Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I own 3 FPV drones with O3 Air Units:1. iFlight Nazgul Evoque F6D
2. GEPRC Cinelog 20
3. GEPRC Cinebot 30

I also own a
4. DJI Avata

While 1. and 4. have brilliant image quality, both new drones 2. and 3. have disgusting image quality. All FPV drones are identically configured, they share the same firmware revision, but the footage of 2 Cinewhoops looks over-compressed, low bit-rate and over-sharpened, to make it short: the footage is really bad!

I made a short video with footage from the C20 and the Nazgul 6. Both on sunny days with blue skies, trees etc., not filters, same configuration, same firmware.
Please look closely how the trees and other fine objects look much over-sharpened (they show halos) and look in the blue skies showing compression artefacts. And see the video from the Nazgul 6 for comparision, which is as good as you would expect it from an action camera.

What makes the image quality so bad in the 2 Cinewhoops? It seems like a very low bitrate. I compared the bitrates in Windows Explorer and both are around 130,000 kbps, so that probably is not the reason. I don't know what makes these O3 Air Units look so bad.

Any suggestion?

Here's the video (best viewed in 4K):

2023-5-8
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Found another video with footage from the C20 and it looks the same:
2023-5-8
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ok i had this same problem, i noticed after seeing this post. my avata on an older firmware without the camera enhancements looked better than my o3 with all the camera extras. what i did was reflash the current firmware with assistant 2 on the o3 unit, and then reset the camera parameters and now both look just as good as each other. hope it works for you too
2023-5-25
Use props
Nahuel4
lvl.1
Argentina

Hello, I had the same problem and I wanted to know if you were able to solve it?
2-26 13:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules