Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gimbal wobles in flight
702 3 2023-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrafrost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1625558 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm trying to fly a newly purchased DJI Avata with DJI Goggles Integra and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2. Even after calibrating the IMU and the Gimbal the gimbal still wobbles as I fly it as this video demonstrates:

The aircraft firmware is 01.03.00.00, the remote controller firmware is 01.02.00.00 and the goggles firmware is 01.02.00.00.

The total flight distance is 2.11km and the flight time is 28min, if that matters.

Any ideas?
2023-5-8
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3075335 ft
Canada

Looks like rocksteady is on but not horizon steady. Check your settings. The video looks like your flying forward with wind coming from the side, thus tilting the camera as the Avata tilts to compensate so it's still traveling straight.
2023-5-8
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1625558 ft
  • >>>
United States

That seems to have worked. The live preview that I get through the goggles still shows wobbling but the final result (which is cropped) does not. View from the Goggles vs view from the final video:

Here's what I saw with my Goggles as I flew the Avata:

Here the final video with HorizonSteady:

I guess you need HorizonSteady since the DJI Avata gimbal doesn't appear to support any sort of roll whereas the DJI Mavic 3 drone gimbals do.

Anyway, thank you for your answer!
2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, terrafrost. Thank you for reaching out.
1. The EIS does not apply to the goggles' view; only the footage will have a steady effect.
2. The gimbal camera on Avata provides single-axis stabilization, although its stability is slightly weaker compared to the three-axis stabilization gimbal found on aircraft such as Mavic 2. The goal of this design is to offer a primary perspective view. If the control stick is released suddenly during ascent or descent, or after moving it with excessive force, the gimbal may experience an impact due to significant air changes or inertia. This impact can cause the gimbal to shake and result in shaky video footage.

Please try to fly the aircraft to 20 m and hover it in a windless environment or gently move the control stick to see if the gimbal or video still shakes. If not, it indicates that there is no abnormality. If the issue persists, you may follow the steps below:
1)Check if the gimbal bracket is stuck, and if the rubber damper is broken.
2)Check if the propeller is misshapen or broken.
3)Check if the motor is vibrating abnormally after being started.

If there are no issues after the above inspection, please connect to the goggles for gimbal calibration. If this issue is not fixed after calibration, or if the gimbal is malfunctioning due to external force, it is recommended to send back the product for inspection. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules