RC Controller and offline maps
1728 16 2023-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WN1X
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

Is there a problem with the servers providing offline maps for the RC controller? I've tried downloading maps a number of times over the past couple of days and always get the same behavior--nothing is downloaded after selecting the area I need.
This is not a local networking problem because connecting the RC via a different network results in the same issue. Even using a hotspot from my phone doesn't get me offline maps.

2023-5-8
Use props
Ernestosi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 626257 ft
Italy

You can find a similar thread here: Downloading maps on DJI RC , we found the same problem with latest firmware...
2023-5-8
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. I'm not sure why I didn't find that when I searched to see if others had reported the issue.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, WN1X. Thank you for reaching out. Is there any micro SD card in the RC? A microSD card needs to be inserted to download the offline map in DJI RC, and the downloaded offline map will be saved in the micro SD card. Please make sure that the firmware version is the latest, change different Wi-Fi or hotspots to try, make sure there is an SD card inserted and there is sufficient space, then have a try. If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information:
1. A video showing the issue.
2. Your current location information.
3. RC log and tested time.

Here's how to get the DJI RC Logs:
Tool preparation:
1. Be sure to install DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on a computer.
2. Use the USB 3.0 Type-C cable

Operating steps:
1. Power on the DJI RC remote controller and connect it to the computer using the USB 3.0 Type-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
3. After DJI Assistant 2 identifies the DJI RC remote controller, click the connected device name icon.
4. Go to the Menu page and select [Log Export] in the left menu. Next, click the data to be exported and select [Save To Local].
5. After selecting the storage path, please wait until the downloading and compression have been completed.
6. Then, send the saved file (format: .DAT) to us.

Please keep us posted.
2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ernestosi Posted at 5-8 23:06
You can find a similar thread here: Downloading maps on DJI RC , we found the same problem with latest firmware...

Hi, Ernestosi. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue as well. Can you please provide us with the needed information above for analysis? Thank you.
2023-5-10
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
United States

Hi DJI Gamora,

Yes, there is a fresh SD card in the RC controller and the firmware is the latest. From what I have read on this forum, all users attempting to use offline maps on the RC controller are experiencing this problem. That is the "good" news.

The bad news is the offline maps not installing is a DJI server side problem and not local to my controller or drone. DJI needs to fix this.
2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WN1X Posted at 5-10 05:58
Hi DJI Gamora,

Yes, there is a fresh SD card in the RC controller and the firmware is the latest. From what I have read on this forum, all users attempting to use offline maps on the RC controller are experiencing this problem. That is the "good" news.

Hi, WN1X. Thank you for the reply. Please provide us with the needed information above as they will help us locate the issue. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208753 ft

Slovenia

I've got exactly same problem with mini 3 and RC controller.
2023-5-10
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
United States

OK, here is my most recent flight log and a short video showing the problem: Video. I stopped the video after a few seconds wait for the offline map to load, but I can leave it for hours and it will never load.
2023-5-10
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mini 3 Pilot Posted at 5-10 06:29
I've got exactly same problem with mini 3 and RC controller.

As I expect *everyone* with an RC controller and the current firmware has this problem. Now if we can only get DJI to understand and correct it.
2023-5-10
Use props
acepaul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14757 ft
United States

I will chime in and say I have the exact same problem with the RC controller. All firmware updated, SD card installed, solid wifi connection. In the Seattle area if that matters.
2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WN1X Posted at 5-10 06:30
OK, here is my most recent flight log and a short video showing the problem: Video. I stopped the video after a few seconds wait for the offline map to load, but I can leave it for hours and it will never load.

Hi, WN1X. Thank you for you cooperation. When was the test time and your current location?
2023-5-10
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
United States

The test was recorded today. I am located in Rhode Island.
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_0pVguis1HFH5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22073 ft
Italy

Same problem with Rc-n1 + tablet or phone android.
2023-5-10
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_0pVguis1HFH5 Posted at 5-10 12:47
Same problem with Rc-n1 + tablet or phone android.

So we can be pretty sure the issue is the app or it is DJI's servers where the problem lies.

Makes me think DJI doesn't want to pay for the map data
2023-5-10
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
United States

Offline maps are now working. Nothing was changed on my end, so they must have kicked their map servers.
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi all. We have confirmed with our relevant team that the issue with the offline maps has been fixed now. Please try it on your end. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules