DJI GO 4 does not show such data.

I need the battery manufactured date:

SN: 0DQAF3M03202M3
SN: 0DQAE9503202HE
SN: 082AD9N0310VGL
SN: 082AD62031055S
SN: 0DQAE3703100DK
SN: 0DQADCU03102VP

Does DJI still make Phantom 4 batteries in 2023 ?

Thank you.

Regards.

Bartek

2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bartek. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to errors with the reading logic of the battery information function in the app, the read battery information is incorrect. For this reason, the DJI engineers temporarily canceled this function. Please watch for app release notes. If there is an update, DJI will issue a new app version for optimization. Please check the production date on the outer box (the outer box of the battery purchased separately). Thank you for your understanding.

Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery is still available in our online store, production date may vary as it is on the outer box as well. (https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... t-v2&position=1).
2023-5-8
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-8 19:00
Hi, Bartek. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to errors with the reading logic of the battery information function in the app, the read battery information is incorrect. For this reason, the DJI engineers temporarily canceled this function. Please watch for app release notes. If there is an update, DJI will issue a new app version for optimization. Please check the production date on the outer box (the outer box of the battery purchased separately). Thank you for your understanding.

Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery is still available in our online store, production date may vary as it is on the outer box as well. (https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-intelligent-battery-high-capacity?from=search-result-v2&position=1).

Hi, DJI Gamora.

I do not have the battery packaging, so I am not able to check the production date from the packaging.

I need the battery manufactured date:

SN: 0DQAF3M03202M3
SN: 0DQAE9503202HE
SN: 082AD62031055S
SN: 0DQAE3703100DK
SN: 0DQADCU03102VP

Why?

I read the information about the Phantom 4 battery.

I quote:

'Battery Lifespan

In general, with proper battery care and following recommended storage and charging procedures, you can expect that a single Phantom 4 Pro battery will last approximately 300-400 charge cycles, or approximately two years on average. Of course, the more you fly and recharge, the sooner you will need to replace your battery. Likewise, the longer you store your battery, the more likely it is to have a shorter lifespan. General warning signs of reduced battery life are indicated by faster than normal discharging during use (shorter flight times), or repeated occurences of battery protection LED indicators as described below. We recommend discarding and recycling all batteries after three years of life, regardless of performance or usage.'

You see it? Three years of life and recommend discarding and recycling.

Is this true about DJI batteries?

DJI definitely has a database of serial numbers. So what's the problem with checking it out?

Thank you.

Regards.

Bartek

2023-5-8
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-8 23:09
Hi, DJI Gamora.

I do not have the battery packaging, so I am not able to check the production date from the packaging.

I can see the activation dates:

SN: 0DQAF3M03202M3   = 2018-08-08
SN: 0DQAE9503202HE     = 2018-04-28
SN: 082AD9N0310VGL     = 2016-12-26
SN: 082AD62031055S      = 2017-04-05
SN: 0DQAE3703100DK    = 2017-05-18
SN: 0DQADCU03102VP   = 2017-05-19

Hope that helps...
2023-5-9
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

Burt37 Posted at 5-9 00:01
I can see the activation dates:

Hi, Burt37.

Interesting. DJI doesn't know and you know.

We'll see if DJI confirms.

SN: 082AD9N0310VGL is incorrect because I sent this battery for repair and today I received information where the production date is 2019-09-21.

Thank you for being more involved than DJI.

It's the 21st century and the battery production date becomes a challenge.

Regards.

Bartek

2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-9 00:26
Hi, Burt37.

Interesting. DJI doesn't know and you know.

They know those dates as well... Perhaps, Gamora was busy with other matters... Who knows...

The good news is that you can still buy new batteries, and but don't quote me on this, I remember reading somewhere on Internet, that someone had found the way to open the OEM DJI battery and just replace the guts by keeping the electronics... I didn't take time to read it properly, so maybe it was for a different DJI model...
2023-5-9
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

Burt37 Posted at 5-9 01:12
They know those dates as well... Perhaps, Gamora was busy with other matters... Who knows...

The good news is that you can still buy new batteries, and but don't quote me on this, I remember reading somewhere on Internet, that someone had found the way to open the OEM DJI battery and just replace the guts by keeping the electronics... I didn't take time to read it properly, so maybe it was for a different DJI model...

New batteries are available, but not necessarily functional. 14 days ago I bought three new original DJI Phantom 4 batteries. I received a package, and inside three dead batteries that did not work at all. The batteries did not even wake up after being connected to a dedicated DJI charger for a long time. I sent the batteries back and still haven't got my money back.

Open the DJI OEM battery and just replace? Interesting.

Thank you.
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-9 01:34
New batteries are available, but not necessarily functional. 14 days ago I bought three new original DJI Phantom 4 batteries. I received a package, and inside three dead batteries that did not work at all. The batteries did not even wake up after being connected to a dedicated DJI charger for a long time. I sent the batteries back and still haven't got my money back.

Open the DJI OEM battery and just replace? Interesting.

I just bought a battery last week (M3P) and I believe I had to insert it into the drone and then power the drone (while connected to the USB cable) to get the new battery to start to charge. When I originally insert it in the dedicated charger pack, (the one that takes three battery at once) it did nothing, it just wouldn't start to charge, like it was dead...
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-8 23:09
Hi, DJI Gamora.

Hi, Bartek. Please note that the activation date is different from the manufacturing date. If you will need activation date information in the future, please go to this link: (https://service.dji.com/active/search). Also, the life expectancy of the Lithium intelligent flight battery depends on how frequently it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, Lithium batteries have a lifespan of around 300 to 500 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade. However, the lifespan can be extended by practicing proper battery maintenance, such as regularly charging and discharging the battery, storing it in a cool, dry place, and avoiding extreme temperatures and humidity.
2023-5-10
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 08:01
Hi, Bartek. Please note that the activation date is different from the manufactured date. If you will need activation date information in the future, please go to this link: (https://service.dji.com/active/search). Also, the life expectancy of the Lithium intelligent flight battery depends on how frequently it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, Lithium batteries have a lifespan of around 300 to 500 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade. However, the lifespan can be extended by practicing proper battery maintenance, such as regularly charging and discharging the battery, storing it in a cool, dry place, and avoiding extreme temperatures and humidity.

HI, DJI Gamora.

Thank you for link. I will check.

But.

I asked for the production date.

What about the information about three years?

'We recommend discarding and recycling all batteries after three years of life, regardless of performance or usage.'

Is this true about DJI batteries?

2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-10 12:03
HI, DJI Gamora.

Thank you for link. I will check.

Hi, Bartłomiej. Can you please confirm if that statement was from a DJI website? If yes, please provide the link. Thank you.
2023-5-11
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 08:01
Hi, Bartek. Please note that the activation date is different from the manufacturing date. If you will need activation date information in the future, please go to this link: (https://service.dji.com/active/search). Also, the life expectancy of the Lithium intelligent flight battery depends on how frequently it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, Lithium batteries have a lifespan of around 300 to 500 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade. However, the lifespan can be extended by practicing proper battery maintenance, such as regularly charging and discharging the battery, storing it in a cool, dry place, and avoiding extreme temperatures and humidity.

Hi DJI Gamora,

DJI Activation date is 2016-12-26

I sent this battery for repair because BSM is wrong after 4 charging cycles.
I received information where the production date is 2019-09-21.The seller during the sale also informed that the battery production date is 2019-09-21.

What do you think about it?

2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-19 03:19
Hi DJI Gamora,

Hi, Bartek. We're not sure what you're asking. If it is the production/manufacturing date, we don't have any information about that as the production time is on the outer packaging box of the product, with the year and month.
2023-5-22
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-22 06:49
Hi, Bartek. We're not sure what you're asking. If it is the production/manufacturing date, we don't have any information about that as the production time is on the outer packaging box of the product, with the year and month.

The 5th letter in the sn# is the year & the 6# in the sn# is the month of that year.
if it is E=2019, F= 2020, G= 2021, H=2022, J=2023
and the 6th number is the month of that year, 1=Jan, 2=Feb, and on b=Dec
2023-5-22
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

Dog Man Posted at 5-22 13:45
The 5th letter in the sn# is the year & the 6# in the sn# is the month of that year.
and the 6th number is the month of that year, 1=Jan, 2=Feb, and on b=Dec

It is the production/manufacturing date
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dog Man Posted at 5-22 13:45
and the 6th number is the month of that year, 1=Jan, 2=Feb, and on b=Dec

Hi, Dog Man. Thank you for your attention. Each DJI product has a unique serial number which is automatically generated by the system and has no actual meaning.
2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules