included.

I have had a dabble at FPV with a Beebop 2 an really enjoyed it.

Should I just buy the Motion Combo 2 and experiment with my Mini3 Pro or splash out and get the Avata also.

Am I going to get a lot more from the Avata kit than I will be able to do with my Mini 3 Pro setup.

Cheers all sorry if this is a dumb question so be patient.
2023-5-8
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Not a dumb question at all.
I am flying both but my ultimate goal was the image quality of the M3P with FPV-like-flying via the Goggles. As this was not possible, my compromise was buying the Avata also.
Given that M3P supports the Goggles now, my only remaining request is flying the MP3 with the RC (instead of MC2) while Goggles are connected. Should be properly supported soon.

So in that sense, no, don't spend the money on the Avata. M3P is the better FPV video-camera.

If however real FPV flying is your goal, meaning manual mode, and flying inverted, loops and other high speed maneuvers, this obviously cannot be done with the M3P. But it is not the strength of the Avata either, maybe the older FPV drone is the better deal for that? Anyway, that is beyond me area of expertise.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules