569 3 2023-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AboveItAll
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279967 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got a ronin rsc2 gimbal, and I do a balance with motors off, etc but everytime I turn it on the motors spin it around to a default position facing the wrong way. what is going on?

rsc2.jpg
2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the issue. Please try to re-fold the DJI RSC 2 and restart the gimbal, and check whether the contact pin inside the foldable structure is dirty, or if the pin will pop up or not.
If the pin will not pop up or the issue persists after trying the suggestions above, you may need to send the gimbal back for further diagnosis and service.
Please click https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair to start an online repair case.
2023-5-8
Use props
Topsturner
New

United Arab Emirates

I tried re-connecting / locking / unlocking and it wouldn't work.  Searched for hours online.  For anyone else looking for a solution other than returning it to DJI, this just fixed mine.  

It's nothing to do with dirty connections, the gimbal thinks it's in Briefcase Mode.  Fix by doing this: 1. With a camera mounted and the balanced gimbal switched off, open / unfold the gimbal and hold it in Briefcase Mode 2. switch on the gimbal and it will be of course working fine (at this point I thought 'great at least I can use it in this mode') 3. double tap the trigger to reset position 4. with the gimbal still on, close and lock the handle so that you're holding the gimbal in Flashlight Mode i.e. in a straight line 5. double tap the trigger again to reset position 6. raise the gimbal in to Upright Mode - you will see everything is the right way around again - and just to reassure you it's fixed, double tap the trigger to reset position.  Et voila.  

I auto tuned the gimbal before reset but it was obvious by it's behaviour that this had fixed the problem.  Good luck and hope this saves people a few bucks, I was about to buy a new one.  Cheers!
4-8 01:30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Topsturner Posted at 4-8 01:30
I tried re-connecting / locking / unlocking and it wouldn't work.  Searched for hours online.  For anyone else looking for a solution other than returning it to DJI, this just fixed mine.  

It's nothing to do with dirty connections, the gimbal thinks it's in Briefcase Mode.  Fix by doing this: 1. With a camera mounted and the balanced gimbal switched off, open / unfold the gimbal and hold it in Briefcase Mode 2. switch on the gimbal and it will be of course working fine (at this point I thought 'great at least I can use it in this mode') 3. double tap the trigger to reset position 4. with the gimbal still on, close and lock the handle so that you're holding the gimbal in Flashlight Mode i.e. in a straight line 5. double tap the trigger again to reset position 6. raise the gimbal in to Upright Mode - you will see everything is the right way around again - and just to reassure you it's fixed, double tap the trigger to reset position.  Et voila.  

Hello. We're glad to see you've resolved the issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
4-8 02:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules